The Thread About NOTHING

Old 06-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Oh well enough traveling down memory lane. Back to NOTHING. Everyone (W) behave today so our awesome den mother doesn't have to box your ears.
I better look up how to do that, or ask my husband. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't go to parochial schools around here. My dad did though. Maybe he decided to have some mercy on us kids. Or he learned how to instill fear on his own because all my mom had to do was say "wait 'til your dad comes home". That was all we needed to hear to straighten up.

So I did just look it up - here all along, I thought that was an Italian thing. Sorry to you Italians, but being married to a full blooded Italian and growing up in a town of majority Italian, that seemed like a common thing to them. Guess it really was because most were educated in parochial schools??

Anyway, neither here nor there, now I know what it is and how to do it. So today is Friday - TGIF - unless it's NOTHING but the day I have to box your ears.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I better look up how to do that, or ask my husband. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't go to parochial schools around here. My dad did though. Maybe he decided to have some mercy on us kids. Or he learned how to instill fear on his own because all my mom had to do was say "wait 'til your dad comes home". That was all we needed to hear to straighten up.

So I did just look it up - here all along, I thought that was an Italian thing. Sorry to you Italians, but being married to a full blooded Italian and growing up in a town of majority Italian, that seemed like a common thing to them. Guess it really was because most were educated in parochial schools??

Anyway, neither here nor there, now I know what it is and how to do it. So today is Friday - TGIF - unless it's NOTHING but the day I have to box your ears.
Thanks for the investigation there Den Mom. Did I ever mention that my Blood Type is RAGU?

Boxing The Ears....Very Good...Nothing but an old school saying. The world may be a better place if it was still going on. Box Away!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Looks like Dawn Wells did look at my link to one of Nucky's island stories on the NOTHING thread of Talk of the Villages.

Mary Ann might be around. Mary Ann Summers - Wikipedia Dawn Wells - Wikipedia
Old 06-29-2018, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Looks like Dawn Wells did look at my link to one of Nucky's island stories on the NOTHING thread of Talk of the Villages.

Mary Ann might be around. Mary Ann Summers - Wikipedia Dawn Wells - Wikipedia

How do you know she looked at it ? Could be NOTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

Mrs. K went to Catholic School. Me, I'm NOTHING but a product of the public school system. The mean streets.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage
Default The Thread About NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Thanks for the investigation there Den Mom. Did I ever mention that my Blood Type is RAGU?

Boxing The Ears....Very Good...Nothing but an old school saying. The world may be a better place if it was still going on. Box Away!

There would be more imbeciles in the world if ear boxing was still prevalent as it was in Victorian times. In the 1890’s scientists knew the lifelong physical effects this form of childhood punishment did to children. A smack with a 12” ruler is one thing, ear boxing caused deafness, inner ear abscesses, and brain damage. When properly done the ears are smacked with outstretched palms. The penguins had there own unique way, beginning with both hands clenched into a fist and outstretched arms, you were told to turn around. There you stood waiting for the ensuing impact. Sometimes it happened right away, other times they made you wait. Either way you knew it was coming. The impact felt like two hammer blows and the deafness and ringing lasted for hours. It was brutal, and they knew it. Only a sick demented mind would do this to little children. We never complained or cried or told our parents. I can’t imagine how brutal their own upbringing was for them to act in such a way. Did they all do it, no. In my case it was only two . NOTHING can justify this form of childhood abuse.
On a lighter note, TGIF to our working NOTHINGmates [emoji847]

Last edited by Wiotte; 06-29-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
How do you know she looked at it ? Could be NOTHING.

On Facebook there is a little check by private messages after the person written--Dawn Wells or one of her representatives-- looks at it.

I have contacted a lot of "celebrities" on Facebook over the years as well as before that via e-mail and by snail mail. And not for NOTHING. But in this case it is for Nucky's funny stories about Gilligan's Island, Mary Ann, the Professor, the Howells, and Ginger. As well as Gilligan and the Skipper.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-29-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:03 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Do you have some memory lane that you would like to share? I can't speak for the others but I'm sure everybody would not mind listening.

I think getting the ears boxed would be a real memory for those of us who were traumatized.

FW even though I was still asleep while reading the beginning of yesterdays outburst even I caught the first missed NOTHING. A rarity indeed.
Nope, I like to let sleeping dogs lie. I am always about the next great NOTHING adventure.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
5....6 NOTHING violations....

And not for NOTHING, but now you have one.

