Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Speaking of balls..........

I had to share this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NDpPSgfwo
Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Speaking of balls..........

Love this guy. Having a brain cramp, tho. What is the piece at the 1:50 mark, right after "Good Bless the USA'? The title eludes me ~~~
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

muncle
you mean when the saints go marching in .........Not surprised you don't know it , ha ha

fumar
Old 04-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Eternal Member

No, I do recognize the Saints ~~ too many night in the '60s sitting in a Dixie Land joint drinking beer and eating peanuts. The piece that's nagging me plays about 1:43 to 1:58. Hardly more than a bridge but definitely a separate song. C'mon Musical Fumar, you'll know it.

NCIS is coming on. Gotta go.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Darn it Muncle,

I have been sitting here, backing that little thing up, again and again, to catch the part you are talking about. Those beautiful, poignant strains...OF WHAT???

And I cannot name that tune.

All I can offer you is company in your misery because now it is driving me nuts, too.

It sounds like a movie theme, something written to make people like me cry at the end, not sad tears, happy tears, well maybe a little sad. But not tears that glisten like pearls on my porcelain cheek. Tears that well up, turn my eyes all red, turn my nose all runny, make me blubber and snort, render me limp, a heap of embarrassment, curled up in my seat until everyone else is gone from the theater...

WHAT THE HELL IS IT????

I can't stand it anymore. I have to go watch Boston Legal now.

Boomer

Old 04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Soaring Parsley

I could not resist bumping this today to see if anybody reading it is bored enough to glance back through it and try to identify the mystery song that the guy is playing. I have been back and forth between those numbers Muncle referred to more times than I want to admit. What is the song? I try to catch it starting at about 1:39. It seems like the audience responds to it so they must know.

You know, I really need to get a life or at least move this infernal computer out of the kitchen.

But if you can help, that would be great. Not help me with getting a life or moving the computer. Just help with naming that tune.

Boomer
Old 04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Platinum member

Muncle, Fumar, Boomer....oh my.........muncle, fumar, boomer......oh my Sorry about the name that tune melody. I haven't a clue. Hubby is the music genius, I will ask him when he gets home?? Don't want you guys going looney! HELP THEM, EVERYONE! LOL
Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sounds like the beginning of "America the Beautiful" to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Eternal Member

Would you believe a slow tempo version of O Canada ? Where were our Canadian brothers when we needed help??? But while searching the web for this, I came across some other pianists who use their, ahem, well, just look ---

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DGpZLKLM3Jc
Old 04-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Soaring Parsley

WHAT???

O CANADA!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Did you see what I wrote last night?? :redface:

I was completely convinced that it was the theme from some exquisitely, erotically, ecstatically beautiful, most romantic movie in motion picture history, the name of which I could not quite recall.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

I was thinking along the lines of maybe Bridges of Madison County only with music. Or maybe the always perfectly imagined followup to Rhett carrying Scarlett up the staircase. I knew it was not from either of those. But I knew it had to be something that would evoke the same stirrings in my heart and soul.

I could not name that tune, had no idea what it was, but I had already categorized it right up there with the romance of Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini from Somewhere in Time. You know. "Dah-Dah-Dee-DahDee-Daaaah, Dah-Dah-Dee-Dah." I know you know it.

That's where I was last night. And I was behaving shamelessly, telling all of you how much I loved that tune and what I knew it could do to me.

AND IT WAS O CANADA!!! O CANADA!!!

[size=7pt]Boomer[size=7pt]
Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Platinum member

Oh my goodness, and to think that balls could evoke such emotion!!!!! O Canada......
Old 04-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
WHAT???

O CANADA!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Did you see what I wrote last night?? :redface:

I was completely convinced that it was the theme from some exquisitely, erotically, ecstatically beautiful, most romantic movie in motion picture history, the name of which I could not quite recall.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

I was thinking along the lines of maybe Bridges of Madison County only with music. Or maybe the always perfectly imagined followup to Rhett carrying Scarlett up the staircase. I knew it was not from either of those. But I knew it had to be something that would evoke the same stirrings in my heart and soul.

I could not name that tune, had no idea what it was, but I had already categorized it right up there with the romance of Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini from Somewhere in Time. You know. "Dah-Dah-Dee-DahDee-Daaaah, Dah-Dah-Dee-Dah." I know you know it.

That's where I was last night. And I was behaving shamelessly, telling all of you how much I loved that tune and what I knew it could do to me.

AND IT WAS O CANADA!!! O CANADA!!!

[size=7pt]Boomer[size=7pt]
Understandable. The concept of anthem came to me, but I was convinced it was a religious hymn. Even a couple words kept flitting thru, but they didn't ring the right bells. As soon as I found the site that identified it, I thought --- well O Canada - of course. makes sense now.

Wasn't sure about Paganini -- I'm real weak with classical titles. Got a clip and I can see why you'd thought maybe . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MuPqYtV_k

Being a basic low brow, I really enjoy the old album Hooked On Classics from the early 80s. Often it will be playing and I'll hear something very familiar and it will drive me crazy trying to identify it. Except for the Lone Ranger theme and maybe Hungarian Rhapsody #2, I never remember titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THga...eature=related
Old 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Well. you ALL are wrong. I have not listened to it, but just by your descriptions, it HAS to be Ravels Bolero from the movie 10.

O Canada. Snort. ;D
Old 04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Wasn't sure about Paganini -- I'm real weak with classical titles. Got a clip and I can see why you'd thought maybe . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MuPqYtV_k

Being a basic low brow, I really enjoy the old album Hooked On Classics from the early 80s. Often it will be playing and I'll hear something very familiar and it will drive me crazy trying to identify it. Except for the Lone Ranger theme and maybe Hungarian Rhapsody #2, I never remember titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THga...eature=related
Oh Muncle,

Please don't be so tough on yourself. A low brow you are not. Just look back through this thread and see how you managed to start with such a title and then evolve it into a quasi discussion of classical music.

And thanks for finding the Rachmaninoff. Beautiful.

But, I gotta tellya Muncle, when I showed up here in the kitchen early this morning and clicked on the old "Hooked on Classics" link, my day started with a laugh and quite a workout on the exercise ball that I use for a desk chair. Just listen to that relentless backbeat. Good stuff. And I hope I can find it on iTunes and put it on my iPod.

A snot I am not. Yes, I have been known to go to the symphony from time to time, truly seldom. I am almost always ready to leave at halftime.

But, sit me down in a blues club and I am there all night.

Thanks for the links.

Boomer
Old 04-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Sure doesn't sound like O Canada to me. Any other thoughts?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.