The Thread About NOTHING

Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Hi you bunch of beautiful NOTHINGS, sorry I’m late. I can relate with a whole lot of the posts today. I love fw’s pup and W’s pup didn’t eat a bone it looks like he smoked a Bone. Both dogs large and in charge.

Sorry about your Bro Tal. That’s a rough one. I just don’t know. There is plenty of pain to go around with addiction.

I’m a member of the Club on getting it correct the second time. I think I told you I just got a three years Marriage Contract Extension, With a Signing Bonus. Ooo La La.

Goodnight you all.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Sage

Nucky has spoken. NOTHINGVILLE is secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Sage

As of 00:15 EST

NOTHING up, NOTHING down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 AM
fw102807

Quiet night in NOTHING. Makes me wonder what's going on on the island. I heard a rumor that the boat ride at LSL has been closed due to Legionaires disease.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Quiet night in NOTHING. Makes me wonder what's going on on the island. I heard a rumor that the boat ride at LSL has been closed due to Legionaires disease.
The boat ride may have been closed, but there can often be a wild ride on NOTHING. We may have ended the night quietly (good to hear from Nucky and thanks W for always doing a perfect closing statement), but we had a wide range of topics going yesterday.

From addiction and prayer to dogs and marriages. Oh yeah, and my failed attempt to get interest in doing a TV show. Too bad, I was thinking of calling it "2 Jakes and Friends" or maybe "2 Jakes and Some People". Definitely not "The NOTHING Show" for fear of a lawsuit from the Seinfeld people. Hey, maybe that's who should be looking at this thread - c'mon Tal, get on it!

So Happy Monday, everyone. Another week upon us and here we are into the month of July. Every time I say I can't take another winter up north or even another year up here - poof, it's gone! - so why fret, just live well wherever you're planted.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Every time I say I can't take another winter up north or even another year up here - poof, it's gone! - so why fret, just live well wherever you're planted.
Are you NOTHING but crazy? The winters were so long I thought they would never end. I was definitely planted in the wrong place because I love the heat down here even in the summer.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Are you NOTHING but crazy? The winters were so long I thought they would never end. I was definitely planted in the wrong place because I love the heat down here even in the summer.
Haven't lost my mind quite yet, but a couple more years up here should do it. Then it won't matter where I'm at - lol.

In all seriousness, my intent was just in saying how fast time flies in general. Believe you me, one more winter up here and that's it. We're already planning our 3 month winter stay in TV for 2020. We'll see how that goes, then maybe the next year will be longer and the next even longer. If we weren't locked into our house here we would already be there full-time. It's a long story.......and I don't want to forget my NOTHING.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
I do not miss the Milwaukee, WI; Itasca, IL; and Minneapolis, MN, cold temperatures. Denver, CO could be cold one day and hot the next and Reno, Nevada was relatively mild in comparison like Rohnert Park, CA. Those desert nights in Apache Junction, AZ could be cold as those of Scottsdale, AZ.

Been in Florida now 22 years and a few days. 13 of these in the Villages.

I do not mind the heat here in FL not for NOTHING.

I do miss the mountains of CO, NV, and CA and the snow at times. Better to be inside a moving car or train or in a warm house or motel/hotel though at the snow.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:25 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not miss the Milwaukee, WI; Itasca, IL; and Minneapolis, MN, cold temperatures. Denver, CO could be cold one day and hot the next and Reno, Nevada was relatively mild in comparison like Rohnert Park, CA. Those desert nights in Apache Junction, AZ could be cold as those of Scottsdale, AZ.

Been in Florida now 22 years and a few days. 13 of these in the Villages.

I do not mind the heat here in FL not for NOTHING.

I do miss the mountains of CO, NV, and CA and the snow at times. Better to be inside a moving car or train or in a warm house or motel/hotel though at the snow.
I do miss the mountains, Florida is so flat but never the snow. I NEVER want to see that again. I NOTHING but hated it. Depressing, depressing, depressing for me. Cold, grey, dark...I never understood the people who found it beautiful. I wanted to hibernate until things turned green again.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hi you bunch of beautiful NOTHINGS, sorry I’m late. I can relate with a whole lot of the posts today. I love fw’s pup and W’s pup didn’t eat a bone it looks like he smoked a Bone. Both dogs large and in charge.

