Mars Attacks! Canada had balloon or something shot down.

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2023, 06:22 AM
Default Too Late...

...for the balloon festival at Polo Grounds.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
MEREDITH DELISO
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 6:39 PM EST
A high-altitude object tracked over northern Canada has been shot down over the Yukon, officials said.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he ordered the takedown of "an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace."

"Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object," he tweeted.

Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage, Trudeau said.

A US F 22 shot it down ? What's wrong with this picture ? Could not the Canadian piper cub handle this ?
yes. I have the same question. the first balloon cruised over Canada, but they did zero....and now they get the U.S. to shoot another one down over their airspace?
Old 02-12-2023, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
yes. I have the same question. the first balloon cruised over Canada, but they did zero....and now they get the U.S. to shoot another one down over their airspace?
It came in over Alaska first, and was allowed to travel on.
Maybe the USAF need the target practice more than the RCAF!
Old 02-12-2023, 07:44 AM

Our government let the first balloon (that we were told about) travel all the way across the continent unmolested. When it became apparent that "most Americans" didn't like it, the government decided to shoot the next couple of balloons down pretty quickly. Seems to me, all it proves is the government didn't know what to do, we have no leadership skills at all, at the leadership level.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What is going on of late with the balloons? And where are they lifting off from?
I didn’t see that they were balloons. Just the first big one. Perhaps they were UFOs. Or flying cars driven by witches or wizards from Harry Potter.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:16 AM

The Chinese have succeeded if people believe they have 19th century technology They are the world superpower.In my opinion some people turn their heads for the love of money over love of country. Lets have hearings on this Issue just like Tick Tock and years later nothing
Just my opinion
Old 02-12-2023, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

the fact is none of us will ever know how many are up there, & what exactly they are doing. a few days ago, i predicted in another thread we would find more, & let's see what happens in the coming weeks

Last edited by PugMom; 02-12-2023 at 09:06 AM. Reason: speeling, lol
Old 02-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causey View Post
Our government let the first balloon (that we were told about) travel all the way across the continent unmolested. When it became apparent that "most Americans" didn't like it, the government decided to shoot the next couple of balloons down pretty quickly. Seems to me, all it proves is the government didn't know what to do, we have no leadership skills at all, at the leadership level.
Seems to me, you hang on Tucker's every lying word. If the US had shot it down, over the US and one person on the ground died, you would write, "All it proves is the government didn't know what to do, we have no leadership skills at all, at the leadership level."

Last edited by airstreamingypsy; 02-12-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

My birthday was yesterday. One of the dollar store balloons slipped out of my wife’s car coming into the house. She said an F12 got it about 25 seconds later. Looks as if they have a hair-trigger. But in their defense the balloon was no doubt made in China.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
MEREDITH DELISO
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 6:39 PM EST
A high-altitude object tracked over northern Canada has been shot down over the Yukon, officials said.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he ordered the takedown of "an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace."

"Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object," he tweeted.

Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage, Trudeau said.

A US F 22 shot it down ? What's wrong with this picture ? Could not the Canadian piper cub handle this ?
Funny post of the day.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What is going on of late with the balloons? And where are they lifting off from?
As the daughter of two fighter pilots, I have to say I'm happy for the F-22 pilots, who got to shoot the objects down. What a thrill for them.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:56 AM
Default China is not in 19th century

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Dunno. But I'm not buying into the wild speculation about Chinese spy satellites. I doubt we have anything to fear from a technology that came of age in the 19th century.
China is one of the most aggressive countries in the world and certainly has the technology to be up to no good
Old 02-12-2023, 10:02 AM

The first balloon obviously came from Oz as it definitely was trying to land in Kansas.

The Chinese are making these balloons out of all the recycled plastic we've sent to them over the years. They're just send it all back.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causey View Post
Seems they were worried about it causing damage or harm if shot down over land. It was carrying a device the size of passenger jet plane, so it could certainly have caused damage and why they waited until it coasted over the ocean.

Guess we know where your politics stand.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:14 AM
Default Balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Dunno. But I'm not buying into the wild speculation about Chinese spy satellites. I doubt we have anything to fear from a technology that came of age in the 19th century.
Today, Sunday, it was just announced that the balloon shot down past Myrtle Beach had the capacity to photo and send real time photos to whoever was on the receiving end. Also it is revealed that it had western made parts in its construction.
That brings up something else, just what was that cylinder object shot down over Canada? There was no balloon, altitude 40000 feet. Not an orbit. What was powering it and how was it flying. Odd to say the least!
BTW weather balloon weights are controlled by international laws. I believe the max is 12 pounds. The one we shot down was 1700 lbs.
We need to wake up folks
Closed Thread

Tags
mars, balloons, lifting, attacks, late

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.