The Thread About NOTHING

Old 06-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Up at 5am this morning at the desk in my room checking my email and watching the wild horses out my window. NOTHING but cool!

Now going over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on our way home. Always beautiful, even on a cloudy, hazy day. Such a magnificent structure. God's creation melding with man's - quite a picture.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
And of course nothing but a belated

Happy birthday to Dew
Happy birthday to Dew
Happy birthday Dear Dew-- ie
Happy birthday to Dew.

And many more.

Nothing but
Old 06-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Up at 5am this morning at the desk in my room checking my email and watching the wild horses out my window. NOTHING but cool!

Now going over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on our way home. Always beautiful, even on a cloudy, hazy day. Such a magnificent structure. God's creation melding with man's - quite a picture.
I need to check that out some time. I checked off Maryland in my visited States but was only in there when crossing the Potomac and then heading right back to VA. NOTHING but a quick trip. Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Wikipedia

And I need to get WV and DE off the unvisited US State list as well along with GA and SC.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I need to check that out some time. I checked off Maryland in my visited States but was only in there when crossing the Potomac and then heading right back to VA. NOTHING but a quick trip. Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Wikipedia

And I need to get WV and DE off the unvisited US State list as well along with GA and SC.
I'm sorry, Tal, I forgot to add "tunnel" onto that. I was pecking away on my phone in the car and left out an important word. We were going over (and under) this one at the time -

CBBT History

Although both bridges provide spectacular views, this one is an engineering wonder, as they call it, with the bridge going both over the water and tunneling under. The whole concept NOTHING but fascinates me whenever we use it.

cbbt-jpg

Last edited by Abby10; 06-08-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 06-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I'm sorry, Tal, I forgot to add "tunnel" onto that. I was pecking away on my phone in the car and left out an important word. We were going over (and under) this one at the time -

CBBT History

Although both bridges provide spectacular views, this one is an engineering wonder, as they call it, with the bridge going both over the water and tunneling under. The whole concept NOTHING but fascinates me whenever we use it.

Attachment 79812
Now that is NOTHING but great. CBBT History
Old 06-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Kids are out in the Golf Cart getting christened by the sudden storm. It's a rental cart and in good shape so they should make it home safely. I told them they have to be home by 10 PM and tried to keep a straight face, we busted up laughing, what a flashback that was.

We went to Shooter World today. Oh My. I guess all the formal training that the service provided really paid off. Very impressed with him and Shooter's World. Just an amazing place with fantastic customer safety and top notch security. We had a blast. Mrs. Nucky had to leave her gun behind for repair because it consistently shot the target only in the crotch! Possibly a message? Take it easy Yous All.

P.S. He bought Monopoly Cheaters Version last night. Check it out. It has a time limit and is a whole lotta fun. The Ganged up on me and its the first time I lost in years. The Beat Me Up On My Birthday! Damn!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Kids are out in the Golf Cart getting christened by the sudden storm. It's a rental cart and in good shape so they should make it home safely. I told them they have to be home by 10 PM and tried to keep a straight face, we busted up laughing, what a flashback that was.

We went to Shooter World today. Oh My. I guess all the formal training that the service provided really paid off. Very impressed with him and Shooter's World. Just an amazing place with fantastic customer safety and top notch security. We had a blast. Mrs. Nucky had to leave her gun behind for repair because it consistently shot the target only in the crotch! Possibly a message? Take it easy Yous All.

P.S. He bought Monopoly Cheaters Version last night. Check it out. It has a time limit and is a whole lotta fun. The Ganged up on me and its the first time I lost in years. The Beat Me Up On My Birthday! Damn!
What are the lines like at Shooter's World? Been itching to shoot my rifle again. It has been a while since it was last fired. Probably at a refrigerator in a dump near Rattlesnake Mt in Reno, Nevada in 1982 when I was out with my grandfather. It has been cleaned every so often. And not for NOTHING. Got the rifle around 1973 for my 14th birthday on 2-24.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

The way some previous threads made it sound, there was going to be a two year wait to get into Shooter's World. Did you have to make reservations in advance?

Sounds like NOTHING but a great day..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The way some previous threads made it sound, there was going to be a two year wait to get into Shooter's World. Did you have to make reservations in advance?

Sounds like NOTHING but a great day..
No Sir. We had a choice of going to see Manatees or Shooters World. My son said lemme think about that for a minute. While he was thinking I took off my shirt and announced that the closest thing to a Manatee your gonna see NOTHING but today. He went Ballistic in there. He rented an AR-15 and they let him shoot it wide open. The safety guy had his hand on my sons back. Safety, forget about peoples feelings, safety is where it's at.

