The Thread About NOTHING

Old 07-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Kenswing, have you by chance ever missed a NOTHING and if so who busted yo butt on dis? Inquiring minds want to know. And the other day there was a reference to the first NOTHING thread. Anything to dat or is it NOTHING. Was this alive and disbanded?
If I have ever forgotten a NOTHING it has never been proven. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I doubt that it has. I've come close to missing a few times but was able to reach the edit button before anyone caught me.

The Original NOTHING thread was established in the Political Forum. It served a purpose there as this thread serves its purpose here.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Our closing up north fell through 3 times. When it finally closed we went to Arnold Palmer to celebrate and had a coupon for a free bottle of wine. It had the Arnold Palmer label on it so we brought it home and dated and now proudly display it. Most of the time we have chateau whatever comes out of a box. I am NOTHING but cheap.
I admire that in a woman.. lol I mean that with NOTHING but the utmost respect..

Old 07-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Our closing up north fell through 3 times. When it finally closed we went to Arnold Palmer to celebrate and had a coupon for a free bottle of wine. It had the Arnold Palmer label on it so we brought it home and dated and now proudly display it. Most of the time we have chateau whatever comes out of a box. I am NOTHING but cheap.
Join the club......NOTHING but cheap NOTHINGS here too. Or if not that, the deal of the century. My husband is a researcher and negotiator. Not the hard nose kind, but the kind where they end up liking him so much he ends up getting more than he asked for. He actually has people ask him to go with them when they purchase stuff.

When my son was little, while I was busy reading him the usual children's stories, not so my husband. For Christmas one year my mother bought my husband the book "The Art of the Deal" which everyone is certainly aware of now, if they weren't before. So, killing 2 birds with one stone, my husband read it to my son. As a toddler my husband was teaching him about earning interest and at 4 years old my son asked Santa for a MAC card (now ATM, of course) for Christmas. At the age of 12, my husband took my son to a flea market and let him set up a table to sell his "wares". Some Jersey people will be familiar with it, the big one in Berlin, NJ. After that, my son took off, negotiating everything even grades at school. It all paid off though especially with the uncertainty of the job market for these millenials because he already pretty much has his retirement package in hand with his investments in real estate.

You can see I had NOTHING to do with any of that. Maybe there was something I added to his upbringing......
Old 07-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I admire that in a woman.. lol I mean that with NOTHING but the utmost respect..
Slow sometimes as I can be, I had to read that a few times to get the joke part......NOTHING but funny.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:51 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Slow sometimes as I can be, I had to read that a few times to get the joke part......NOTHING but funny.
Yes cheap probably wasn't the best choice of words. I NOTHING but left myself open for that one. K doesn't miss much.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes cheap probably wasn't the best choice of words. I NOTHING but left myself open for that one. K doesn't miss much.
You can say that again. No one gets away with NOTHING around here. And don't think you can when he goes on vacation either. I'm telling you, he has NOTHING radar.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
You can say that again. No one gets away with NOTHING around here. And don't think you can when he goes on vacation either. I'm telling you, he has NOTHING radar.
My employees say NOTHING but the same thing.. lol

I learned long ago that people do what you inspect not what you expect. Although I really do have a great bunch of guys. They know I'm always watching..

Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Sage

So what's everyone doing on Independence Day and don't say NOTHING. I'm hoping to stop by my husband's cousin's house on the way to the airport. She always has a party there because you can see the fireworks from her back yard. Obviously I won't be there for that but maybe I'll catch a few from the sky on my way to TV.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:35 PM
fw102807

Quote:
So what's everyone doing on Independence Day and don't say NOTHING. I'm hoping to stop by my husband's cousin's house on the way to the airport. She always has a party there because you can see the fireworks from her back yard. Obviously I won't be there for that but maybe I'll catch a few from the sky on my way to TV.
NOTHING but fun. We are having a neighborhood party.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Sage

The usual. Early in the morning I hide the Fourth of July Red, White and Blue hard boiled eggs. And then after the fireworks I look for them. Sometimes I find them all, sometimes nothing. After a couple of days with the AC off they get easy to find.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Steaks, corn on the cob, asparagus on the grill. Peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.. NOTHING but relaxing up until then..

Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The usual. Early in the morning I hide the Fourth of July Red, White and Blue hard boiled eggs. And then after the fireworks I look for them. Sometimes I find them all, sometimes nothing. After a couple of days with the AC off they get easy to find.
NOTHING like conflating 2 holidays into 1......lol

I guess I won't be stopping by your place on my visit to TV.......at least not if you still have missing eggs, let alone missing a few marbles.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Steaks, corn on the cob, asparagus on the grill. Peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.. NOTHING but relaxing up until then..
You and your delicious meals........NOTHING but jealous.

Better than tomwed's stinky eggs. That guy cracks me up!
Old 07-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Sage
Default The Thread About NOTHING

The Villages Florida

NOTHING’s gonna stop us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I have observed and done NOTHING today and I have an alibi.

Bury a couple of those eggs. They turn Black and taste like it sounds but I think it’s a delicacy in S Korea. Thousand year eggs! Yuck!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.