The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-30-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
oh no, my pork butt recipe is confusing, my balls are dropping and I can't remember nothing-----it's a good day though,,,,the dripped coffee all dripped into the drip coffee pot-----I wonder why it's called Mr. Coffee? Sounds a little misogynistic to me. My mom always made the coffee and filled the thermos while my father was getting ready for work. I must be channeling Seinfeld [TBS] this morning.
SAY WHAT???

Usually I follow right along but this post and the last about priests and rabbi's and kids registered nothing...…..Call me dense. Don't trip over your balls. I wouldn't want harm to come to you.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage

People tell me they enjoy my recipes and I posted one recently about onions, carrots and potatoes that begins with pork butt cooking in a crock pot.

I took a classified ad about a basket with balls, and a few other ads on the main thread and tried to turn it into something funny Johnny Carson would say in an Amazing Kreskin sketch he did for years.

I remembered I use to do that routine with the high school director many years ago. We would give phoney academy awards to our actors and stage crew. I would name 4 real actors and 4 phone movies like this:
Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pizzas
Mark Scalzo [our student] in Death of a Salesman [the play we did]
[and 2 more silly movies or plays]
We got all dressed up and pretended it was the academy awards. The director and I were at the podium and she opened the envelope. Of course our student would always win. They would walk up and say something at the mic and accept our award. I miss those days and sometimes try to recreate them here in some small way.

I got side tracked on the Adam's family tv show and lost my place so I forgot nothing. Chas Adam, the creator is really funny.

I was listening to a conversation about why some religions thrive while others remain stagnant. Hundreds of years ago the Rabbi's could read and they taught their children to read along with math and science. These educated families continued to expand. Priests and Sisters could read and equally well educated but could not have children so the common good took a lot longer. What I didn't write is that the fear of God keeps people quiet. This training begins in Kindergarten for some of us who went to Catholic School. The clergy who use this kind of mind control are not being fair, to say the least.

No one is dense. I think it was Einstein who said if you can't easily explain something then you probably don't understand it. That stuck with me.

Last edited by tomwed; 08-30-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
People tell me they enjoy my recipes and I posted one recently about onions, carrots and potatoes that begins with pork butt cooking in a crock pot.

I took a classified ad about a basket with balls, and a few other ads on the main thread and tried to turn it into something funny Johnny Carson would say in an Amazing Kreskin sketch he did for years.

I remembered I use to do that routine with the high school director many years ago. We would give phoney academy awards to our actors and stage crew. I would name 4 real actors and 4 phone movies like this:
We got all dressed up and pretended it was the academy awards. The director and I were at the podium and she opened the envelope. Of course our student would always win. They would walk up and say something at the mic and accept our award. I miss those days and sometimes try to recreate them here in some small way.

I got side tracked on the Adam's family tv show and lost my place so I forgot nothing. Chas Adam, the creator is really funny.

I was listening to a conversation about why some religions thrive while others remain stagnant. Hundreds of years ago the Rabbi's could read and they taught their children to read along with math and science. These educated families continued to expand. Priests and Sisters could read and equally well educated but could not have children so the common good took a lot longer. What I didn't write is that the fear of God keeps people quiet. This training begins in Kindergarten for some of us who went to Catholic School. The clergy who use this kind of mind control are not being fair, to say the least.

No one is dense. I think it was Einstein who said if you can't easily explain something then you probably don't understand it. That stuck with me.
Tomwed, you impress me more and more as I get to know you through this forum. To remember all that and put it together like you did is NOTHING but impressive in and of itself. Heck, I can't remember what I said or wrote or typed 2 minutes ago!

Your wit and knowledge of so many different things, also impressive. Love the Einstein quote. I'm going to have to remember that - a good way to keep oneself humble.

