The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-13-2018, 10:35 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
No, we can't. He's had enough NOTHING time off. He'll just have to squeeze it in and forgo his couch time.

Btw, I think he meant not needed at the office. He knows he's ALWAYS needed here or this place would fall apart. I guess we're more needy than his employees - lol.
Oh that's good I was feeling a little anxiety. Hoping Tom shows up with another delicious recipe for NOTHING soon
Old 09-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Oh that's good I was feeling a little anxiety. Hoping Tom shows up with another delicious recipe for NOTHING soon
If he doesn't, maybe I'll just serve up NOTHING for dinner and see how that goes over.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Sage

I wrote a nothing story yesterday and when I was about to push send I got a text. I clicked on the text and lost my post. So I'll start over. Nucky when I was 11 we also had a dog named Barney. My dad was an early adopter and loved his gadgets and gizmos. He bought Barney a flea and tick gizmo that looked like a microphone about the size of a quarter in diameter attached to his collar. One day my Aunt Patty visits, we're alone, with Barney and she asks me what it was. I told her that Barney is older and the vet said he needed this hearing aid. When you talk to Barney you need to talk louder and try to speak facing the hearing aid. So now she is leaning way forward and practically yelling, "Poor Barney, I am sorry to hear about your hearing problems." And that's when my father walks and asks Aunt Patty why she is talking so loud. I couldn't stop laughing. My mother, her sister loved that story and I repeated it whenever the family got together. Aunt Patty loved it too. Upon reflection, for the very first time, I wonder if my Aunt was putting me on just to give me a good story.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:29 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I wrote a nothing story yesterday and when I was about to push send I got a text. I clicked on the text and lost my post. So I'll start over. Nucky when I was 11 we also had a dog named Barney. My dad was an early adopter and loved his gadgets and gizmos. He bought Barney a flea and tick gizmo that looked like a microphone about the size of a quarter in diameter attached to his collar. One day my Aunt Patty visits, we're alone, with Barney and she asks me what it was. I told her that Barney is older and the vet said he needed this hearing aid. When you talk to Barney you need to talk louder and try to speak facing the hearing aid. So now she is leaning way forward and practically yelling, "Poor Barney, I am sorry to hear about your hearing problems." And that's when my father walks and asks Aunt Patty why she is talking so loud. I couldn't stop laughing. My mother, her sister loved that story and I repeated it whenever the family got together. Aunt Patty loved it too. Upon reflection, for the very first time, I wonder if my Aunt was putting me on just to give me a good story.
OMG I am chuckling out loud, that is so funny! One of your best NOTHING stories yet.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Better than a recipe because I feel like serving up NOTHING for dinner anyway. Thanks, tomwed, good one! Sounds like a fun aunt no matter which way the story was meant to be.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Better than a recipe because I feel like serving up NOTHING for dinner anyway. Thanks, tomwed, good one! Sounds like a fun aunt no matter which way the story was meant to be.
Here's something for nothing when it comes to cooking. If you don't feel like cooking on a regular bases why not make stuff by the pound. I made a pound of ziti. Why make 2 servings when it refrigerates well? I made a crock pot of pork that can be served all kids of ways for the week. Now whenever I cook I'm thinking about making things in batches.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:23 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Here's something for nothing when it comes to cooking. If you don't feel like cooking on a regular bases why not make stuff by the pound. I made a pound of ziti. Why make 2 servings when it refrigerates well? I made a crock pot of pork that can be served all kids of ways for the week. Now whenever I cook I'm thinking about making things in batches.
Yes and if you would be kind enough to detail those ideas we would be NOTHING but grateful. How about one a day recipes from Tom?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes and if you would be kind enough to detail those ideas we would be NOTHING but grateful. How about one a day recipes from Tom?
2 days ago, 1 lb ziti boil in large pot 13-15 minutes--don't rinse
1] trim fat from boneless pork. /add to crockpot pork 1onion, S&P, garlic powder 1 t, add enough water half way up the pork, cook low 5 hours, drain and save liquids in the frig--when the fat gets hard in the frig scrape that off and discard.

I made pork and onion sandwiches when it was done.

Next day I boiled frozen shrimp in the pork liquid 3 minutes, poured a little over some cold ziti, added 1 T olive oil and 1/4 can of little green peas nuked for 3 minutes then mix in cooked shrimp.

Next day --nuked frozen meatballs 4 min, with ziti and tomato sauce.

nothing goes to waste
Old 09-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING better than that idea. I always think I'm just being too lazy by not doing that when in fact I work harder every day and end up with less. I guess that's one example of what the Kommander likes to say - "work smarter not harder".
Old 09-13-2018, 01:11 PM
fw102807

Quote:
2 days ago, 1 lb ziti boil in large pot 13-15 minutes--don't rinse
1] trim fat from boneless pork. /add to crockpot pork 1onion, S&P, garlic powder 1 t, add enough water half way up the pork, cook low 5 hours, drain and save liquids in the frig--when the fat gets hard in the frig scrape that off and discard.

I made pork and onion sandwiches when it was done.

Next day I boiled frozen shrimp in the pork liquid 3 minutes, poured a little over some cold ziti, added 1 T olive oil and 1/4 can of little green peas nuked for 3 minutes then mix in cooked shrimp.

Next day --nuked frozen meatballs 4 min, with ziti and tomato sauce.

nothing goes to waste
NOTHING but great tips. I am learning much.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Sage

Here's my NOTHING tip for working smarter not harder -

Marry someone who knows how to, and better yet, loves to cook so you don't have to.

Unfortunately I learned that tip 35 years too late.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:40 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Here's my NOTHING tip for working smarter not harder -

Marry someone who knows how to, and better yet, loves to cook so you don't have to.

Unfortunately I learned that tip 35 years too late.
My husband cooks but doesn't plan, I have to come up with the ideas and make sure we have the ingredients which is NOTHING but the hardest part.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
My husband cooks but doesn't plan, I have to come up with the ideas and make sure we have the ingredients which is NOTHING but the hardest part.
So true. I will ask my husband what he wants for dinner and he will usually come up with NOTHING, so he is no help either way. Or better yet he wants me to cook something I absolutely don't like and won't eat. Do you hear my frustration?

As I type this it makes me wonder - maybe I really don't dislike cooking so much but rather the frustration of it all. Nah, I dislike cooking. I'd rather clean any day over cooking and I don't think that's probably at all normal - lol.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:04 PM
fw102807

Quote:
So true. I will ask my husband what he wants for dinner and he will usually come up with NOTHING, so he is no help either way. Or better yet he wants me to cook something I absolutely don't like and won't eat. Do you hear my frustration?

As I type this it makes me wonder - maybe I really don't dislike cooking so much but rather the frustration of it all. Nah, I dislike cooking. I'd rather clean any day over cooking and I don't think that's probably at all normal - lol.
Normal is NOTHING but a setting on the dryer
Old 09-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
When we don't feel like cooking we think NOTHING of ordering a pizza or Chinese food.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.