The Thread About NOTHING

Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Today I slept past 7:00 for the first time in I can't remember when.. I feel so rested that I might just do NOTHING today.
Good for you! Enjoy your day - kick back and read or do whatever else you enjoy in your downtime. NOTHING better than a day like that, especially after a week of working long hours. I was going to say after a week of hard work, but not sure if conference calling is really considered as such - haha!
Old 06-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Today I slept past 7:00 for the first time in I can't remember when.. I feel so rested that I might just do NOTHING today.

I hope your Nothing is going well. I never ever had a clue about sleep apnea. I always thought it was the Nextel Walkie Talkie and Telephones on the nightstand that kept me awake.

I saw a video of my sleep study. 8 minutes out of every hour was sleep. So I was really sleeping 48 minutes per night. That's horrendous. Isn't it great to feel awake and aware in case someone forgets to type Nothing? Not gonna get me today! Or else I'll be .
Old 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Sage

Since I have a few days off in a row here again, figured I should get some stuff done around the house. So here I am cleaning windows just in time for the next rainstorm to come along.......

Window washing is NOTHING but a futile job even though the immediate effects can be satisfying. That's why whenever I am in a business and see someone washing those big glass entry doors, I stop to thank them and tell them how nice it looks because generally speaking, it's a thankless job.......
Old 06-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I hope your Nothing is going well. I never ever had a clue about sleep apnea. I always thought it was the Nextel Walkie Talkie and Telephones on the nightstand that kept me awake.

I saw a video of my sleep study. 8 minutes out of every hour was sleep. So I was really sleeping 48 minutes per night. That's horrendous. Isn't it great to feel awake and aware in case someone forgets to type Nothing? Not gonna get me today! Or else I'll be .
Because DOT loves to institute new rules, I had to do a sleep study to maintain my Commercial Drivers License. Luckily I passed. If not they would have required proof that I used a CPAP. NOTHING but bureaucratic BS..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Since I have a few days off in a row here again, figured I should get some stuff done around the house. So here I am cleaning windows just in time for the next rainstorm to come along.......

Window washing is NOTHING but a futile job even though the immediate effects can be satisfying. That's why whenever I am in a business and see someone washing those big glass entry doors, I stop to thank them and tell them how nice it looks because generally speaking, it's a thankless job.......
I'm NOTHING but lucky when it comes to windows. We have a local crew that will do our entire house, in and out for $120. We have 24 windows and 3 sliding glass doors. Plus because our house is built on a slope our upstairs windows are way higher than I want to go..

Old 06-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm NOTHING but lucky when it comes to windows. We have a local crew that will do our entire house, in and out for $120. We have 24 windows and 3 sliding glass doors. Plus because our house is built on a slope our upstairs windows are way higher than I want to go..
Yep, same here, sounds like a similar house set-up with 3 stories in the back - lots of windows and sliders. Fortunately, I can do most from the inside and the few I can't I can do from the deck. I insisted that I was NOT cleaning the windows until the house was POWERWASHED but you can see who broke down first. My patience and persistence is NOTHING like my husband's.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Sage

I can't comment about our windows because we are hardly ever home. Nothing but The Villages, AHHHH!

I'm going to check them out later. My wife's nickname with her girlfriends is Scrubbing Bubbles. It never ends, clean, clean, clean.

The guy who does our house on the outside doesn't blow the dirt off with power, he applies some stuff then rinses it off. Environmentally friendly? Egner's is the company.

Back to the pool 3rd time today. Nucky LaLanne!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
I can't comment about our windows because we are hardly ever home. Nothing but The Villages, AHHHH!

I'm going to check them out later. My wife's nickname with her girlfriends is Scrubbing Bubbles. It never ends, clean, clean, clean.

The guy who does our house on the outside doesn't blow the dirt off with power, he applies some stuff then rinses it off. Environmentally friendly? Egner's is the company.

Back to the pool 3rd time today. Nucky LaLanne!
Nucky, you have the life! Your wife and I sound like 2 peas in a pod. When my husband and I worked a lot, I had a cleaner. She used to complain to my husband that there was NOTHING to clean. You just don't say things like that to Mr Frugal.

We use Egner's down there as well. Good job and reasonable price. Now if I could only get them to come up here........

Your post brought back a memory. My mother and I used to exercise together with Jack LaLanne - those were the days. My mom was an amazing woman.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Sage

Oh my goodness, now my husband is talking about dogs. Are we NOTHING but living in parallel universes, Nucky?
Old 06-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Oh my goodness, now my husband is talking about dogs. Are we NOTHING but living in parallel universes, Nucky?
Wait for this. Mrs. Nucky is having a little technical difficulty but is joining TOTV'S. Just to see what's going on in the world of Nothing. Sit up straight. Get ready. Here Come's The Judge! Sooner or later that is.

The windows are gleaming by the way! Yes Dear, they are perfect Dear. Oh Boy!
Old 06-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wait for this. Mrs. Nucky is having a little technical difficulty but is joining TOTV'S. Just to see what's going on in the world of Nothing. Sit up straight. Get ready. Here Come's The Judge! Sooner or later that is.

Does that mean we have to behave ourselves now? Not sure that is NOTHING I can do.

I'm sure she'll be a great addition. Welcome Mrs. Nucky.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Sage

As of 23:58 EST

The Villages Florida

NOTHING was better than the summer of ‘72

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:

Geez, didn’t you warn her ? NOTHING good can come of this.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Geez, didn’t you warn her ? NOTHING good can come of this.

I did for sure but she wanted to see what all the Hub Bub Was! Bub! She say I know you doing somefin I say Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch, Baby I'm just doing Nothing! She is a smidgen more reserved than I.

I know where I was in the summer of 72. Damn one of the only years I can remember. Playing Baseball and Basketball around the clock because you could be in the street back then till late with no worry. It's the year I graduated Grade School. Nothing like a great memory Wiotte, Thanks, man!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:46 AM
fw102807

Quote:
I did for sure but she wanted to see what all the Hub Bub Was! Bub! She say I know you doing somefin I say Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch, Baby I'm just doing Nothing! She is a smidgen more reserved than I.

I know where I was in the summer of 72. Damn one of the only years I can remember. Playing Baseball and Basketball around the clock because you could be in the street back then till late with no worry. It's the year I graduated Grade School. Nothing like a great memory Wiotte, Thanks, man!
A smidgen? Is that like a dash? You better behave yourself or you might be getting a lot of nothing.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.