Men are just Happy People - oldie but goodie

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2023, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
When I want to get my husband out of my hair I tell him we need one of the following: a new tool, a bigger screen TV, golf clubs, a new car, fishing gear, or a better grill. Whichever item I choose, I do not see him for a week. He is too caught up in the excitement of buying something he could use. Eventually, his exuberance wears off and he tells me the item is too expensive and we will just keep what we have. I shake my head in agreement. I got my much-needed space (5-7 days of freedom)
and that"s all that matters. Works every time!
Hahaha. I’ll have to try this with my husband.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:55 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

JohnN, another fun thread from you to start my day —thanks.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-28-2023 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
When I want to get my husband out of my hair I tell him we need one of the following: a new tool, a bigger screen TV, golf clubs, a new car, fishing gear, or a better grill. Whichever item I choose, I do not see him for a week. He is too caught up in the excitement of buying something he could use. Eventually, his exuberance wears off and he tells me the item is too expensive and we will just keep what we have. I shake my head in agreement. I got my much-needed space (5-7 days of freedom) and that"s all that matters. Works every time!
Hmmm, well, men are the more simple creatures, we don't look for deep logic nor cunning.

And regarding grocery stores, at one point in my career I managed a warehouse of electronics and it was important to keep stuff orderly. Thusly, when checking out, I am a bit .. structured.. that the dairy up first onto the conveyor, meats or other freezer/fridge stuff, then the canned goods, then jars, boxes, produce, eggs and non-edibles.
And I bag it when possible because, of course, I'm the best ******! LOL
Old 07-26-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
Some of this I agree with, some I don't.

The bottom line why men are happier is that (most) don't make perfect the enemy of good (enough). We tend to make decisions quicker, don't overthink, and focus on the goal. Woman (some, not all) agonize over details of limited importance, and they experience "analysis paralysis" and even when it's done, question what decision they made and could they have done better. Men shrug and move on.

Don't believe me? Stand in line at a McDonalds and watch men order vs women. Men will walk up, order in mind - "Number five with a diet coke". A woman will stand back for a bit, study the menu, and still when they get up there, hesitate.

I might do that with a house or car. McDonalds? Low impact decision. The goal is food in your belly. Make it and move on.
Impulse decision making and the ability to look at the big picture and make a data based decision are two very different things. Women take longer to order food and change some of the parameters because they are more concerned about their health and food value, however, most women who are making data based decisions do not go to McDonalds unless their kids want Happy Meals.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:54 AM

What a bunch of stereotypical garbage. This is exactly why so many marriages are not good ones, people keep perpetuating this kind of thing.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:35 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
What a bunch of stereotypical garbage. This is exactly why so many marriages are not good ones, people keep perpetuating this kind of thing.
I have a different opinion. I think a sense of humor is good for a marriage. Laughing at the little silly stuff that makes us different is fun.

Vive la difference!

Boomer
Old 07-26-2023, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 07-26-2023, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

In good spirit here are some valuable tidbits the men in my life have taught me. I will title it Lucky To Be A Woman

1. A man is expected to fix everything. The only thing a woman fixes is her hair. And dinner, when she feels like it.
2. A man has to carry the heavy items. If he doesn't, he isn't a real man. A woman could care less how heavy something is she just wants it moved.
3. A woman can smile at a man, woman, or child and easily make new friends. If a man smiles at a man, woman, or child he is asking for an ass whooping, slap in the face or jail time. (in that order)
4. A well-dressed woman is admired.
A well-dressed man is gay.
5. A woman can cry and all is forgotten. No traffic tickets from police, free stuff from retailers, and someone else happily picks up the slack. If a man cries he is a wuss.
6. On a hot summer day, a man has to decide if he can adjust or scratch his "family jewels" in public. Or, suffer and not risk the embarrassment. A woman is always cool as a cucumber.
7. Every child remembers Mother's Day but Father's Day is hit or miss. If they do remember, you get a necktie.
8. A woman can have sex whenever she pleases. A man has to beg and plead.
9. Women have it made. She simply says, "Oh! I can't reach this!" And, someone immediately retrieves it for her. A man has to retrieve everything on his own.
10. A woman can forget her wallet ans someone happily foots the bill. If a man forgets his wallet, he is cheap.
11. A woman can talk to another woman about anything. A man can talk to another man on limited subjects... weather, tools, barbecue, sports, and farts.

12. Happy wife; happy life. A happy man is never the plan. And a woman could care less...princess mode!

There are many more, but you get the drift. Yes, men may be simple and happy but women are damn lucky.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

That was awesome 👏!
Old 07-27-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Presicely...

The Villages Florida
And then they will say "A woman's work is never done".

A woman's work is never done, because they never want it to end.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:02 PM

Quote:
In good spirit here are some valuable tidbits the men in my life have taught me. I will title it Lucky To Be A Woman

1. A man is expected to fix everything. The only thing a woman fixes is her hair. And dinner, when she feels like it.
2. A man has to carry the heavy items. If he doesn't, he isn't a real man. A woman could care less how heavy something is she just wants it moved.
3. A woman can smile at a man, woman, or child and easily make new friends. If a man smiles at a man, woman, or child he is asking for an ass whooping, slap in the face or jail time. (in that order)
4. A well-dressed woman is admired.
A well-dressed man is gay.
5. A woman can cry and all is forgotten. No traffic tickets from police, free stuff from retailers, and someone else happily picks up the slack. If a man cries he is a wuss.
6. On a hot summer day, a man has to decide if he can adjust or scratch his "family jewels" in public. Or, suffer and not risk the embarrassment. A woman is always cool as a cucumber.
7. Every child remembers Mother's Day but Father's Day is hit or miss. If they do remember, you get a necktie.
8. A woman can have sex whenever she pleases. A man has to beg and plead.
9. Women have it made. She simply says, "Oh! I can't reach this!" And, someone immediately retrieves it for her. A man has to retrieve everything on his own.
10. A woman can forget her wallet ans someone happily foots the bill. If a man forgets his wallet, he is cheap.
11. A woman can talk to another woman about anything. A man can talk to another man on limited subjects... weather, tools, barbecue, sports, and farts.

12. Happy wife; happy life. A happy man is never the plan. And a woman could care less...princess mode!

There are many more, but you get the drift. Yes, men may be simple and happy but women are damn lucky.
Thank you for this, and your sense of humor. Which seems to be lacking in some.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Whoo boy....
Old 08-05-2023, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

A man was walking along a beach when he stumbled on something.
He bent down and picked it up and it was an Arabian lamp.

He proceeded to wipe the sand off when a Genie appeared. The Genie seemed to be angry and said “This is the third time that I’ve been disturbed this week, so you’re only going to get one wish instead of three, so you’d better make it a good one!”

The man thought for a minute and said,
“I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii, but I get seasick, and I’m afraid of flying, so I wish that you would build me a bridge so that I can drive over.”

The Genie exclaims:“You’ve got to be kidding me! Think about the logistics, all of the steel that would have to be sunk in the ocean and all of the asphalt! That’s too hard, think of something else.”

The guy thinks again and says, “You know, I’ve been married and divorced three times and each time, they say it's because I don’t understand them. So I wish to be able to understand women, know what they’re thinking when they’re quiet…”

The Genie interrupts him saying “Stop right there! Did you want that bridge to be two lanes or four?”
Closed Thread

Tags
man, woman, men, people, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.