K will be so proud of me.......lol
Aw, nuts! NOTHING is more embarrassing.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Nope, I just got up. Damn, I was just going to rest for 10 minutes last night at about 7.30 and here I am behind the eight ball awake at midnight. I guess it was NOTHING but an Egg A Plant Coma. I had so much to do but I forgot there is always tomorrow.

This is for Wiotte, I understand your Pain. I took a beating, authorize and heard by my own ears from my Father to Sister Mary Elephant (God forgive me) but that was her nickname. She beat the stuffing out of me because she could never get a reaction out of me. It hurt like hell and I did deserve most of the beatings but looking back maybe a whimper here and there would have reduced the blows. Those Nuns in our School really had NOTHING but Love for us as the little Bastards we were. I think maybe they were really restrained a bit because I don't think I could take the same treatment I gave. No way. Anyway, here we are today. We made it to the First Promised Land and it might be in my case because of the fear those nuns instilled in me. I have no grudge or hard feelings Laddy Buck, after all, We Are All Just Another Brick In The Wall.

Its 1 am and I'm starving. Maybe that was some kind of Chinese/Italian food???? Not going to eat. A moment on the lips forever on the hips. I don't wanna get stuck in between the Golden Arches at Mc Donalds Again!
My parents sentenced me to Catholic school, too. Franciscan Sisters of Saint Joseph. I liked most of my nun teachers. In first grade, Sister Mary Chester was a bit strict. But, Sister Mary Henrietta (they all have Mary as their middle name) was NOTHING short of terrifying. Her particular favorite subject was penmanship, and mine was and is awful. One day, I put my homework notebook on her desk, and she said, "Henryk, I have a bone to pick with you." She started to approach me with the thingy she smacked us on the hand with. She got closer. Closer. Closer. I immediately and unwillingly engaged in athletic hurling and puked all over her. It was the last time she bothered me.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:27 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
My parents sentenced me to Catholic school, too. Franciscan Sisters of Saint Joseph. I liked most of my nun teachers. In first grade, Sister Mary Chester was a bit strict. But, Sister Mary Henrietta (they all have Mary as their middle name) was NOTHING short of terrifying. Her particular favorite subject was penmanship, and mine was and is awful. One day, I put my homework notebook on her desk, and she said, "Henryk, I have a bone to pick with you." She started to approach me with the thingy she smacked us on the hand with. She got closer. Closer. Closer. I immediately and unwillingly engaged in athletic hurling and puked all over her. It was the last time she bothered me.
I thought I was the only one who flunked Palmer Method. I never had nice handwriting and it has only gotten worse. Maybe I was meant to be a doctor and missed my call. I am NOTHING but impressed that you could remember their names.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I thought I was the only one who flunked Palmer Method. I never had nice handwriting and it has only gotten worse. Maybe I was meant to be a doctor and missed my call. I am NOTHING but impressed that you could remember their names.
I could name all of them. Including the friars in high school. It's only when it's important that I remember NOTHING.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
WOW - another NOTHING with a special talent - lol
Old 06-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
There would be more imbeciles in the world if ear boxing was still prevalent as it was in Victorian times. In the 1890’s scientists knew the lifelong physical effects this form of childhood punishment did to children. A smack with a 12” ruler is one thing, ear boxing caused deafness, inner ear abscesses, and brain damage. When properly done the ears are smacked with outstretched palms. The penguins had there own unique way, beginning with both hands clenched into a fist and outstretched arms, you were told to turn around. There you stood waiting for the ensuing impact. Sometimes it happened right away, other times they made you wait. Either way you knew it was coming. The impact felt like two hammer blows and the deafness and ringing lasted for hours. It was brutal, and they knew it. Only a sick demented mind would do this to little children. We never complained or cried or told our parents. I can’t imagine how brutal their own upbringing was for them to act in such a way. Did they all do it, no. In my case it was only two . NOTHING can justify this form of childhood abuse.
On a lighter note, TGIF to our working NOTHINGmates [emoji847]

I'm sorry if I poked fun at such a traumatic event. Ouch....that sounds horrible! Never heard my husband mention experiencing anything like that. On the other hand, I can imagine my father never telling us even if he did. Maybe that's why he kept us in public schools.

In the meantime, don't worry. I will come after you with NOTHING more than a ruler if you get out of line and I promise I won't even hit you, just put the fear of the Den mother in you.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

NOTHING has turned into a refuge for wayward Catholics.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.