They walk among us and they reproduce.

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2022, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
I dont get the part where you comment on how much she makes. Are you so entitled that you can make up that story about someone that is working hard to earn a below standard living?
Wait, I thought $15/hr was now a living wage...

It's so hard to keep up these days!

-Tom Petty
Old 02-18-2022, 08:06 AM

Lol, but it's sad
Old 02-18-2022, 08:24 AM

Thank you for the laugh!
Old 02-18-2022, 08:37 AM
Default Copied and pasted from facebook

<probably fake news story>

My Crazy Page - So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened. Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me - excuse me? Her - you are wasting our bags! Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself. Her - that's not my job! Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you. Her - why are you using two bags?! Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out. Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag. *10 seconds of me just staring at her. Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag. Her - exactly. Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items. Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging. *me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching. Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items. Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags. *me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show. Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about? Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.😂😂 | Facebook
And, I'm not wearing the damn mask.
Majority doesn't rule here. My body, my choice. Get over it.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
<probably fake news story>

My Crazy Page - So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened. Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me - excuse me? Her - you are wasting our bags! Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself. Her - that's not my job! Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you. Her - why are you using two bags?! Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out. Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag. *10 seconds of me just staring at her. Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag. Her - exactly. Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items. Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging. *me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching. Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items. Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags. *me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show. Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about? Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.😂😂 | Facebook

What part of "Just for Fun" did you miss? I apologize for not inserting a Disclaimer in my post.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
I dont get the part where you comment on how much she makes. Are you so entitled that you can make up that story about someone that is working hard to earn a below standard living?

YES! Is "yes" the appropriate answer you were seeking?
Old 02-18-2022, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Fr View Post
Lol, but it's sad

Don't be sad...be HAPPY!
Old 02-18-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
So I am at (you guess) scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her- why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me- excuse me?
Her- you are wasting our bags!
Me- if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her- that's not my job!
Me- okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her- why are you using two bags?!
Me- because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me- so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her- exactly.
Me- so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her- no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
Me -pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me- okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
Me- looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Not sure that I could have been as patient as you. At the very least, I would have to talk to the manager. This was supposedly an "educated" person?
Old 02-18-2022, 08:55 AM

Self check out with $300 worth of groceries. I would jion the employee complaining. Self check out should be for people with way less items. Beyond that, the story is a farce.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:56 AM

The entire thread says more about the Villages than it does about bagging groceries.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,068 Times in 535 Posts

it's scary how many read this and believed it happened.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
it's scary how many read this and believed it happened.
I have had cashiers who the making of change was a foreign concept to them.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
So I am at (you guess) scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her- why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me- excuse me?
Her- you are wasting our bags!
Me- if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her- that's not my job!
Me- okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her- why are you using two bags?!
Me- because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me- so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her- exactly.
Me- so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her- no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
Me -pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me- okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
Me- looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

And this is the future of our country!!!!
Old 02-18-2022, 09:21 AM

Scary 😱
Old 02-18-2022, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Please tell me, this really didn't happen, it's a joke, right????
YES....It is a joke. Told over the Internet since 2019 with absolutely NO PROOF this EVER happened. The OP must have finally heard it.
Making fun of low wage workers is why we have no servers here in TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
bag, double, bagging, bags, groceries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.