The Thread About NOTHING

Old 07-01-2018, 06:35 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I may have no clue what that says but it was NOTHING but fun to read nonetheless.. lol
I understand Nucky speak. This is NOTHING but sad story about NUCKY trying to help a friend. I hope your friend can turn it around and be another successful NOTHING.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:41 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This needs a translator. Does anyone on NOTHING speak NUCKY?
Apparently this friend likes liquid lunches and breakfast and dinner and not just amaretto. Is there NOTHING else you need translated?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

It is a little dopey I must admit. I had been awake a long time. Thanks for the assist fw.

My new Apple does not help my typing skills or lack of skills. I just typed fw and it wrote few. Last night I wrote Henryk and it corrected me to Henry. Apple needs to learn Nucky Speak.

Don’t give up on me I’m still under NOTHING but construction. Today is gonna be great. Peace Out.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Apparently this friend likes liquid lunches and breakfast and dinner and not just amaretto. Is there NOTHING else you need translated?
Really a sad situation. Seems like only the miracle that few get can save this old buddy. NOTHING can stop him as of this moment. Thank God that’s over for me as of this moment.

He didn’t have a penny but found a way to start the party again already. He’s Rocking and Rolling again. NOTHING but sad.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:09 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Really a sad situation. Seems like only the miracle that few get can save this old buddy. NOTHING can stop him as of this moment. Thank God that’s over for me as of this moment.

He didn’t have a penny but found a way to start the party again already. He’s Rocking and Rolling again. NOTHING but sad.
We all know someone like that and we just continue to pray for NOTHING but a miracle for them because they need to want it.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It is a little dopey I must admit. I had been awake a long time. Thanks for the assist fw.

My new Apple does not help my typing skills or lack of skills. I just typed fw and it wrote few. Last night I wrote Henryk and it corrected me to Henry. Apple needs to learn Nucky Speak.

Don’t give up on me I’m still under NOTHING but construction. Today is gonna be great. Peace Out.
I understood it too, Nucky. Apparently the women on here are better at Nuck-lish than the men - lol. NOTHING dopey about it.

Miracles can happen to anyone at anytime, and most times when we least expect it. For some, the willingness to believe that it can happen to them just takes a little longer. I like how you put it - "NOTHING can stop him as of this moment". What a great attitude you have by adding the "as of this moment", and what a wonderful and caring friend you are. Don't give up on believing, just keep praying and I and I'm sure others will also be praying for your friend.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage

So Good Morning, everyone. It's Sunday and we've started the day off with prayer. NOTHING more appropriate.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
We all know someone like that and we just continue to pray for NOTHING but a miracle for them because they need to want it.
Lost younger brother to an addiction to Vodka about 3.5 years ago. Despite being a brilliant computer programmer he could not stop for long periods without the booze. Lost many great jobs and messed up two marriages. Sometimes there is NOTHING you can do.

I do not drink or seldom drink. Have not been drunk since partying with library MA candidates at the University of Denver in 1983-1984. Some librarians do like to party.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Lost younger brother to an addiction to Vodka about 3.5 years ago. Despite being a brilliant computer programmer he could not stop for long periods without the booze. Lost many great jobs and messed up two marriages. Sometimes there is NOTHING you can do.

I do not drink or seldom drink. Have not been drunk since partying with library MA candidates at the University of Denver in 1983-1984. Some librarians do like to party.
I had forgotten about that, Tal. I think you've mentioned it over the years here on TOTV. Obviously, he was quite young - so sad and I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been devastating to you and your family.

You are right about NOTHING anyone else can do and sadly the hopelessness that the individual feels often times overcomes them. Addictions come in many forms and some people seem to be more prone than others. The only way out is the desire for the addict to want out - even if it's only a mustard seed amount of desire -sometimes that's all you need for the miracle to begin. Thank God for the wonderful programs out there, free of charge, to support people who want to overcome their addictions. But again, they have to make the effort, no one can do it for them. It's a hard road - both for those afflicted and those who love them.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:

It's sad but sometimes people just won't allow us to help them.

I have a very good friend who after an amputation and a divorce fell into the bottle pretty hard. She managed to get things turned around and has been sober for two years now.

Last year her brother, an Air Force colonel, with a long history of drinking finally drank too much and ended up dying in the hospital after a painful two week fight. He left behind two sons and a wife. Even as he laid dying in that hospital he never really admitted that he had a problem. The closest he came was about two days before his death he told my friend "I guess I screwed up didn't I?"

Addiction is NOTHING but patient. It will wait for you as long as it needs to. I'm very lucky. By the grace of God I've been sober for 28 years. Mrs. K has heard stories about my drinking days and can't believe I'm the same person. Luckily she never got to see my drink.

On that note, everyone have a great day!

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
NOTHING but the truth there..

Hang in there Nucky. If and when your friend is ready he knows you'll be there to help.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:52 AM
fw102807

On a lighter note it is July 1st today and my dog's 9th birthday! NOTHING but treats for him today.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage

NOTHING is the best thread ever! I don't care what the naysayers have to say. Most do not hang around long enough to see that you can make NOTHING almost anything you want it to be. It is filled with caring people who over time become like family. Take it or leave it, but if you leave it, you may really be missing out on something.

In case I get demoted as Den mother maybe I can be the NOTHING cheerleader.

And btw, happy birthday to our NOTHING dog - woof, woof!
Old 07-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I had forgotten about that, Tal. I think you've mentioned it over the years here on TOTV. Obviously, he was quite young - so sad and I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been devastating to you and your family.

You are right about NOTHING anyone else can do and sadly the hopelessness that the individual feels often times overcomes them. Addictions come in many forms and some people seem to be more prone than others. The only way out is the desire for the addict to want out - even if it's only a mustard seed amount of desire -sometimes that's all you need for the miracle to begin. Thank God for the wonderful programs out there, free of charge, to support people who want to overcome their addictions. But again, they have to make the effort, no one can do it for them. It's a hard road - both for those afflicted and those who love them.
He certainly tried the programs but never gave them everything in the way of a commitment which does seem to be needed. His organs just could not take any more booze. He did get to the hospital front lawn. NOTHING could stop him from trying to save himself as far as his spirit was involved, but his body could not take any more.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 AM
fw102807

Quote:
He certainly tried the programs but never gave them everything in the way of a commitment which does seem to be needed. His organs just could not take any more booze. He did get to the hospital front lawn. NOTHING could stop him from trying to save himself as far as his spirit was involved, but his body could not take any more.
I know way more about addiction than I ever wanted to know and I think the programs are not enough. It is a disease just like diabetes or cancer but it is not given the same depth of treatment. Addicts are just treated and sent home with no follow up or long term plan. NOTHING is worse than watching someone go through this.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.