The Thread About NOTHING

Old 05-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING Violation..
Good Morning to you too! You Big NOTHING World Traveler! Maybe even Good Afternoon by now.

I'm gonna try and do better. I've forgotten my NOTHING so many times lately its not even funny but I sneak it on quickly and never get snagged. Just the NJ coming out, living on the edge.

1ST Doctor today suggested I lose weight, I couldn't help myself, I told him he must have graduated at the top of his class! He busted out laughing, its all in the delivery.

A great friend from Chicago said to me in the pool yesterday, I gotta take you to this Fantastic, Phenomenal Restaurant in Claremont. He said It's about 50 minutes but well worth it. I've been there and had tears in my eyes it was outta this world. I didn't tell him I've been there, he was Like Christopher Columbus Discovering Italian Food!

It was called Goombas! Now I wanna go now. I'm staying on the reservation without adult supervision, I wanna stay outta trouble!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
About the driving/flying thing - I'd take the driving route anytime as long as I'm not in a hurry. It's not that I have a fear of flying at all, I just don't like the inconvenience and waiting around and all the other nonsense that goes along with it. It's not the flying of years ago, that's for sure, but for good reason.

Driving on the other hand I love. Unfortunately, my husband is not in agreement. He dislikes it as much as I love it so if he can get out of it, he will. I do agree with you, fw, about the potential for accidents. My extended family has certainly had their share of them. Between my husband and I we've lost at least 6 close relatives (2 grandmothers, aunt, uncle, cousin, and nephew} due to car accidents. One is too many, 6 is NOTHING but tragic. Haven't lost even one to an airplane incident , but I still love the added adventure of a car ride when going on a trip.
That is sad. And NOT for NOTHING. Only lost one cousin to an extremely brutal car accident in CA from a head-on collision that brought on an extensive fire. Most of our lost ones have been to cancer or old age. And one tragic suicide of my great Uncle. And a suicide of my gun loving paranoid schizophrenic brother-in-law who thought his sister and my brother had been replaced by aliens. Lost younger brother to chronic alcoholism at 52. Capgras delusion - Wikipedia

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-02-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Sorry I NOTHING but missed your post-Abby. That is truly absolutely tragic, Holy Crow. No more Deer Jokes as of the Beep. BEEP!
Old 05-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Sage
Cool May 2, 2019. Villages' household states hailed from #s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
May 1 for the number Villager households with these state hometown for NOTHING:

Arizona-- 106.

California-- 669.

Indiana-- 1,311.

North Carolina-- 713.

Nevada-- 93.

Virginia-- 1,630.

I lived in CA, AZ and NV. And have visited VA, NC, and IN.
Today we have NOTHING but the Villages number of households for these six states:

Arizona-- 106.

Georgia-- 915.

Louisiana-- 95.

Nebraska-- 68.

New Hampshire-- 782.

New York-- 6,303.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

1ST Doctor today suggested I lose weight, I couldn't help myself, I told him he must have graduated at the top of his class! He busted out laughing, its all in the delivery.
I did something similar --

I nothing but asked my doctor:

Q. "What do you call a person who graduates from a top medical school at the top of their class"?

A. Doctor

Q. "And what do you call a person who graduates from a low ranking, third world medical school at the bottom of their class?

A. Doctor

And, so it goes. I could be a doctor -- I would simply tell everyone I meet: Lose, Weight, Stop Smoking, Eat Right, Avoid Stress, Sleep Soundly, Avoid anything Processed. I'll bill you later.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post

Q. "What do you call a person who graduates from a top medical school at the top of their class"?

A. Doctor

Q. "And what do you call a person who graduates from a low ranking, third world medical school at the bottom of their class?

