The Thread About NOTHING

Old 05-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I really don't feel like working today. But if I don't NOTHING will get done.
Time to cash out and Come On Down! Sounds like the Price Is Right!

I missed Something which is not Nothing, Mrs. Abby Road, you had to put in a 10 hour day? I don't recall your profession but that time plus the commute in the DeerMobile is abusive. You need representation.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I was sent a picture of our last home up north yesterday by a great friend of mine. It was as if they didn't cut the lawn since 8/2016. I felt so good about the family that got this house. I guess looking in the rear-view mirror maybe they are not suited for ownership. I was so desperate to sell that I would have taken a lot less but only had to cut the price a couple of thousand.

When you all get to the promised land you will not believe how everything grows. It is Nothing but Jurassic Park. I only use Scott's lawn stuff and it is thick & lush. Except for a few patches. I'm working on that. I'll hook you up with a great lawn company when you land. Peace Out. Nucky Brown, James cousin!
Okay, so I was thinking like Charlie Brown (you know, the nice guy), but James Brown works too - lol. Speaking of him, my husband's cousin used to always play his "I feel good" song every time she went to the bathroom. She was a hoot all right - just like you, Nucky!

Anyway, it's Thursday for all of you NOTHINGS who don't know any better.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:

I missed Something which is not Nothing, Mrs. Abby Road, you had to put in a 10 hour day? I don't recall your profession but that time plus the commute in the DeerMobile is abusive. You need representation.
Haha.....you're right as usual, Nucky. Believe me if I didn't like my current job, I wouldn't be doing it. Left my last position which was 10 minutes away for this one, so you know they must be treating me right. The commute is almost 1 hour each way so it does end up to be NOTHING but a very long day. My other day or 2 per week are much shorter. That's about all I can tolerate after 40 years of this. You heard it here first - this will be my last job!! Then on to better pasture - of course, hoping to be blessed with a long stay in The Villages pasture before making it to the eternal pasture.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Haha.....you're right as usual, Nucky. Believe me if I didn't like my current job, I wouldn't be doing it. Left my last position which was 10 minutes away for this one, so you know they must be treating me right. The commute is almost 1 hour each way so it does end up to be NOTHING but a very long day. My other day or 2 per week are much shorter. That's about all I can tolerate after 40 years of this. You heard it here first - this will be my last job!! Then on to better pasture - of course, hoping to be blessed with a long stay in The Villages pasture before making it to the eternal pasture.
I hear ya! I'm gonna go grazing in the kitchen then wander over to a different Cement Pond! Trying to go to every one. All 82 of them last time I looked. The best one so far is small but beautiful, Phillips Villas way up north. In a Golf Cart, it is Nothing but an adventure.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
I hear ya! I'm gonna go grazing in the kitchen then wander over to a different Cement Pond! Trying to go to every one. All 82 of them last time I looked. The best one so far is small but beautiful, Phillips Villas way up north. In a Golf Cart, it is Nothing but an adventure.

NOTHING like swimming for exercise. While you do that, I'm headed for a nap. Between this rainy weather and fighting off a sinus/ear infection, I don't feel like doing much of anything else.

Hey K, don't work too hard. Hardly working is much better.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,451 Times in 2,282 Posts

Quote:

I would so love to cash out now. I just don't think I'm ready to pay for ten years of medical insurance until I can collect Medicare. Our current plan has me paying five years before MC.. I think I'd go NOTHING but broke if we pulled the plug now.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would so love to cash out now. I just don't think I'm ready to pay for ten years of medical insurance until I can collect Medicare. Our current plan has me paying five years before MC.. I think I'd go NOTHING but broke if we pulled the plug now.
I'm picking up what you're laying down. Better that you enjoy your life than rush to get here and have major remorse. Mostly everyone has a second guess about something. Boy O Boy is it going to be a Sweet Thing when 10 years pass and you get here.
Hope I'm here to greet you but even then I won't remember NOTHING.

Hope you feel better tomorrow Mrs. Sniffles. Smile.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm picking up what you're laying down. Better that you enjoy your life than rush to get here and have major remorse. Mostly everyone has a second guess about something. Boy O Boy is it going to be a Sweet Thing when 10 years pass and you get here.

