The Thread About NOTHING

Old 07-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

I monitor this site during the summer to see if we're getting any lightning over our fire area. Real-Time Lightning Map :: LightningMaps.org

I often check on the Villages to see how bad you guys are getting hit.. NOTHING but active this time of year..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-15-2018, 05:29 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
My idea of a good day shopping is to click on the Amazon icon.. lol You and Mrs. K will definitely get along though. She can shop all day and not buy NOTHING. Is that really shopping?

This is definitely the most beautiful place we have ever lived. It's just that the winters seem to be getting longer, wetter and colder. When we go to FL, Mrs. K. doesn't ache..lol Also we live on just under 5 acres. I'm getting pretty disinterested in maintaining it now. In five years I know I'll be done.
Yes NOTHING is frequently what I end up with when I go shopping, unless I have something specific that I need.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
My idea of a good day shopping is to click on the Amazon icon.. lol You and Mrs. K will definitely get along though. She can shop all day and not buy NOTHING. Is that really shopping?

This is definitely the most beautiful place we have ever lived. It's just that the winters seem to be getting longer, wetter and colder. When we go to FL, Mrs. K. doesn't ache..lol Also we live on just under 5 acres. I'm getting pretty disinterested in maintaining it now. In five years I know I'll be done.
NOTHING but a good thing to be planning ahead. My husband who is probably about 5 years older than you is finally admitting to the difficulty of maintaining what we have up north. I'm not certain how things will turn out for us but I sure hope we get here before you do!
Old 07-15-2018, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Funny thing is that it absolutely poured at LSL but when we got home 3 miles away it had not even rained. We were NOTHING but surprised
That is NOTHING but strange. We were in Fenney when we were told it had downpoured there. Wonder what happened in the different areas between LSL and Fenney. Now I know why my cousin always has multiple umbrellas in the car at all times!

Quote:
Yes NOTHING is frequently what I end up with when I go shopping, unless I have something specific that I need.
It looks as if me, you, and Mrs K would make NOTHING but great shopping buddies then. But keeping in line with spending someone else's money, I'll buy you lunch, you buy Mrs K's lunch, and Mrs K can buy me lunch. Of course, we'll all order the same thing......lol

Last edited by Abby10; 07-15-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The smell of the rain in The Villages is spectacularly fresh and clean. It took a moment to get accustomed to the lightening. It is something you must experience. It is relatively mild in N.J. compared to our new home.

It’s really amazing that after 21 or 22 houses, condos and town houses in Jersey that we both have become so attached to our manufactured home. Everything about it is great. For most of our lives we never really got settled. I was always with my foot on the gas pedal ready to move again. It’s happening again now and I’m doing my best to fight the feeling to go, go, go. It’s time to NOTHING but surrender. But maybe after one more deal.

For yous guys Mrs Abby either way you go is cool. We were pretty serious about Fenney six months ago. Staying put is the best way to go for us at this moment but you never know!! You are putting in your investigative work now. It will pay off if you decide to change houses in TV’S.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage

Just grilled some of the halibut my buddy brought back from Alaska. NOTHING but out of this world..

Old 07-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just grilled some of the halibut my buddy brought back from Alaska. NOTHING but out of this world..
Do NOTHING but enjoy every seafood meal you have where you are. Mark my words. You’re gonna miss it badly .
Old 07-15-2018, 07:58 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Now I am NOTHING but jealous although I tried a recipe that tomwed posted for wontons and they were really good too.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Do NOTHING but enjoy every seafood meal you have where you are. Mark my words. You’re gonna miss it badly .
There's always Guy Fieri's..

I also like swordfish. There has to be a place there where it's NOTHING but available? Doesn't have to be a restaurant. A fish market or grocery store will do..

Has Five Guys Burgers made it to the Villages yet? I know it's too much to hope for an In-N-Out Burger..

Old 07-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Now I am NOTHING but jealous although I tried a recipe that tomwed posted for wontons and they were really good too.
They weren't made with tilapia were they? lol

My buddy also brought me two huge salmon filets but I found myself without a cedar plank.. That's NOTHING that happens often. So next weekend will be cedar planked salmon.. Book your flights now..

Old 07-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Aw shucks mam, tweren't nothing at all.

What were your ingredients?

With leftovers I make my own version of pho.
Get the best chicken broth they sell. Make spaghetti or any of the other long noodles on the side. Boil veggies, fish or chicken in the broth until all is cooked. If you know the chicken will take longest and spinach or shrimp will be shortest to cook add the ingredients with that in mind.

add the cooked pasta and enjoy
Old 07-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=tomwed;1562767]Aw shucks mam, tweren't nothing at all.

Get the best chicken broth they sell. Make spaghetti or any of the other long noodles on the side. Boil veggies, fish or chicken in the broth until all is cooked. If you know the chicken will take longest and spinach or shrimp will be shortest to cook add the ingredients with that in mind.

add the cooked pasta and enjoy[/

Your recipe for Jersey Pheasant Soup should win an award. For you there was NOTHING to it.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:20 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Aw shucks mam, tweren't nothing at all.

add the cooked pasta and enjoy
Not for NOTHING but you are such a good cook. You should start a cooking class at one of the rec centers.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:21 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You forgot one important ingredient. A NOTHING violation.
The little nothings are hard to see
Old 07-15-2018, 08:22 PM
Sage

tomwed you’ve been putting recipes on here that are famous all over our world. Do you have a recipe for Peace On Earth?

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.