The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-28-2019, 07:39 AM
Platinum member

Good morning Sweet Nothings,

I feel like Motel in the Fiddler on the Roof -- Why? He waited for the sewing machine*, we are waiting for our new GAS stove. Yeah -- no more burnt food because I just haven't gotten the hang of the electric range. So happy. (Oh wait, what if something goes wrong with a recipe? Oh, I know, I'll just blame it on the water).

Old 09-28-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Good morning Sweet Nothings,

I feel like Motel in the Fiddler on the Roof -- Why? He waited for the sewing machine*, we are waiting for our new GAS stove. Yeah -- no more burnt food because I just haven't gotten the hang of the electric range. So happy. (Oh wait, what if something goes wrong with a recipe? Oh, I know, I'll just blame it on the water).

Old 09-28-2019, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
This would make NOTHING but a great Thread. Gas VS. Electric Stoves. It would be a winner. Which company is doing the delivering? We had luck with Lowes & Home Depot.
Well we went "whole hog", so to speak. When I was buying my new Apple laptop at Best Buy, Mike was busy in the appliance department measuring refrigerators, we have very limited space in our Lantana kitchen. To make a long story short, he made an appointment with a BestBuy in-home consultant. She came, measured everything and we are waiting this morning for our new French Door Refrigerator, Gas Range, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing Machine and Dryer and a Refrigerator/Freezer for the Garage.

I waited this long because I kept thinking maybe we should hire a contractor and just redo the entire kitchen and laundry room. But since that would be such a big job, and I had "other" priorities, nothing got done.

Well we opted to simply replace size for size with new appliances so while I didn't get the super sizes I wanted, the reality is with just the two of us, what we have really is sufficient.

I got the garage refrigerator (against DH's arguments that we don't need) to store all the water and soda that we always have in inventory taking up valuable cupboard space, And, more importantly, I wanted extra freezer space for that time in the future when I finally locate a "real butcher" -- don't get me started on that one. Ok -- I'll get started, I special ordered a leg of lamb from Publix at least a dozen times. Guess how many times they filled the order? Once! "Sorry M'am they didn't put it on the truck". Two weeks ago, after complaining again to the meat manager, he pulled me aside and quietly said, if you come in on Thursday, I'll call my friend at the warehouse and make sure he puts a leg of lamb on the truck. What is this the black market? Fuhgeddaboudit.

I'm sure if I drive far enough, eventually I will find a butcher that can cut Prime Veal Scallopine and butcher a whole lamb for us. Seems lik folks in these parts only eat beef and chicken. But where there is a will, there is a way.

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL
Old 09-28-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Now that is a lot to post on NOTHING. Good to see you on here BK.

Quote:
Well we went "whole hog", so to speak. When I was buying my new Apple laptop at Best Buy, Mike was busy in the appliance department measuring refrigerators, we have very limited space in our Lantana kitchen. To make a long story short, he made an appointment with a BestBuy in-home consultant. She came, measured everything and we are waiting this morning for our new French Door Refrigerator, Gas Range, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing Machine and Dryer and a Refrigerator/Freezer for the Garage.

I waited this long because I kept thinking maybe we should hire a contractor and just redo the entire kitchen and laundry room. But since that would be such a big job, and I had "other" priorities, nothing got done.

Well we opted to simply replace size for size with new appliances so while I didn't get the super sizes I wanted, the reality is with just the two of us, what we have really is sufficient.

I got the garage refrigerator (against DH's arguments that we don't need) to store all the water and soda that we always have in inventory taking up valuable cupboard space, And, more importantly, I wanted extra freezer space for that time in the future when I finally locate a "real butcher" -- don't get me started on that one. Ok -- I'll get started, I special ordered a leg of lamb from Publix at least a dozen times. Guess how many times they filled the order? Once! "Sorry M'am they didn't put it on the truck". Two weeks ago, after complaining again to the meat manager, he pulled me aside and quietly said, if you come in on Thursday, I'll call my friend at the warehouse and make sure he puts a leg of lamb on the truck. What is this the black market? Fuhgeddaboudit.