Just hang on another 5 years Nucky Old Boy.. When Mrs. K turns 62 we're NOTHING but out of here.. She'll be 57 in July..

Old 05-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Boy, do I feel your pain. That's exactly where we're at too. Weighing how many years we can afford to pay health insurance before making the decision to pack it up. If all had gone as planned 4 years ago, we would probably be golden. But when the house sale up here went bottoms up (long story), we had that much less money to work with and had to recalculate. Then I ended up getting a new job that I actually like after 4+ years of misery, so it's looking more likely that it will be a couple more years for us. Even then, we will probably be going between 2 homes, but at least we will be down there a lot more.

Best laid plans......hope your story will be the opposite of ours and you get down there sooner than you think, like maybe you could age faster - lol.

Check my reason for editing - it's there.....

Last edited by Abby10; 05-17-2018 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Forgot my NOTHING
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Boy, do I feel your pain. That's exactly where we're at too. Weighing how many years we can afford to pay health insurance before making the decision to pack it up. If all had gone as planned 4 years ago, we would probably be golden. But when the house sale up here went bottoms up (long story), we had that much less money to work with and had to recalculate. Then I ended up getting a new job that I actually like after 4+ years of misery, so it's looking more likely that it will be a couple more years for us. Even then, we will probably be going between 2 homes, but at least we will be down there a lot more.

Best laid plans......hope your story will be the opposite of ours and you get down there sooner than you think, like maybe you could age faster - lol.

Check my reason for editing - it's there.....
I'm glad you found a job you like. That in itself can make life NOTHING but better.

I've found that there are no shortcuts in life. We all have to travel the journey intended for us. I just get impatient sometimes.. lol

Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Sage

Quote:

Thanks for the well wishes. Yeah, I probably won't remember NOTHING either by the time Mr and Mrs K make it to TV. And if my ears don't unplug soon I might not be able to hear NOTHING either! But like K says hang in there, good buddy. Keep up the good work with your healthy lifestyle and in 5 years time maybe you can be an example to all of us that TV really is the fountain of youth.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm glad you found a job you like. That in itself can make life NOTHING but better.

I've found that there are no shortcuts in life. We all have to travel the journey intended for us. I just get impatient sometimes.. lol
Being impatient has always been one of my "non-virtues", so I get it.

Btw, have you noticed we are doing NOTHING but breaking all kinds of records here. View count has bumped NOTHING up to #2 in Just for Fun and we are only off by another 11 posts to be #3 in Hottest Threads.

Yeah, we're hot, we're hot - that's for Nucky -lol!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:46 PM
Sage

Quote:

My Nothing brother and Sister I will change my tune so you don't suffer. Today was terrible, dog poop all over, terrible meals, bad service got cut off in the car, cart, and walking. It really sucks and I want to go back to NJ where at least you can see the air in the summer. It's either brown or orange. So there, I hope it helped you out a little bit. Regards, Pinocchio.

Almost forgot I had to wrestle an alligator over at Lake Sumter at lunchtime. All in a days work around here. Commissioner Gordon is flashing the light in the sky. Talk about more Nothing tomorrow.

I now have the patience of a saint as long as everything is going my way! Waaaahhhhhh!
Old 05-17-2018, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
My Nothing brother and Sister I will change my tune so you don't suffer. Today was terrible, dog poop all over, terrible meals, bad service got cut off in the car, cart, and walking. It really sucks and I want to go back to NJ where at least you can see the air in the summer. It's either brown or orange. So there, I hope it helped you out a little bit. Regards, Pinocchio.

Almost forgot I had to wrestle an alligator over at Lake Sumter at lunchtime. All in a days work around here. Commissioner Gordon is flashing the light in the sky. Talk about more Nothing tomorrow.

I now have the patience of a saint as long as everything is going my way! Waaaahhhhhh!
I was just about to post that it is NOTHING but a bummer not having W around to close out our nights, then I see your post.......thanks for ending our day with a good laugh.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:15 AM
Sage

I read yesterday that I dunno something about the Very Best LAID plans. Just wanted to mention that there is a whole lot of time for that also Mrs. Abby take your time figuring it out. It will be funny when you get it. Its Nothing but a joke grenade.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.