An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Default An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years

An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years.

He would have loved to plant potatoes in his garden, but he is alone, old, and weak.

His son is in college in Paris, so the old man sends him an e-mail.

He explains the problem: "Beloved son, I am very sad because I can't plant potatoes in my garden. I am sure, if only you were here, you would help and dig up the garden for me. I love you, Your Father."

The following day, the old man receives a response e-mail from his son: "Beloved Father, please don't touch the garden. It's there that I have hidden 'the THING'. I love you, too, Ahmed"

At 4 pm the US Army, The Marines, the FBI, the CIA, and the Rangers visit the house of the old man, take the whole garden apart, and search every inch, but can't find anything. Disappointed they leave the house.

A day later, the old man receives another e-mail from his son. "Beloved Father, I hope the garden is dug up by now and you can plant your potatoes. That's all I could do for you from here. I love you, Ahmed."
Old 10-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post

He would have loved to plant potatoes in his garden, but he is alone, old, and weak.

He explains the problem: "Beloved son, I am very sad because I can't plant potatoes in my garden. I am sure, if only you were here, you would help and dig up the garden for me. I love you, Your Father."

The following day, the old man receives a response e-mail from his son: "Beloved Father, please don't touch the garden. It's there that I have hidden 'the THING'. I love you, too, Ahmed"

At 4 pm the US Army, The Marines, the FBI, the CIA, and the Rangers visit the house of the old man, take the whole garden apart, and search every inch, but can't find anything. Disappointed they leave the house.

A day later, the old man receives another e-mail from his son. "Beloved Father, I hope the garden is dug up by now and you can plant your potatoes. That's all I could do for you from here. I love you, Ahmed."
😂 Hilarious!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

An oldie but goodie, usually told as Italians with the son being a mobster who can't help dig the garden because he is in prison.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 10-14-2022, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
An oldie but goodie, usually told as Italians with the son being a mobster who can't help dig the garden because he is in prison.
I had not heard these that I can recall.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

It’s supposed to be a old Italian,
Old 10-14-2022, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
It’s supposed to be a old Italian,
Yup... That's the way I've heard it for years...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-15-2022, 04:22 AM
Veteran member

It can be anyone you want it to be. At some point in the past, when the prejudicial nature of the 'jokes' became too pointed, the expression 'EPC' evolved in my neck of the woods and perhaps others: Ethnic Person of Choice, as in 'How many EPCs does it take to change a light bulb?' But has anything changed?/...
Old 10-15-2022, 06:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:

Freakin sad hyperbole, but still funny!
Old 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:

This is a related and absolutely true story (featured on PBS):
A old Vietnamese man is lamenting over the fact that all his sons have gone off to war and are unable to help him dig a fish pond, which he desperately needs to supply protein to his remaining family. He decides to build a tiny hut where he wants the fish pond to be. Every night for about one hour he places a lighted lantern inside the hut. Within a week the hut is bombed by the US, presumably as a clandestine meeting site of the North Vietnamese military. The resulting bomb crater quickly fills with water and becomes his fish pond.
The story was relayed in a simple matter-of-fact style to a PBS film crew visiting Vietnam in the early 90s.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:31 AM

I could almost believe the Vietnamese story.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:00 PM
Default Can’t wait to share this one.

[QUOTE=petsetc;2146562]An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years.

A day later, the old man receives another e-mail from his son. "Beloved Father, I hope the garden is dug up by now and you can plant your potatoes. That's all I could do for you from here. I love you, Ahmed."[/QUOTE

Thank you for putting a big grin on my face. I am immediately sharing with friends and family. ]
Closed Thread

Tags
garden, man, son, e-mail, beloved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.