Name:	IMG_1253.png
Views:	360
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	104079  
Old 05-12-2024, 03:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
You don’t like the bottom right taking over the roads???? when they have a perfectly good MMP
Old 05-12-2024, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,794 Times in 1,388 Posts

Again.

Happens every year!
Old 05-12-2024, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,103 Times in 379 Posts

I admire those with the skill and endurance for biking and recognize that they are riding vehicles which are sharing many of our roadways.

Some attributes of bike riding concern me, especially on busy roads. Group riding is probably enjoyable to the group but in my mind does present some inherent danger. It may be an issue when it causes a slowdown below posted speeds. Also, it seems that groups of cyclists follow each other closer than the three second rule between riders which could create an awkward situation if one of the forward riders has an emergency. Another often observed issue by some riders, is a practice of not stopping for stop signs, but just slowing down until they can safely fast pedal through. They may know what they are doing but the rest of us are guessing.

Just for info, is there any limit to group size?

In any event, safe biking and enjoy.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I admire those with the skill and endurance for biking and recognize that they are riding vehicles which are sharing many of our roadways.

Some attributes of bike riding concern me, especially on busy roads. Group riding is probably enjoyable to the group but in my mind does present some inherent danger. It may be an issue when it causes a slowdown below posted speeds. Also, it seems that groups of cyclists follow each other closer than the three second rule between riders which could create an awkward situation if one of the forward riders has an emergency. Another often observed issue by some riders, is a practice of not stopping for stop signs, but just slowing down until they can safely fast pedal through. They may know what they are doing but the rest of us are guessing.

It isn't "ifone of the forward riders has an emergency ", it's when! There will be a pile up.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,217 Times in 768 Posts

Florida living ....
Old 05-13-2024, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

The first things I would think about as summer approaches in the Villages is lightning and how happy I am to be in a place where I have never seen a tick.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post

is it so hard just to move over to the left when you see a large group of bicyclists, I mean how many times a day does the average villager encounter them and what’s the hurry ,is losing maybe a minute at a slower speed upset you that much ? I don’t ride in a group but.I don’t know why this is a problem for so many people . I also love the way people will say well I’m only thinking about there safety , when they’re really thinking why are they on the road or on the paths or anywhere where my car is .I ride on city streets in Boston and for the most part cars and bikes manage to get along ,maybe because the people riding in cars realize that’s one less car they have to deal with in traffic
Old 05-13-2024, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,500 Posts

Where the snowbird?

Tags
summer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.