K-Man this place is a Dream, it's better than any place I was ever at in the Tri-State area. I asked one of the guys if he was aware of the people who took themselves out or threatened others. They are on their game and provide safety for everyone around.

You could go broke in this joint. The best of everything and great prices. I was a great shooter at one time but not so much anymore. A Shotgun is my best bet for home security. Overall a Phenomenal experience. You will NOTHING but love this joint.

He shot that baby wide open, it was a head turner, to him it was NOTHING! Bada

Last edited by Nucky; 06-09-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Sage

Sounds like NOTHING but a blast.. Not too many places will let you fire rifles indoors anymore. I prefer rifles outdoors just for the simple fact that most indoor ranges aren't long enough to do more than a basic sight in. A hundred feet with my rifle I pretty much don't even need the sights.. lol Luckily we have a 600 yard outdoor range nearby.

But I'm all for a well run, well ventilated, safety first range. I'm sure I'll visit a time or two..

Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Sounds like NOTHING but a blast.. Not too many places will let you fire rifles indoors anymore. I prefer rifles outdoors just for the simple fact that most indoor ranges aren't long enough to do more than a basic sight in. A hundred feet with my rifle I pretty much don't even need the sights.. lol Luckily we have a 600 yard outdoor range nearby.

But I'm all for a well run, well ventilated, safety first range. I'm sure I'll visit a time or two..
Ocala National Forest - Ocala Shooting Range

There is this which costs NOTHING but the gas to get there.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Ocala National Forest - Ocala Shooting Range

There is this which costs NOTHING but the gas to get there.
Tal, sorry I didn't answer your post from yesterday but there were no lines and they really are efficient at moving people thru the place. Everything just seemed to flow now that the newness has worn off the place. I really don't have enough good stuff to say about the place. When we were leaving and headed towards Powell Road I notice a bump out on the building that must be for Rifles. I don't know NOTHING about how long it is but its long. Love it and can't wait to go back. If the kids suggest today, I'm in.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Sage

About 10.30 last night our Daughter In Law called and said she was heading towards the house with an injured Possum. Cute little bugger got run over by something and the back legs were not working. We called every number we could find but couldn't get any help. We took turns holding the little bugger until it finally checked out. NOTHING but a tear jerker.

At their home, they have two Humongous German Sheppards, three Cats and a Rabbit. All were injured when she came across them at various spots in Jersey. They are more than well behave and trained to not jump on people. Just a beautiful person with a heart of gold.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
About 10.30 last night our Daughter In Law called and said she was heading towards the house with an injured Possum. Cute little bugger got run over by something and the back legs were not working. We called every number we could find but couldn't get any help. We took turns holding the little bugger until it finally checked out. NOTHING but a tear jerker.

At their home, they have two Humongous German Sheppards, three Cats and a Rabbit. All were injured when she came across them at various spots in Jersey. They are more than well behave and trained to not jump on people. Just a beautiful person with a heart of gold.
My law school friend rescues near road kill often up in rural Minnesota and for NOTHING. Takes the critters to the vets and racks up quite a bill. She is quite the animal rights champion and a hard core Vegan. Friend since 1987 or so. She was happily married when I knew her in Minnesota.

My sister-in-law might have a fit if I start using the rifle as she hates guns passionately. Her brother was a gun nut and quite crazy and took his life with a pistol back in October of 2014 in VA. I cleaned my rifle as have various gun loving friends over the years but may not get around to shooting it. Do have the ammunition and the like but do not tell her that. It just has not been fired unless one of my father's hunting friends who took care of it once in a while took it out for a work-out.

I used to shoot at barrels from heights from quite a distance. You need a mountain to do that though. None around here. These were in an unoccupied cattle corral. Was about 14 when I did this though. Now it sounds kind of stupid. They did not penetrate the barrel. Just a 22 long rifle round. Did make a loud clang though.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Tal, sorry I didn't answer your post from yesterday but there were no lines and they really are efficient at moving people thru the place. Everything just seemed to flow now that the newness has worn off the place. I really don't have enough good stuff to say about the place. When we were leaving and headed towards Powell Road I notice a bump out on the building that must be for Rifles. I don't know NOTHING about how long it is but its long. Love it and can't wait to go back. If the kids suggest today, I'm in.
Looks like a nice facility. Looking at their website it says they have 39 lanes. 30 for pistol, nine for rifle. Range

Their rifle lanes are 100 yards long. That's NOTHING but phenomenal.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.