The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I’m back at camp. Today was NOTHING but a typical fire day. The winds calmed so we were able to resume firing operations.

We have to vacate the school we’re at because school will starting soon. Thursday we’ll be moving camp to a state fish hatchery about 30 miles away. I don’t like moving days.
Well, NOTHING but another day down and one more closer to going home. By Thursday you'll probably be NOTHING but thinking about Saturday anyway.

How are you holding up? Sleeping well because you're exhausted at the end of the day I would imagine.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Well, NOTHING but another day down and one more closer to going home. By Thursday you'll probably be NOTHING but thinking about Saturday anyway.

How are you holding up? Sleeping well because you're exhausted at the end of the day I would imagine.
I sleep NOTHING but great on fires. My tent is set up almost like a bedroom. Queen size air mattress, chair, cooler and a small roll up table. That’s why I hate moving camps. It takes too long to tear down and set back up. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
I sleep NOTHING but great on fires. My tent is set up almost like a bedroom. Queen size air mattress, chair, cooler and a small roll up table. That’s why I hate moving camps. It takes too long to tear down and set back up. lol
I have nothing important to ask so please feel free to ignore. How do they take care of you when it comes to food/meals?
Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Gotcha.....so doing that on Thursday when you're leaving on Saturday is NOTHING but a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I have nothing important to ask so please feel free to ignore. How do they take care of you when it comes to food/meals?
Thanks for asking that. I was wondering the same thing but didn't want K to think I was a pain in the NOTHING for asking all these questions. Sometimes I question what I'm even doing on NOTHING......
Old 08-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Think of fire camp as NOTHING but a small city except everything is mobile.

The kitchen serves hot breakfast and dinner. They send us out with a substantial sack lunch.

We have mobile showers, hand washing units and of course the dreaded porta potty.

Because this is turning into a longer fire today they brought in a laundry unit.

We also have mechanics on hand as well as fuel trucks so we don’t have to go into town.

That’s just what we have on the service side. The camp has its own meteorologist with weather stations placed throughout the fire. We have fire behavior analysts and the list goes on

Old 08-14-2018, 01:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Think of fire camp as NOTHING but a small city except everything is mobile.

The kitchen serves hot breakfast and dinner. They send us out with a substantial sack lunch.

We have mobile showers, hand washing units and of course the dreaded porta potty.

Because this is turning into a longer fire today they brought in a laundry unit.

We also have mechanics on hand as well as fuel trucks so we don’t have to go into town.

That’s just what we have on the service side. The camp has its own meteorologist with weather stations placed throughout the fire. We have fire behavior analysts and the list goes on
Kman if you guys need another port a potty there is one in Malloy Square that someone doesn’t like. You guys are like a MASH unit sorta. We all are learning NOTHING but a lot from your job. Never gave it any thought before but I’ll never forget now. Thank God for your whole gang. One other thing, watch out for Klinger. Take Care
Old 08-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Kman if you guys need another port a potty there is one in Malloy Square that someone doesn’t like. You guys are like a MASH unit sorta. We all are learning NOTHING but a lot from your job. Never gave it any thought before but I’ll never forget now. Thank God for your whole gang. One other thing, watch out for Klinger. Take Care
NOTHING but a great analogy. We even have a full medical unit here and medics with each division out on the fire.

To tell you the truth I think I may have seen Klinger in camp. lol

See you guys tonight.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:38 AM
fw102807

Quote:
NOTHING but a great analogy. We even have a full medical unit here and medics with each division out on the fire.

To tell you the truth I think I may have seen Klinger in camp. lol

See you guys tonight.
Stay safe K, hope you have another day of NOTHING bad.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Stay safe K, hope you have another day of NOTHING bad.
Thanks fw. NOTHING but appreciated.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Sage

Someone is NOTHING but missing, Car 54 where are you? I hope it’s just your internet is out!
Old 08-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Sage

All by myself don’t wannabe all by myself anymore. NOTHING?
Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
All by myself don’t wannabe all by myself anymore. NOTHING?
Hope this means you are NOTHING but feeling better.

Last edited by fw102807; 08-14-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Sage

Wife: Whatcha doing?
Me: Nothing.
Wife: You did that yesterday.
Me: I wasn't finished.

[ i found that]

Last edited by tomwed; 08-14-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage

Where’s Abby? Should we be NOTHING but worried?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Hope this means you are NOTHING but feeling better.

Thanks' FW. Feeling better all day but the fever comes back at night. NOTHING but patience and getting away from the bugger machines. Just hoping everything is cool with our missing compadre and compadraette.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.