The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-20-2018, 08:15 AM
Sage

Since we have a pharmacist online, I have a question. I bought some metal bar stools with wooden seats and boy oh boy are they uncomfortable. I can't sew so I can't make cushions. I can't afford a professional. And the likelihood of finding a cushion that's the right color and fits is rather remote. So last night before the movie I was in Walgreens, looking for nothing in particular, killing time and I saw a bottle of stool softeners and took them before I went to bed but so far the bar stools are no softer. How long does it take to work?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I hate typing on a smart phone, apple or android. Does anyone use a talk to text app they would recommend? I could look online, and an anonymous review is better then nothing, maybe, but what is best is a review from someone you know who uses a talk to text app that woks with TOTV all the time.

In fact if I was a moderator----I would jump in this conversation too. That convenience would encourage growth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I have visual text messaging on my phone and some of the messages are NOTHING short of hilarious, kind of like that old game Mad Libs.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, fw. Be careful what you wish for, tomwed. Just make sure you review your post before submitting it or it could be NOTHING but embarassing - lol - or maybe it will end up being NOTHING but punny!

Anyway, maybe somebody new to NOTHING will chime in here with an answer. It may be a good solution to K's "my fingers are too big" dilemma as well.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:16 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Good for her. It's not always easy to make a move when you don't feel 100% but it can often be the best thing. It's a shame she didn't pick TV, but now you have different places to visit one another and have NOTHING but fun together in the process.
Yes, Arizona is a place I enjoy visiting. They have the best cactus there, the Saguaro, it is one of the only places that it will grow and it only grows in the southern portion of the state. I am NOTHING but happy for her.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 AM
fw102807

Quote:
NOTHING but punny!
good one! NOTHING
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Since we have a pharmacist online, I have a question. I bought some metal bar stools with wooden seats and boy oh boy are they uncomfortable. I can't sew so I can't make cushions. I can't afford a professional. And the likelihood of finding a cushion that's the right color and fits is rather remote. So last night before the movie I was in Walgreens, looking for nothing in particular, killing time and I saw a bottle of stool softeners and took them before I went to bed but so far the bar stools are no softer. How long does it take to work?
OMG, that is the most hilarious pharmacy joke I have ever heard! This is NOTHING but getting printed and posted in my pharmacy today.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:21 AM
fw102807

Quote:
This is NOTHING but hilarious also
Old 08-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage

Tomwed, the sad thing is I'm surprised we have not heard something like that before, and not as a joke but for real! We get the craziest things sometimes. A pharmacy technician I once worked with typed out really specific directions on an Rx label about inserting a suppository, right down to unwrapping it first, and so on. I asked her, "Why so much detail?" She responded, "Because I had a patient try to eat one once, wrapper and all."

Oh my, I let the directions go through as typed because I had NOTHING left to say. Sometimes I guess it's better to have too much information than not enough.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Anyway, maybe somebody new to NOTHING will chime in here with an answer. It may be a good solution to K's "my fingers are too big" dilemma as well.
That's what I was thinking about.

There has to be some kind of voice control software. Something as easy as "Hey phone, open talk of the villages go to new posts and go to talk about nothing and read me the last post."

And the phone does that and then you say, "hey phone, enter the following in Reply to Thread: "I'm on the way home, order me a pizza with nothing on it. And send another one with the works to Tom's house."
Old 08-20-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
OMG, that is the most hilarious pharmacy joke I have ever heard! This is NOTHING but getting printed and posted in my pharmacy today.
That's flattering. I had a family of 8 [6 kids over 12 years] on my golf team. They were all good and the youngest was a girl who was better then most of the girls in the county. The first time she got in the paper she was most proud of finally making it on her grandmothers refrigerator. All those years of big brothers and sisters making the refrigerator and she had nothing until then.
I believe the refrigerator is the Trophy Room for most folks for the last 3 generations.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:

There has to be some kind of voice control software. Something as easy as "Hey phone, open talk of the villages go to new posts and go to talk about nothing and read me the last post."

And the phone does that and then you say, "hey phone, enter the following in Reply to Thread: "I'm on the way home, order me a pizza with nothing on it. And send another one with the works to Tom's house."
Nice try, Tom, but you may end up with NOTHING - lol.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 AM
fw102807

Quote:

I was reading how George Orwell's book 1984 has been NOTHING but surging in popularity lately. I have worked in Technology for most of my life but it now scares me. People are providing all of their information online, have devices that are listening and watching all the time and even sending away samples of their DNA to strangers.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Nice try, Tom, but you may end up with NOTHING - lol.
I had to squeeze the word nothing in the post. Putting silliness aside I think there is voice control with smart phone. Like that thing Amazon sells for your at home network.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
I had to squeeze the word nothing in the post. Putting silliness aside I think there is voice control with smart phone. Like that thing Amazon sells for your at home network.
I will have to ask my husband about it. He is not a tech wiz but does keep up on a lot of that stuff.

I'd ask him now but he's NOTHING but sleeping.......again! He tells me I'm just jealous because I'm not as good in bed as he is - he's very punny too.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Punny NOTHING stuff and I’m not blowing the whistle on any Violation.

When my oldest son purchased his first house they were freshening up the landscaping in the front of the house. When we arrived there were four bags of bulbs that were empty except for one single bulb. When they were taking a much needed break I asked which direction was the cone end buried? Skywards or towards the ground? They said towards the ground, I said then you will never see them bloom. I took a Dunkin Donuts run for them and when I got back they were digging the bulbs up and pointing them towards the sky. There was a major fight while I was gone each accusing the other of being an idiot for not knowing NOTHING about gardening. I never told them until the flowers bloomed the next year. They lived to get even, not yet I say!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I was reading how George Orwell's book 1984 has been NOTHING but surging in popularity lately. I have worked in Technology for most of my life but it now scares me. People are providing all of their information online, have devices that are listening and watching all the time and even sending away samples of their DNA to strangers.
I was listening to a tech radio talk show last night. They make a smart phone case for $900 that can sense a firearm 130 feet away. That's nothing I want to buy or even think about.
1984 and Brave New World, but not 2001 were Science Fiction reading assignments in English class in High School or was it Grammar school, not sure. Now it's history.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.