Teach Your Children Well, and careful with us elders.

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 73 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time
--
Classy move.

We did something similar at Cody's at LSL some time back. Our waitress was having a bad day and was telling all and sundry about it. She was apparently called in on her day off and was pretty miffed about it all. Got huffy with me when the coffee refill I had asked her for didn't appear for about 10 minutes or so and I asked another waitstaff for it, which appeared promptly.

Anyway, when we left (total bill about $25 or so) I gave her a $10 tip (may have been more--can't remember) and said I hoped her day got better. She looked shocked before a big smile appeared on her face.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 73 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

--
Wow at first I was going to say how wonderful your action was! But then...your action was worst than the young ladies. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!
Old 08-08-2023, 08:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Our daughter after Medical School had 2 choices Pediatric or Geriatric Medicine her choice was Pediatric the reason Children grow up.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:59 AM
Default larryandlinda

Quote:

--
Excellent lesson for youthful arrogance. Gotta remember this one! 👍
Old 08-08-2023, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
You took what could have been a wonderful lesson in kindness to making this young lady feel justified for her behavior. Hope it made you feel better.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 08-08-2023, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
This is too funny. Not the joke itself but everyone’s reactions to it.
Yup!

The comments from those who don't realize it's an old joke are priceless...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-08-2023, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Our daughter after Medical School had 2 choices Pediatric or Geriatric Medicine her choice was Pediatric the reason Children grow up.
Yes, and most grow up with a sense of humor... But not all of them, it seems...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 08-08-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:

--
Very old joke. It's been around for years.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
This is The Villages. It will still get posted once a month, for the next 20 years.

I'm at a loss why people think this is a venue to post the Internet Memes they find ... like no one on here has a computer and hasn't seen the same things, 10,000 times.
Interesting comment! I suppose folks see this and just because they've seen it or something similar before, just assume it is a lie, or posted just for the attention it gets, or whatever. Myself? I'll always tend to believe that there are people who are motivated to act because of the innate positive quality of the act itself. If others have done it too, great!

Seems to me a classy act is still a classy act no matter who does it, or when.
Old 08-08-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yup!

The comments from those who don't realize it's an old joke are priceless...
Especially after at least 3 people told them so. [/facepalm]
Closed Thread

Tags
window, horn, leaned, order, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.