The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The only thing worse than hating your job is knowing you're going to lose the NOTHING bet.
Oh, you are NOTHING but funny. Again, keep dreaming, buster....
Old 08-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Maybe Mr Abby10 was married 9 times before to an Abby.

or maybe that's just nothing to think about.
Here is how tired I am......I just figured out the Abby 1-9 discussion.....Abby10......duh! If I had an answer for the 10, I'd tell you, but I got NOTHING.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:30 PM
fw102807

Another NOTHING reporting for duty. It's going to have to be Abby11 now that Abby10 took down the site.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Another NOTHING reporting for duty. It's going to have to be Abby11 now that Abby10 took down the site.
Glad to see you back. I thought you were NOTHING but leaving me to the wolves here.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:39 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Glad to see you back. I thought you were NOTHING but leaving me to the wolves here.
Nope NOTHING but busy having fun.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:44 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Oh, you are NOTHING but funny. Again, keep dreaming, buster....
You know... I don't know if anyone told you this but we have pharmacies down here. Not for NOTHING...just sayin...
Old 08-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
You know... I don't know if anyone told you this but we have pharmacies down here. Not for NOTHING...just sayin...
Already checked into that several years back and hubby and I both decided NOTHING doing. First of all, I refuse to pay out any more money to relicense in another state.......it's a racket. Secondly between the number of seniors on meds in Florida and the opioid situation in the surrounding area it would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Realistically, I should have stayed in hospital pharmacy which I did my first 15 to 20 years before leaving to help out my husband with the business he was running at the time. Working retail pharmacy is an early burn-out job. I'm still able to do it because I'm in good health but I've seen pharmacists in their 40's already in poor health from the long work hours with no breaks to eat or even go to the bathroom. Between poor eating habits which develop as a result, standing on your feet 10-12 hours a day, and just the overall stress level of the job it is not unusual to have failing health at a much younger age than normal. This is the biggest reason my husband pretty much left the profession before he was even 55 and I've decided on a cut off date myself. Not worth sacrificing your health.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:27 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Already checked into that several years back and hubby and I both decided NOTHING doing. First of all, I refuse to pay out any more money to relicense in another state.......it's a racket. Secondly between the number of seniors on meds in Florida and the opioid situation in the surrounding area it would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Realistically, I should have stayed in hospital pharmacy which I did my first 15 to 20 years before leaving to help out my husband with the business he was running at the time. Working retail pharmacy is an early burn-out job. I'm still able to do it because I'm in good health but I've seen pharmacists in their 40's already in poor health from the long work hours with no breaks to eat or even go to the bathroom. Between poor eating habits which develop as a result, standing on your feet 10-12 hours a day, and just the overall stress level of the job it is not unusual to have failing health at a much younger age than normal. This is the biggest reason my husband pretty much left the profession before he was even 55 and I've decided on a cut off date myself. Not worth sacrificing your health.
So many high stress jobs. Stress is NOTHING but a killer.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

What about NOTHING more than Mother’s Little Helpers? I truly feel bad for the pharmacist’s around here, they do take a beating. I hope we never have to change from the Publix Pharmacy we have come to love. They are fine people and are managed properly.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What about NOTHING more than Mother’s Little Helpers? I truly feel bad for the pharmacist’s around here, they do take a beating. I hope we never have to change from the Publix Pharmacy we have come to love. They are fine people and are managed properly.
I agree with you about Publix. That's probably the pharmacy we will use when we move down. That company seems to be NOTHING but a fine operation all the way around.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
NOTHING has ever been spoken that is more on the money than stress being a killer. How about working 12 hours a day and being on call the other 12. Nextel two way radio on the nightstand. Pure hell. No thanks. No job is worth going down the drain.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Truer words never spoken. I've seen too many die from what I would consider stress related diseases. NOTHING but sad.

Speaking of stress, where the heck is K? He seems to enjoy hit and runs these days......
Old 08-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING has ever been spoken that is more on the money than stress being a killer. How about working 12 hours a day and being on call the other 12. Nextel two way radio on the nightstand. Pure hell. No thanks. No job is worth going down the drain.
Yep, there's all kinds of stress in different jobs. And having your own business can have it's pluses, but not without stress either. As you said, often times NOTHING but a 24/7 operation.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Truer words never spoken. I've seen too many die from what I would consider stress related diseases. NOTHING but sad.

Speaking of stress, where the heck is K? He seems to enjoy hit and runs these days......
NOTHING but have to agree with everyone about stress. Before we moved up to Washington I was working for a start up in the bay area. I was working crazy hours trying to help get the company off the ground. I was often working 7 days a week, well over 90 hours. I was young-ish. Thought I could do anything. When my blood pressure went to 210/120 Mrs. K pulled the plug on me and we moved north.

Even though I can sill let myself get wound up in the job I have learned to delegate more. I've also taken up the philosophy of Working to live, not living to work..

As Mrs. K says.. "You'll never enjoy retirement if you're dead".

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING but have to agree with everyone about stress. Before we moved up to Washington I was working for a start up in the bay area. I was working crazy hours trying to help get the company off the ground. I was often working 7 days a week, well over 90 hours. I was young-ish. Thought I could do anything. When my blood pressure went to 210/120 Mrs. K pulled the plug on me and we moved north.

Even though I can sill let myself get wound up in the job I have learned to delegate more. I've also taken up the philosophy of Working to live, not living to work..

As Mrs. K says.. "You'll never enjoy retirement if you're dead".
That's exactly what happened to my husband. His BP was going through the roof and I kept telling him he had to make a change. He finally did, but it wasn't until he fully retired that his health pretty much returned back to normal. Odd as it might sound, trying to get him to take medicine is NOTHING but difficult so quitting and making lifestyle changes was pretty much his only other option.

I'm like Nucky, I don't get high BP, I give it. Where my husband would hold everything in, I wouldn't. I try to release my stress in mostly in good ways, unfortunately sometimes not. I try not to hurt anybody in the process.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.