Sorry about your Bro Tal. That’s a rough one. I just don’t know. There is plenty of pain to go around with addiction.

I’m a member of the Club on getting it correct the second time. I think I told you I just got a three years Marriage Contract Extension, With a Signing Bonus. Ooo La La.

Goodnight you all.
Also lost a brother, Jim, of a sister-in-law a few months earlier in 2014. A paranoid schizophrenic who fell in love with guns and would not give them up so thrown out of the house by older brother. He was always too clever to say anything crazy enough to get him mental health treatment. After he killed himself, quite a long time later after the forced eviction, the cops got a look at his journals which showed just how troubled he was. My brother and sister-in-law saw these too. Guns and the mentally ill do not mix well but these are complicated issues. Too easy for enemies to use labels of mentally ill to get some kind of leverage or just win battles. Crooked timber of humanity and all that. Not a NOTHING quote from Immanuel Kant. Immanuel Kant - Wikiquote

Quote:
Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made.
The last quarter of 2014 was a very tough period for my older brother and his wife with the loss of both her only sibling and his youngest brother as well a few months apart. And both due to all consuming mental health and/or addiction problems. Jim was addicted to carrying those semi-automatic pistols around. My younger brother to alcoholism for decades.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-02-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:36 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Also lost a brother, Jim, of a sister-in-law a few months earlier in 2014. A paranoid schizophrenic who fell in love with guns and would not give them up so thrown out of the house by older brother. He was always too clever to say anything crazy enough to get him mental health treatment. After he killed himself the cops got a look at his journals which showed just how troubled he was. My brother and sister-in-law saw these too. Guns and the mentally ill do not mix well but these are complicated issues. Too easy for enemies to use labels of mentally ill to get some kind of leverage or just win battles. Crooked timber of humanity and all that. Not a NOTHING quote from Immanuel Kant. Immanuel Kant - Wikiquote
Mental illness is NOTHING but the worst curse. My sister's oldest child is bi-polar and it has been a horrible life sentence for her.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Mental illness is NOTHING but the worst curse. My sister's oldest child is bi-polar and it has been a horrible life sentence for her.
It can be quite a lot of work for other family members. But not for NOTHING. I am also not so sure that psychiatry is past its infancy so far. They know so little about the human mind. They can often address the symptoms of mental disease with chemicals but not get at the causes of this mental illness.

And there is also that political element of those with more power labeling undesirables as "mentally ill". That happens a lot in many parts of the world and especially over history.

The families though usually know a lot more about the behavior of other family members unless hidden like with my brother-in-law Jim. He was quite careful about whom he said stuff to in many settings.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:55 AM
fw102807

Quote:
It can be quite a lot of work for other family members. But not for NOTHING. I am also not so sure that psychiatry is past its infancy so far. They know so little about the human mind. They can often address the symptoms of mental disease with chemicals but not get at the causes of this mental illness.

And there is also that political element of those with more power labeling undesirables as "mentally ill". That happens a lot in many parts of the world and especially over history.

The families though usually know a lot more about the behavior of other family members unless hidden like with my brother-in-law Jim. He was quite careful about whom he said stuff to in many settings.
I personally believe that mental illness is more about the physical brain than the psych. I am NOTHING but convinced that much more research needs to be done on brain function. Many people who have been through similar trauma come out with entirely different outcomes simply because their brains are wired differently.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I personally believe that mental illness is more about the physical brain than the psych. I am NOTHING but convinced that much more research needs to be done on brain function. Many people who have been through similar trauma come out with entirely different outcomes simply because their brains are wired differently.
I agree. The Salk institute in California has done imaging that verified that many people with autism have a smaller part of the brain that controls social interaction and people with Williams Syndrome, known for their ease in talk and interaction have a larger than normal part that controls social interaction. Our daughter was part of that research led by Dr. Ursula Belugi, some years ago.

Nothing makes us happier than our sweet daughter.

That said, we may find out that talk therapy is not as effective for mental and emotional illness as it once was thought to be. I hope for new answers for this large group of heart breaking and misunderstood diagnoses.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Ok, so wrong genre.......how about drama? I can create a lot of that, especially if someone will pay me for it. How's that for NOTHING?
Think there is already too much drama on NOTHING. We need some comic relief.

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.
She asked, "What's on TV?"
I said, "Dust."

And then the fight started...

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.