The Thread About NOTHING

Old 03-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Good morning all and Thank you Abby,

I slept well but I'm very, very sore this morning. DH filled up the ice pack and I took all the drugs. A Physical Therapist should be here at 10 am and then followed by nothing but a nurse or CNA. (Don't worry Tal - I'll let you know if she is blonde, likes movies and is available. LOL).

I have to admit I am amazed at this whole process and I am feeling extremely optimistic that I will have very good results from it. (Fingers crossed and God willing).

Until then, I will be taking it easy and following all the instructions for exercise and whatever they recommend to aid in my recovery.

Oh, interesting factoid -- my surgeon was Joseph Locker, The Orthopedic Institute in Ocala. The day after surgery I had one-on-one PT and then group PT later in the day. In group, I learned that Dr Locker did 5 Hips and 3 Knees just that day! Holy Moly that sounds like a lot of new parts. Since I don't remember any discussion or measurements for the parts -- I asked "how do you know what size prosthetic hip or knee one needs?" Turns out there is a representative from the parts manufacturer in the operating room and they work hand in hand with the surgeon to determine the correct size. I found it all quite fascinating.

5 Minute Quickie Lube anyone?
Nothing but great news!

In no time, you'll be up and ready to be groped...at every airport security line.

The biggest downside of having a bionic hip...according to my wife.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Good morning all and Thank you Abby,

I slept well but I'm very, very sore this morning. DH filled up the ice pack and I took all the drugs. A Physical Therapist should be here at 10 am and then followed by nothing but a nurse or CNA. (Don't worry Tal - I'll let you know if she is blonde, likes movies and is available. LOL).

I have to admit I am amazed at this whole process and I am feeling extremely optimistic that I will have very good results from it. (Fingers crossed and God willing).

Until then, I will be taking it easy and following all the instructions for exercise and whatever they recommend to aid in my recovery.

Oh, interesting factoid -- my surgeon was Joseph Locker, The Orthopedic Institute in Ocala. The day after surgery I had one-on-one PT and then group PT later in the day. In group, I learned that Dr Locker did 5 Hips and 3 Knees just that day! Holy Moly that sounds like a lot of new parts. Since I don't remember any discussion or measurements for the parts -- I asked "how do you know what size prosthetic hip or knee one needs?" Turns out there is a representative from the parts manufacturer in the operating room and they work hand in hand with the surgeon to determine the correct size. I found it all quite fascinating.

5 Minute Quickie Lube anyone?
Good Morning BK A.K.A. = Bionic Woman. Setter Offerer Of The Metal Detector at The Airport.

We had a Dad of one of the Children in Mrs. Nuckies Day Care who had that job of being on call for all sorts of replacement parts. He said the pay was great but very stressful as he was pulled in several directions at once. I told him that if he snapped apart at least he had the parts to put himself together again. Nice Man but always stressed out but a great Dad with his Little Brat. I mean Child.

The good news is there is so much redundancy that no mistakes ever happen. That's what he told me.

I always say it's amazing what men (Meaning Men & Women) can do.
Thank God for their dedication and knowledge.

I'm sure they told you about pain management. You have to stay ahead of the pain cause once the stuff they injected into the spot they were working on wears off it starts to hurt. You know we're rooting for you a whole lot. You'll be Horseback Riding and Skydiving before you know it. Hang in there BK.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Good Morning BK A.K.A. = Bionic Woman. Setter Offerer Of The Metal Detector at The Airport.

We had a Dad of one of the Children in Mrs. Nuckies Day Care who had that job of being on call for all sorts of replacement parts. He said the pay was great but very stressful as he was pulled in several directions at once. I told him that if he snapped apart at least he had the parts to put himself together again. Nice Man but always stressed out but a great Dad with his Little Brat. I mean Child.

The good news is there is so much redundancy that no mistakes ever happen. That's what he told me.

I'm sure they told you about pain management. You have to stay ahead of the pain cause once the stuff they injected into the spot they were working on wears off it starts to hurt. You know we're rooting for you a whole lot. You'll be Horseback Riding and Skydiving before you know it. Hang in there BK.
Starting the day...with a 'nothing' violation?
Old 03-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default 668 views of NOTHING yesterday from 8:55 to 8:55 AM today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Slow day on NOTHING yesterday with 263, 204 as the 3/22/2019 total of views as of 8:55 AM.

262, 951 was the 8:55 AM # for 3/21/2019.