And last but not least in my book, you can cook! Yes, I never forget that tidbit of info - a man who can cook. I forgot to check that off my list when I married my better half. I guess I was too enamored by his charisma....... or something like that. (I know it wasn't the Vette - lol.) Thank goodness he's pretty close to perfect in every other way - definitely a keeper.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
My goodness, you sound like you're having NOTHING but a Nucky moment there....lol
you're right. It wasn't Seinfeld I was channeling, it was Knucky. Thanks dude, I hope you don't get nothing too corny in my mind getting stuck in yours.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:24 PM
fw102807

Quote:

That is NOTHING but wrong. I think you understand it too well and assume we also have the same knowledge. Pretty much if you are going to give me instructions you need to start with "take out a pan"
Old 08-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That is NOTHING but wrong. I think you understand it too well and assume we also have the same knowledge. Pretty much if you are going to give me instructions you need to start with "take out a pan"
You might be onto nothing there. I'll stew on that. Speaking of stew, take out a pan...............
Old 08-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,445 Times in 2,278 Posts

Had to run to town to get a new tire. Thought I would see how NOTHING is doing.

Yes I got up in time. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Had to run to town to get a new tire. Thought I would see how NOTHING is doing.

Yes I got up in time. lol
Glad to hear you retired early. crickets, something, nothing, hmmmm
Old 08-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I knew something was going on cause when you were channeling me I NOTHING but went blank for a couple minutes. I liked it. Please do it again at 2 AM so I can keep sleeping.

Glad you are only tire ed K. Be careful.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:15 PM
fw102807

Quote:
You might be onto nothing there. I'll stew on that. Speaking of stew, take out a pan...............
NOTHING but on fire now..oh no wait K is the fire guy you are the chef
Old 08-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING but on fire now..oh no wait K is the fire guy you are the chef
Tomwed IS on fire today and maybe K got the signal and came back to be sure the NOTHING house wasn't in flames. Sorry I missed all the action here. I was too busy trying to put out another fire, but that's another story.......
Old 08-30-2018, 03:44 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Tomwed IS on fire today and maybe K got the signal and came back to be sure the NOTHING house wasn't in flames. Sorry I missed all the action here. I was too busy trying to put out another fire, but that's another story.......
NOTHING like a good fire story or picture, or truck story or picture of a truck or anything else remotely fire related.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Sage

Here's a NOTHING story-

So I'm upstairs trying to spring clean (well, fall clean at this point) the master bedroom. Realizing I can't move the darn furniture by myself to clean around it, I go looking for the strong man for some help. He's nowhere to be found. I look upstairs and down, in the basement and garage. Then I notice his cell phone is still on the kitchen counter so he can't have gone too far. Thinking at this point he must be out doing yard work, I go out and take a look up toward the street and there he is taking turns riding with the kids across the street on our tandem bike.

So much for finishing up that room today. On to making dinner since NOTHING is getting done upstairs......

One thing I realized, I'm finally getting into retirement mode. What doesn't get done one day will get done another. I finally quit sweating the lesser important things to make room for the more important. My husband is a lot smarter than me. He learned that lesson a long time ago. Those kids have been wanting to learn how to ride a bike for a long time now. God bless that man.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:36 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Here's a NOTHING story-

So I'm upstairs trying to spring clean (well, fall clean at this point) the master bedroom. Realizing I can't move the darn furniture by myself to clean around it, I go looking for the strong man for some help. He's nowhere to be found. I look upstairs and down, in the basement and garage. Then I notice his cell phone is still on the kitchen counter so he can't have gone too far. Thinking at this point he must be out doing yard work, I go out and take a look up toward the street and there he is taking turns riding with the kids across the street on our tandem bike.

So much for finishing up that room today. On to making dinner since NOTHING is getting done upstairs......

One thing I realized, I'm finally getting into retirement mode. What doesn't get done one day will get done another. I finally quit sweating the lesser important things to make room for the more important. My husband is a lot smarter than me. He learned that lesson a long time ago. Those kids have been wanting to learn how to ride a bike for a long time now. God bless that man.
That is a great NOTHING story and it is very true. No one is going to put she kept a clean house on your tombstone.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
That is a great NOTHING story and it is very true. No one is going to put she kept a clean house on your tombstone.
Yeah, well if I wasn't willing to change my ways, my husband would have probably thought about it........time to give up the hang ups so to speak. Life is NOTHING but shorter all the time.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.