I'm sure if I drive far enough, eventually I will find a butcher that can cut Prime Veal Scallopine and butcher a whole lamb for us. Seems lik folks in these parts only eat beef and chicken. But where there is a will, there is a way.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage

NOTHING should have 400,000 non unique views by the 2:55 PM count at the rate we are going.

We have 399, 701 now at 8:55 AM EST 9-28-2019.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Friday NOTHING view count for the 24 hour cycle from 9-26-2019 to 9-27-2019--

398, 856.
398, 087.

We reached 399, 039 at the 11:55 AM EST mark.
399, 701.
398, 856.

9/28/2019 Saturday's NOTHING 8:55 AM EST count for the 24 hour cycle is-- 845.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Sage

BK, think about what they would have said back north. They must have hit the number!

That's the way to do it. I really like it. I have an Appliance Fetish! The salespeople at Sears knew me by my first name. The way you are doing it is the way I like it. It's a happy day.

We did the same thing down here. It's two people not an Army of Kids. We also ordered what fit and went for what was beautiful but reasonable. The house came with high-end LG everything and little by little it all needed replacement.

I'm NOTHING but happier than A Clam At High Tide for You BK. With that much stuff you may be the first or last stop. Stay calm and enjoy it really is a great day. Yippeee!
Old 09-28-2019, 09:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
BK, think about what they would have said back north. They must have hit the number!

That's the way to do it. I really like it. I have an Appliance Fetish! The salespeople at Sears knew me by my first name. The way you are doing it is the way I like it. It's a happy day.

We did the same thing down here. It's two people not an Army of Kids. We also ordered what fit and went for what was beautiful but reasonable. The house came with high-end LG everything and little by little it all needed replacement.

I'm NOTHING but happier than A Clam At High Tide for You BK. With that much stuff you may be the first or last stop. Stay calm and enjoy it really is a great day. Yippeee!

Everything we ordered is nothing but LG -- except the washing machine and dryer. And we ordered fingerprint resistant Black Stainless Steel. Can't wait to see how it all pulls together. The truck just arrived so it won't be long now.

Hmm -- what should our first "gas-cooked" meal be?
Old 09-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

Too bad you don't live out here. We have two competing butcher shops. Both out in the country. Both raise their own beef. One also raises their own pigs and sheep. I'm like NOTHING but a kid in a candy store when I stop in. I get my beef from the smaller shop because they always do a nice job of removing the bones from a rib roast and trussing them back on at no charge. But the bigger shop makes the best sausage and jerky out there. Plus it lets me support local, family owned businesses..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

We should NOTHING but be at 400,000 not unique views at 1:55 PM EST Saturday, September 28, 2019.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thumbs up 400,001 NOTHING views.

Quote:
NOTHING should have 400,000 non unique views by the 2:55 PM count at the rate we are going.

We have 399, 701 now at 8:55 AM EST 9-28-2019.
We just reached 400,001 not unique views of NOTHING.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage

The word 'sun' in all languages of the world

NOTHING but sun in many if not all languages.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
The word 'sun' in all languages of the world

NOTHING but sun in many if not all languages.
Do You Know How to Say Nothing in Different Languages?

NOTHING is not as popular in research. So there are only 80+ words for NOTHING as opposed to what looks like thousands for the sun.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Everything we ordered is nothing but LG -- except the washing machine and dryer. And we ordered fingerprint resistant Black Stainless Steel. Can't wait to see how it all pulls together. The truck just arrived so it won't be long now.

Hmm -- what should our first "gas-cooked" meal be?
NOTHING but Frank's & Beans in honor of the Gas. We still have the Stove from LG it is beautiful but takes a representative from NASA to show me how to operate it. LG is highly rated by Consumer Report BK, you will be Golden. Hope your cookin by now!
Old 09-28-2019, 03:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Do You Know How to Say Nothing in Different Languages?

NOTHING is not as popular in research. So there are only 80+ words for NOTHING as opposed to what looks like thousands for the sun.
I know how to say Something without saying NOTHING! It's a Special Skill.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.