They walk among us and they reproduce.

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2022, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Isn't that a song....come on let me show you where its at , come on......
"I like it like that..."

-Tom Petty
Old 02-20-2022, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Who mentioned the half time show? Did I miss a post?
You didn't miss a post. You missed the half time show at at Publix.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:12 PM

In California, the bags cost 10 cents each. Bag however you want.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,526 Times in 3,111 Posts

So first off - that didn't happen to YOU.
Second - it wasn't recent.
Third - it's only funny to people who get a kick out of the running joke that cashiers are stupid. To those of us who have been cashiers, the funny part is that some people actually believe this crap.

The earliest date I was able to find it, was on a forum called "Cougar Forum", on April 22, 2021. And that post insisted that it was a "true story from my cousin" - which he apparently read on Facebook, with no actual verification that it ever even happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
So I am at (you guess) scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her- why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me- excuse me?
Her- you are wasting our bags!
Me- if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her- that's not my job!
Me- okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her- why are you using two bags?!
Me- because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me- so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her- exactly.
Me- so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her- no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
Me -pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me- okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
Me- looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I always thank the grocery bag person (odd, you can't write b@gger for some reason...).....
******! I did it. What happens now??

😢😯😧😱🌷
Old 02-21-2022, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
******! I did it. What happens now??

😢😯😧😱🌷
Hahaha!!! You were right!! It won't let you write "******". That is nuts!! Censorship button has jumped the rail.
Let's see if we can fool it? Bigger badder booger ******!
Now plural. Bigger badder booger *******.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Third - it's only funny to people who get a kick out of the running joke that cashiers are stupid. To those of us who have been cashiers, the funny part is that some people actually believe this crap.

The earliest date I was able to find it, was on a forum called "Cougar Forum", on April 22, 2021. And that post insisted that it was a "true story from my cousin" - which he apparently read on Facebook, with no actual verification that it ever even happened.
What ? It didn't happen??? No way!

What tipped you off? The OP actually saying it was a joke, or the multiple posters, posting multiple times, that it was a joke?

And no one has said, nor insinuated that all cashiers are stupid. But there are certainly some stupid current (and former) cashiers...

And before you get your knickers in a twist, I worked retail when I was in HS and college. I used the old NCR registers. I used to have a little contest, in my head, to see if I could figure out the change before the register did it...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-22-2022, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Duhhh, thank you! What gave you the clue that it didn't happen to me? The part where it is a thread in the "Just For Fun" area, or the four times that I said it was a joke?
Believe me, I am NOT PC so if one cannot laugh at themselves or take offense at a joke that might relate to their situation, then that's on them. My intention was NOT to offend anyone, but I certainly do not apologize for finding something someone else said, to be funny to me.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Duhhh, thank you! What gave you the clue that it didn't happen to me? The part where it is a thread in the "Just For Fun" area, or the four times that I said it was a joke?
Believe me, I am NOT PC so if one cannot laugh at themselves or take offense at a joke that might relate to their situation, then that's on them. My intention was NOT to offend anyone, but I certainly do not apologize for finding something someone else said, to be funny to me.
Tread lightly!!!!! Be careful of what you consider "a joke" There are 2 obvious members who take exception to just about anything that isn't PC or "woke", and one is far worse than the other. Forum rules prohibit me from naming them, but just about everyone knows who they are. Also, they have about 3 or 4 acolytes---That's all, out of about 100,000 members, so you can see how popular their views are
Old 02-22-2022, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Please tell me, this really didn't happen, it's a joke, right????
LOL, Just a silly joke story. Like "dumb blonde jokes" or senior citizen jokes..
It's one of those forward, forward, forward (100x) emailed stories posted all over the web and on about 50 sites traveling around the world at the speed of emails and social forums.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...end-164614047/

Double The Bags, Half The Brain
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 02-22-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:09 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Never mind

Last edited by Boomer; 02-22-2022 at 10:46 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bag, double, bagging, bags, groceries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.