A. Doctor

And, so it goes. I could be a doctor -- I would simply tell everyone I meet: Lose, Weight, Stop Smoking, Eat Right, Avoid Stress, Sleep Soundly, Avoid anything Processed. I'll bill you later.
They just have to pass the Medical Boards as far as I know and just once. NOT NOTHING.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Sage

Dwayne Johnson - Movies, Wife & Family - Biography

Really like the details in a lot of the Dwayne Johnson movies of the past five years or more and not for NOTHING. There are not a HUGE number of actresses and actors I would like to meet but this man is definitely one.

Happy Birthday, May 2, the Rock.

Dwayne Johnson - Rotten Tomatoes

I was horrible at wrestling though.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 05-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Platinum member

But seriously,

We met with my hippy-dippy doctor. I think I mentioned I've been cleared for everything. I asked him what should I avoid? He looked at me and said, probably nothing. You see, your recovery has a lot to do with the shape you were in before the surgery.

I saw where he was going with this ... LOL ... there is nothing I could possibly do that would jeopardize my hip.

One disturbing thing he said, after looking at the x-rays was that normally he replaces hips that look like my left one! (It was the right that he replaced). So there probably is another replacement in my future but as long as I'm not in pain, I'm in no rush. He did say don't wait so long the next time. Don't worry doc, I won't.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
But seriously,

We met with my hippy-dippy doctor. I think I mentioned I've been cleared for everything. I asked him what should I avoid? He looked at me and said, probably nothing. You see, your recovery has a lot to do with the shape you were in before the surgery.

I saw where he was going with this ... LOL ... there is nothing I could possibly do that would jeopardize my hip.

One disturbing thing he said, after looking at the x-rays was that normally he replaces hips that look like my left one! (It was the right that he replaced). So there probably is another replacement in my future but as long as I'm not in pain, I'm in no rush. He did say don't wait so long the next time. Don't worry doc, I won't.
Did you check where he graduated from? And not for NOTHING. As far as I can tell you usually cannot tell where the doctor was in his class.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Sorry I NOTHING but missed your post-Abby. That is truly absolutely tragic, Holy Crow. No more Deer Jokes as of the Beep. BEEP!
No worries about the deer jokes, Nucky. I've learned through quite a few things people would consider tragic that stuff happens in life and there's NOTHING you can do about it but move forward.

But you did remind me that the last incident (my nephew's accident) occured 16 years ago. Where does the time go? Makes one realize how precious time is and I needed that reminder today. Seems that my bad attitude about work has flowed over to the home front and according to the Nucky Manual of Total Love and Romance, that's a big no-no.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Did you check where he graduated from? And not for NOTHING. As far as I can tell you usually cannot tell where the doctor was in his class.
Tal -- it was nothing but a joke and not to be taken literally. But yes I did check from where my doctor was graduated:

Joseph R. Locker, MD
Undergraduate Education
Boston College
Summa Cum Laude

Medical School
Georgetown University
Alpha Omega Alpha
Cum Laude

Residency Training
Tulane University Medical Center

Training
Board Certification
Orthopaedic Surgery - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery

Associations
Professional Associations
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Florida Orthopaedic Society
American Medical Association
Florida Medical Association
Marion County Medical Society
Old 05-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
... Between my husband and I we've lost at least 6 close relatives (2 grandmothers, aunt, uncle, cousin, and nephew} due to car accidents. One is too many, 6 is NOTHING but tragic. Haven't lost even one to an airplane incident , but I still love the added adventure of a car ride when going on a trip.
Wow nothing but so much sorrow for one family to endure. Too much.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:24 PM
fw102807

Quote:

A. Doctor

A. Doctor

This is like the line from the movie Tommy Boy:

Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too, all right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard: I know, they’re called doctors.

NOTHING but a funny movie
Old 05-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post

Hey FW -

I never saw it but maybe I can catch it on youtube or AmazonPrime or somewhere or nothing.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post

I have about 14 years of taking university or community college classes of some kind from 1976 through 1991. Did not take anything in Fall 1984- Spring 1985. Every other year though. NOTHING but lots of classes.

Classes in Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, and French. Did audit and/or drop some of these.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.