The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-24-2018, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I can totally understand since I find I try to measure my words carefully and often hope they do not get misinterpreted. Those in NOTHING are very kind and understanding but not so much on other threads.
You are so right, fw. I think it's because in NOTHING we have developed relationships with those who have stuck with it. Even those who don't frequent NOTHINGVILLE as often are like family who we are happy to see when they stop by.

Although it is called NOTHING, and I'm certain many people feel it is just that, it really is so much more. It is a judgment-free, safe, hopefully feel good zone for those who want to have fun and/or share whatever is on their mind. In the process, bonds are made with one another. As my husband always says, there's NOTHING sweeter in life than having good relationships and that's the best we can hope for even in NOTHING.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:12 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
You are so right, fw. I think it's because in NOTHING we have developed relationships with those who have stuck with it. Even those who don't frequent NOTHINGVILLE as often are like family who we are happy to see when they stop by.

Although it is called NOTHING, and I'm certain many people feel it is just that, it really is so much more. It is a judgment-free, safe, hopefully feel good zone for those who want to have fun and/or share whatever is on their mind. In the process, bonds are made with one another. As my husband always says, there's NOTHING sweeter in life than having good relationships and that's the best we can hope for even in NOTHING.
When I read some of the other threads I am just depressed. I do not understand the bickering and the need to ridicule someone else's opinion. Everyone should be able to express an opinion and everyone can disagree without becoming nasty about it. I like to stay in NOTHING where we have some RESPECT.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
When I read some of the other threads I am just depressed. I do not understand the bickering and the need to ridicule someone else's opinion. Everyone should be able to express an opinion and everyone can disagree without becoming nasty about it. I like to stay in NOTHING where we have some RESPECT.
I agree, I really try to be careful with my words "out there". There have been many posts that I have written and backed out of outside of NOTHING because I felt like if I had to be so careful in reading and re-reading my post before hitting submit, then it wasn't worth the trouble.

Like K says I worry too much. I almost went back and erased that whole post but then I thought, why? I don't think you all will love me any less for posting it even if it didn't come off right......lol. But laughing aside, that is a great comfort zone to be in. NOTHING is unrectifiable here. Hmmm........this site doesn't recognize that word - maybe I'm wrong.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
I agree, I really try to be careful with my words "out there". There have been many posts that I have written and backed out of outside of NOTHING because I felt like if I had to be so careful in reading and re-reading my post before hitting submit, then it wasn't worth the trouble.

Like K says I worry too much. I almost went back and erased that whole post but then I thought, why? I don't think you all will love me any less for posting it even if it didn't come off right......lol. But laughing aside, that is a great comfort zone to be in. NOTHING is unrectifiable here. Hmmm........this site doesn't recognize that word - maybe I'm wrong.
I throw out more then I post. I'd like to think nothing is wasted. The writing itself is sometimes enough.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I throw out more then I post. I'd like to think nothing is wasted. The writing itself is sometimes enough.
So true - kind of cathartic and then you walk away and forget about it. I think on here we have more opportunity to at least try to understand one's character and demeanor even though we don't know each other by sight.

The bottom line is that no one/NOTHING is perfect and because of our ongoing relationships on here we get that, accept it, and as fw says we show respect because of it even if someone makes what they consider a mistake in wording or tone.

Considering what I just said, and your comment about "NOTHING is wasted", maybe NOTHING really is perfect!
Old 08-24-2018, 08:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
So true - kind of cathartic and then you walk away and forget about it. I think on here we have more opportunity to at least try to understand one's character and demeanor even though we don't know each other by sight.

The bottom line is that no one/NOTHING is perfect and because of our ongoing relationships on here we get that, accept it, and as fw says we show respect because of it even if someone makes what they consider a mistake in wording or tone.

Considering what I just said, and your comment about "NOTHING is wasted", maybe NOTHING really is perfect!
NOTHING may not be perfect but it is not depressing and keeps my blood pressure in check.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:59 AM
fw102807

On another note...I am NOTHING but worried about the poor folks in Hawaii.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

FW you are so right. Praying for the Hawaiian family an K man and the other firefighters out there doing their thing.

It’s time to Load Em Up And Move Em Out. Packing today and going to miss these little buggars but Skype is NOTHING but a beautiful thing. This is exciting, like another new beginning, just have to get home safely. Adios to the Armpit of The USA, and that’s being kind.

I will laugh in the face of the next person to cry about the drivers in The Villages. You wanna see crazy? Try N.Y. & N.J. I can’t wait to get flipped off or cut off in the Golf Cart. At least it will be where you can’t see the air.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Don’t they have NOTHING but Rocky and the Hockey Puckaroonies near yo other home?
It's been in the 80's and 90's most of the summer here in Canada, hot for Ontario.
Rocky and the Hockey Puckaroonies - Nucky you are NOTHING but funny!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:03 AM
Sage

If you got nothing to do and want a little light, entertainment go to youtube and search for Dinner for Five. I just started one with Burt Reynolds and Richard Lewis.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
FW you are so right. Praying for the Hawaiian family an K man and the other firefighters out there doing their thing.

It’s time to Load Em Up And Move Em Out. Packing today and going to miss these little buggars but Skype is NOTHING but a beautiful thing. This is exciting, like another new beginning, just have to get home safely. Adios to the Armpit of The USA, and that’s being kind.

I will laugh in the face of the next person to cry about the drivers in The Villages. You wanna see crazy? Try N.Y. & N.J. I can’t wait to get flipped off or cut off in the Golf Cart. At least it will be where you can’t see the air.
NOTHING but safe travels, my friend. It's always a lot more fun traveling in the direction you want to be going versus the direction you don't want to be going, so enjoy!
Old 08-24-2018, 05:15 PM
fw102807

Quote:
NOTHING but safe travels, my friend. It's always a lot more fun traveling in the direction you want to be going versus the direction you don't want to be going, so enjoy!
I do like to go places, I am not fond of the process of getting there. I didn't use to mind but it has all gotten so much more unpleasant. I am hoping that someone actually does discover a way of teleporting so I would need NOTHING but some floo powder and a fireplace.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Once we get out of New Jerky the only part of the ride I can’t stand is getting around Washington and coming back into NOTHING like Florida. Of course until I see the bestest sign in the world. Welcome to 441 Dunkin Donuts.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Once we get out of New Jerky the only part of the ride I can’t stand is getting around Washington and coming back into NOTHING like Florida. Of course until I see the bestest sign in the world. Welcome to 441 Dunkin Donuts.
The easiest drive we had to TV was the time we left our house between 2 and 3am and made our way south of DC before 5am. NOTHING to it if you get there early enough. Now timing it coming north is a whole different matter.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Sage

When we made a long trip we always had a book on tape or other equivalent. This is nothing to brag about but I remember at least one time driving 13 hours, listening to Harry Potter only to sit in the driveway to finish it.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.