The Thread About NOTHING

Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,453 Times in 2,283 Posts

I'm bored and there's NOTHING going on around here..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Nothing but true. My husband is one who would love that problem but I think he is still nothing but handsome.
Started going bald in law school while I was in a very large dorm-- Middlebrook Hall-- on the U of MN Campus. My roommate was a Dr. Kim from South Korea who already had two doctorates --one a MD. And he been a doctor in the South Korean army. He was going for a Ph.D. from a US school. Anyway my hair started falling out while he was studying chemical blood reactions due to stress put on mice while they were running mazes which I found somehow quite appropriate. He would joke about it. I found out later he was in the same volume (1995, 12th Edition) of Marquis Who's Who in the World as I am in and could have been in others as well. I was in a number of these and not for NOTHING. Wrote him a few letters back then along with many other people I found in that volume. He did reply I think around 1996 or 1997 to my letters.

Sent him some e-mails at his university in South Korea but he never replied even using the little bit of Korean I picked up.
They sure have a lot of Kims over there in both Koreas.

He was one of my better roommates.

For vanity's sake I often wear a hat of some kind. And you often needed some kind of head wear in the bitter cold of the Minnesota winters. At least, while outside, that is. Inside was often way too hot.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-22-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I am finding that ignore is a wonderful way to filter out everything that is not NOTHING.
Not for NOTHING, fw, but thanks for the reminder. You sound like a very wise woman. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's great to have you here.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
If you were living in The Villages you wouldn't have to worry about that. Oh, never mind, I forgot they roll up the streets at 9pm - you'd be bored there too. I guess you have NOTHING left to do but go read a book.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh, and if I might add -

If you are talking about being bored around here specifically, be careful what you ask for. Instead of wishing for something, be content with NOTHING. This should be our motto, don't you think?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
If you were living in The Villages you wouldn't have to worry about that. Oh, never mind, I forgot they roll up the streets at 9pm - you'd be bored there too. I guess you have NOTHING left to do but go read a book.
I read about three books a week in the winter. Now I'm NOTHING but lucky to get through one.

I love Kindle Unlimited.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh, and if I might add -

If you are talking about being bored around here specifically, be careful what you ask for. Instead of wishing for something, be content with NOTHING. This should be our motto, don't you think?
I love a little rowdy NOTHING.. lol

Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I read about three books a week in the winter. Now I'm NOTHING but lucky to get through one.

I love Kindle Unlimited.
Wow, that's impressive! What do you like to read, besides NOTHING of course?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
I love a little rowdy NOTHING.. lol
You would - lol. But that's only because you're so good at handling it. Me and Nucky, on the other hand, usually end up in NOTHING but trouble. And then there's W - he usually IS the rowdy NOTHING. What a crew! Seems that you are the only sane one in the bunch.....lol.

No, that's not entirely true - we have fw now. She may be your match when it comes to being level headed and as W says she seems to have a firm handle on NOTHING. But she can't be the Kommander because her name doesn't begin with K.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow, that's impressive! What do you like to read, besides NOTHING of course?
I read everything including NOTHING.. I'll get on a Western kick and read everything from a single author. It took me awhile to get through William W. Johnstone. lol

I love military and spy novels. Have read everything by Tom Clancy, David Baldacci, Dale Brown, etc..

Love history. Read everything from James Michener.

Liked James Clavells books..

I'll even read an occasional fantasy/elf/magic book.. lol

I could go on and on and on.. I just really like reading. It's funny, you couldn't even get me to pick up a book when I was young.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
You would - lol. But that's only because you're so good at handling it. Me and Nucky, on the other hand, usually end up in NOTHING but trouble. And then there's W - he usually IS the rowdy NOTHING. What a crew! Seems that you are the only sane one in the bunch.....lol.

No, that's not entirely true - we have fw now. She may be your match when it comes to being level headed and as W says she seems to have a firm handle on NOTHING. But she can't be the Kommander because her name doesn't begin with K.
Me being the sane one in any group is NOTHING but funny.. The guys I served with would be laughing at you..

Old 06-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
I read everything including NOTHING.. I'll get on a Western kick and read everything from a single author. It took me awhile to get through William W. Johnstone. lol

I love military and spy novels. Have read everything by Tom Clancy, David Baldacci, Dale Brown, etc..

Love history. Read everything from James Michener.

Liked James Clavells books..

I'll even read an occasional fantasy/elf/magic book.. lol

I could go on and on and on.. I just really like reading. It's funny, you couldn't even get me to pick up a book when I was young.
Again, quite impressive. NOTHING like having a love of reading. I haven't done it for quite a long time, but sometimes I can get so engrossed in a book - the story line, characters, etc - that I can't put the book down. Now that's a good read. I still like NOTHING other than the book in my hands though.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Me being the sane one in any group is NOTHING but funny.. The guys I served with would be laughing at you..
I guess it goes to show just how dysfunctional we really are -

NOTHING wrong with that though - what fun is there in being sane anyway?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
I guess it goes to show just how dysfunctional we really are -

NOTHING wrong with that though - what fun is there in being sane anyway?
I'd like to think that we put the "Fun" in dysFUNctional..

NOTHING is the perfect place for it.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
It is more like 10:45 PM. I have a neighbor whose job is to check the doors of various businesses at a certain time on one of the squares. He said when the people are away the feral cats come out to play and not for NOTHING.

The movies get out later at Brownwood's Barnstorm Theater and at the Rialto on Spanish Springs. More people coming in from the Bushnell area, I guess. Movie Times and Movie Theaters in the+villages_fl - Local Showtimes - Fandango | Fandango

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.