The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Just saw this and had to share but have just NOTHING to say.

'Gilligan's Island' star Tina Louise, 84, steps out looking stunning: pics
Thank God you reminded me about Mary Ann. The pictures of Ginger have me NOTHING but Verklempt! I think they just snagged her off the island, how hard could it have been to help Mary Ann.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You know NOTHING? You sound like yous from J.C. I worked just off exit 14B. It’s really lovely this time of the year with the water smelling like Red Tide, The Colr of the air is appealing there also, an unusual shade of orange.

That’s a great fix Your Nana came up with. Mine would put Vick’s Vaporub on a spoon and shovel it in my mouth....Aah the good old days.

We were originally from South Orange but ended up in Florham Park and were accused by Nana of kid napping her and bringing her to The Country.
I went to an all boys Catholic HS in Jersey City which explains a lot. It was a commute from Secaucus, a town most notable for pig farming. Secaucus was the suburbs and we lived across the street from a fancy park that was once the meadow-lands, nothing to look at back then. Today they would call it a premium lot.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

So here's my NOTHING story -

Today I received a NOTHING manifesto red alert. The keeper of the manifesto has warned me that as a founding member I am in serious violation by thinking I could arbitrarily take a break. Apparently for the 4 founding members at least (and maybe you too, Nucky, I'm not sure) only a 24 hour break from NOTHING is allowed unless one of the following exists -

- your situation is considered a dire emergency
- you have the unanimous approval of all of the founding members
- you are involuntarily exiled to the NOTHING island

Since I do not meet any of these requirements my aforementioned break from NOTHING has been denied and it looks like you all are stuck with me. And since NOTHING does really mean a lot to me I guess it's not such a bad thing to be stuck in NOTHINGVILLE after all.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Sage

As usual I am not catching on. How can I help? If I post a daily nothing story does that keep the ball rolling in case others can't contribute for any reason. I know someone who told me they have stories too. Quite frankly I think we all have a book in us that we want to share with the little ones in our life but it's a daunting task. A little story that takes a little time is a pretty good compromise. You don't need to knock it out of the park and it's OK if no one reads it. I think it's a good for the brain.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

Today I received a NOTHING manifesto red alert. The keeper of the manifesto has warned me that as a founding member I am in serious violation by thinking I could arbitrarily take a break. Apparently for the 4 founding members at least (and maybe you too, Nucky, I'm not sure) only a 24 hour break from NOTHING is allowed unless one of the following exists -

Since I do not meet any of these requirements my aforementioned break from NOTHING has been denied and it looks like you all are stuck with me. And since NOTHING does really mean a lot to me I guess it's not such a bad thing to be stuck in NOTHINGVILLE after all.
I hereby second that NOTHING commotion and make a motion to allow our other founder to come back. Come on, it was just a small misunderstanding I'm sure. Nobody even remembers what the NOTHING happened. W, Come Back, Come Back Whoever You Are!
Old 08-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
As usual I am not catching on. How can I help? If I post a daily nothing story does that keep the ball rolling in case others can't contribute for any reason. I know someone who told me they have stories too. Quite frankly I think we all have a book in us that we want to share with the little ones in our life but it's a daunting task. A little story that takes a little time is a pretty good compromise. You don't need to knock it out of the park and it's OK if no one reads it. I think it's a good for the brain.
Are you talking to me? Now I'm NOTHING but not catching on. Excuse my slowness but I just got home from a 10 hour workday. What are you not catching on to? I can see this turning into a "who's on first?" story between us......
Old 08-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Sage

Tomwed, maybe you'd like to hear a short history of NOTHING?
Old 08-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I hereby second that NOTHING commotion and make a motion to allow our other founder to come back. Come on, it was just a small misunderstanding I'm sure. Nobody even remembers what the NOTHING happened. W, Come Back, Come Back Whoever You Are!
Unfortunately, I think it would be best for us to meet up with that NOTHING on the island rather than bring him here. As much as I would like that, it may not go well.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage

Tomwed, ask me a question, any question, as long as it's about NOTHING. Mainly because I don't know much else....
Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Tomwed, maybe you'd like to hear a short history of NOTHING?
A short history of nothing sounds interesting.

Last edited by tomwed; 08-15-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
A short history of nothing sounds interesting.
Great! At least it will help me stay awake until the Kommander gets here. So NOTHING really had it's origins in the recently closed political forum. It started out with 4 of us - the Kommander, the creator of NOTHING, W, the keeper of the manifesto, Big Al, the enforcer, and me, the lone female thrown in probably for no other reason than they needed someone to pick on. Nucky also poked his head in shortly after that so he could be considered founding member #5.

We came to learn many things in the original NOTHINGVILLE. Most importantly that people with different political leanings really could get along. And that people from the west coast really could understand people from the east coast - well, sort of. We had a lot of fun bantering back and forth and sharing small bits of our lives along the way. It didn't take all that long to build a real sense of comradery and we began calling ourselves brothers and sister. We were like family.

Then there was a panic when we heard the plug was going to be pulled on the political forum. So our Kommander, being the fearless leader that he is, once again took charge and moved NOTHINGVILLE to the regular forum and here we are.

Unfortunately, we have lost 2 of our founding members throughout the transition who have been exiled to the island. The island is Gilligan's, where Mary Ann is. The 2 lost members had been fighting over her for some time so who knows what has been going on there since their arrival. Not K though - he couldn't care less about Mary Ann.

So consider this a start, tomwed. I'll try to add more details along the way. And if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask. After all, NOTHING is my favorite subject.

Last edited by Abby10; 08-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:

NOTHING but the truth.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Sage

Thank-you. I'm still confused. I'll try to understand the origin of nothing in the morning. Everyone take care of you and your's.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Thank-you. I'm still confused. I'll try to understand the origin of nothing in the morning. Everyone take care of you and your's.
NOTHING is easy to understand.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING but the truth.
Glad to see you back safe and sound. So what happened on the mountain today? I'm sure it was more than NOTHING.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.