The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Does anyone else have a nothing story from the past to share?
This comes to mind.
I stood a good part of the day behind a charge out desk with the librarian in a library. I fixed computers and she did the book stuff. Teachers brought their classes to the library and came to the desk sometimes just to vent while the kids were online doing research. In the building we had drop ceilings and maintenance gave me an extra ac vent they had. So when a teacher came up and started the conversation with "I can't believe it, do you know what just happened to me?" I would stop them---put the ac vent on the charge out desk and ask them if they would like to vent.

lot's of laughing---
Tomwed, sometimes you are NOTHING but downright corny.....lol
Old 08-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

We got chased off the mountain today. For some reason this is the highest priority fire in the country right now so we have plenty of resources. We had enough available air tankers to lay down a six mile long line of retardant. Pretty impressive.

For you math wizards. How hot is the inside of a porta potty when it’s 105 out? NOTHING but hot that’s how hot.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We got chased off the mountain today. For some reason this is the highest priority fire in the country right now so we have plenty of resources. We had enough available air tankers to lay down a six mile long line of retardant. Pretty impressive.

For you math wizards. How hot is the inside of a porta potty when it’s 105 out? NOTHING but hot that’s how hot.
Now I feel NOTHING but ashamed of myself for complaining that it was too hot in the pharmacy today......
Old 08-09-2018, 02:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
You have NOTHING but friends to visit there......hmmm?
Doesn’t every NOTHING have a parole officer and a friend in the joint? I got a laugh when people used the proximity of Coleman to all of the new areas as a problem.

I miss my Cart! That was my point.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 AM
fw102807

Quote:

I got my first idea just how hot it is on the Disney backlot studio ride that showed the special effects ride that went by fire. My husband said multiply that by 10 and picture standing in it for hours. NOTHING I could have done. Stay safe K we are keeping the light on for you.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Doesn’t every NOTHING have a parole officer and a friend in the joint? I got a laugh when people used the proximity of Coleman to all of the new areas as a problem.

I miss my Cart! That was my point.
No worries, Nuckster, I got what you were laying down there. As usual, I was just joshing you. I know how much you love those cart rides, and swimming in those TV pools, and everything about TV life. It's all so easy to love!

And I agree with you about Coleman and the new areas. NOTHING to worry about. I've lived within a mile of a large county prison for 32 years now, no problem. If someone ever does break out, they aren't going to stick around close to the area. After all, they don't call it "on the run" for NOTHING!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:45 AM
Sage

110 predicted for today. I’m going to NOTHING but melt. See you guys tonight.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I got my first idea just how hot it is on the Disney backlot studio ride that showed the special effects ride that went by fire. My husband said multiply that by 10 and picture standing in it for hours. NOTHING I could have done. Stay safe K we are keeping the light on for you.
Ouch that is NOTHING but HOT. No complaining from me the rest of the summer. Any time I get the urge to do so, I'll just think of K out there and humble myself.

I was watching some video last night and viewing some pictures of the area where K is stationed. I really need to be careful about what I do right before going to bed at night. I had a dream that my husband and I were out hiking on a mountain and suddenly right ahead of us was a raging fire. My beautiful, calm dream turned into a run for your life nightmare.

Anyway, it's Thursday, August 9th......have a good one everyone!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
110 predicted for today. I’m going to NOTHING but melt. See you guys tonight.
PLEASE......if you remember NOTHING else drink, drink, drink.

But most importantly, be safe and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
PLEASE......if you remember NOTHING else drink, drink, drink.

But most importantly, be safe and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Yes Mother. lol

It’s NOTHING but nice to log on here and see people care. You get kind of disconnected from reality out here.

Thanks you guys for keeping the home fires (pun intended) burning. It means a lot.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Sage

That's because YOU mean a lot. Without you, we would have NOTHING.

Last edited by Abby10; 08-09-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: emoji came out all wrong!
Old 08-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Sage

Or not have NOTHING.......well, you know what I mean.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Sage

NOTHING but great to have a good, trusted friend stop by to pick you up when you're going through difficult times.

So what's going on today with the rest of you? Obviously more than NOTHING......please share, for those of us not so fortunate to be in TV yet.

Funny stories, funny stories......I'm still trying to come up with one, tomwed. The funny part of my brain seems to be on vacation as of late, but I'll keep working on it. NOTHING like a good hardy laugh.

4 NOTHINGS - one post. Am I exempt for the rest of the day?
Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
NOTHING but great to have a good, trusted friend stop by to pick you up when you're going through difficult times.

So what's going on today with the rest of you? Obviously more than NOTHING......please share, for those of us not so fortunate to be in TV yet.

Funny stories, funny stories......I'm still trying to come up with one, tomwed. The funny part of my brain seems to be on vacation as of late, but I'll keep working on it. NOTHING like a good hardy laugh.

4 NOTHINGS - one post. Am I exempt for the rest of the day?
Grandson 7 years old just told me a yoke. NOTHING. What nationality are you when it’s #1 in the toilet?

Your a peeing. = European. Cute kid.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:26 PM
fw102807

OK here's a NOTHING story. We had a friend here who watched the house for us until we were ready to move. We drove for 2 days straight because we had 2 big dogs and even the "pet friendly" hotels had restrictions on how many and how big your pets were. We got here about 11:30 at night but the realtor misunderstood the day we were arriving and had not dropped off the key. We called our friend and he and his wife came over with a key and 2 bottles of wine and 4 glasses and that was our welcome to The Villages. We used an air mattress for the night and our furniture arrived the next day.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.