253 view count.
NOTHING has 668 views over the 24 hours with the 8:55 AM EST 3/23/2019 tally at 263, 872.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Thumbs up Nevada-- 93; Texas-- 510; Tennessee-- 495; Pennsylvania-- 3,700; Indiana-- 1,311.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
A4 for 3/22/2019 of The Villages Daily Sun has these six states for the number of households in the Villages that claim these states as home towns:

Colorado-- 344.

Georgia-- 915.

Maryland- 1,529.

Ohio-- 3,229.

Rhode Island-- 488.

Washington-- 180.

The Villages Daily Sun on A4 for 3/23/2019 had these six states showing Villages households that claim these states as home towns:

Vermont-- 281.

Indiana-- 1,311.

Pennsylvania-- 3,700.

Tennessee-- 495.

Texas-- 510.

Nevada-- 93.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Well, sad as it makes me to say, Sorry Nucky, rules are rules and nothing rules are rules too.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
. . .

That's good to hear!

So true. I will make sure to take my drug "cocktail" as prescribed. I have been told throughout my life that I have nothing but a high tolerance for pain but I have decided not to try to be a hero -- you want to give me drugs? I'm going to take them. (Of course not to excess -- I would not want to be addicted, which I highly doubt.)
Old 03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Nothing but great news!

In no time, you'll be up and ready to be groped...at every airport security line.

The biggest downside of having a bionic hip...according to my wife.
LOL -- It's been many, many years since I've been groped it might be fun. (Oops -- NOTHING but kidding!)

Thanks for your good wishes.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well, sad as it makes me to say, Sorry Nucky, rules are rules and nothing rules are rules too.
NOTHING but busted. I was way overdue for a Foul Up Bleep or Blunder.

Hope you feel a little better each day BK, I wasn't suggesting stopping the Gabby stuff just be aware. It really works great it just didn't agree with yours truly. The big NOTHING.

I swear I'm still full from The Fin meal last night. We didn't go for an entire month so I don't Burn Out on the place. It really isn't a lot of food but it sticks to yo ribs Ellie May!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, don't see your name in the manifesto to call out a NOTHING violation. Guess Nucky gets a pass today for being hit by a bad pitch.😀
Old 03-23-2019, 12:12 PM
fw102807

For the record...I believe NOTHING, fact check everything and then remain skeptical. I know how easy it is to manipulate data, even statistics and studies interpreted to support a view. I do not believe in absolute truths because I think there are always more sides to an issue than one. I make judgments on whatever I feel is most likely true and am not even confident about that because...I believe NOTHING
Old 03-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Sorry, don't see your name in the manifesto to call out a NOTHING violation. Guess Nucky gets a pass today for being hit by a bad pitch.😀

Sorry, but the oozing desperation and reference to NOTHING...is NOTHING but funny.

Thanks for that.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Except apparently, when a nothing...says they're nothing.

The good news is though, that you're already walking (limping? )... down the road to recovery.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:05 PM
Sage

TAL, I would have to take NOTHING but a guess that the numbers you post later or tomorrow will be in the Porta-John! Here's some truth for yous.

We were up throughout the night yesterday trying to help someone who has a problem with drinking. When he started to become coherent I asked him what did he think contributed to him turning from a perfectly good person and family man to a person with a problem. I also asked if he wanted to change his bad habit? He said his years in Alaska did it to him and many others that he knew. That living up there turned him into a Curmudgeon and that he sees and feels no joy in NOTHING. The only joy he has is stamping on other peoples happiness and leaving them in a pile of ashes. That's why his Nickname is Phoenix. Well, the good news is he has about 8 hours sober as of this minute. I feel sorry for this guy because he is a nice person when he's sober. Some people are not even when they are. I'm NOTHING but gonna take a nap.

Have fun all yous NOTHING'S! Later.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
TAL, I would have to take NOTHING but a guess that the numbers you post later or tomorrow will be in the Porta-John! Here's some truth for yous.

We were up throughout the night yesterday trying to help someone who has a problem with drinking. When he started to become coherent I asked him what did he think contributed to him turning from a perfectly good person and family man to a person with a problem. I also asked if he wanted to change his bad habit? He said his years in Alaska did it to him and many others that he knew. That living up there turned him into a Curmudgeon and that he sees and feels no joy in NOTHING. The only joy he has is stamping on other peoples happiness and leaving them in a pile of ashes. That's why his Nickname is Phoenix. Well, the good news is he has about 8 hours sober as of this minute. I feel sorry for this guy because he is a nice person when he's sober. Some people are not even when they are. I'm NOTHING but gonna take a nap.

Have fun all yous NOTHING'S! Later.
Thanks, Nucky, that explains a lot. You're NOTHING but a "berry" (remember him - lol) good person. 👍

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.