The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-07-2018, 11:23 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
My favorite shows in no particular order are F Troop, 30 Rock, the office, Seinfeldt, The Catherine Tate Show, The Tracy Ulman Show and The IT Crowd. Some of the shows you can find on Youtube. Nothing on TV today seems very funny to me. Maybe a good show for characters would be Petticoat Junction. I like Mr. Hayney. He was always working a hustle.

wait a minute--hayney was on green acres. now i need to start all over.
I agree that none of the shows on TV right now are very funny except for Big Bang Theory which I find hilarious. I do like all of the crime show dramas and anything with David Boreanaz. There has been absolutely NOTHING all summer and I can't wait for the new season to start.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I agree that none of the shows on TV right now are very funny except for Big Bang Theory which I find hilarious. I do like all of the crime show dramas and anything with David Boreanaz. There has been absolutely NOTHING all summer and I can't wait for the new season to start.
I tried the Big Bang Theory a couple of times but never engaged. I'm more nerd then not. Practically nothing seemed particularly true. There's nothing true about F Trump but it didn't pretend to be accurate. Have you seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix? It's a Tina Fey production and you can see her humor in the show. The star was in The Office and steals the scene all the time.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:30 PM
fw102807

Quote:
I tried the Big Bang Theory a couple of times but never engaged. I'm more nerd then not. Practically nothing seemed particularly true. There's nothing true about F Trump but it didn't pretend to be accurate. Have you seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix? It's a Tina Fey production and you can see her humor in the show. The star was in The Office and steals the scene all the time.
I have seen NOTHING on Netflix because we don't have it. I like and identify with socially inept people which is why I also liked Bones. It's all part of the left right brain thing where some (me) are ruled by logic and can be somewhat eccentric and too detail oriented. Fortunately my husband finds this cute.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I agree with some of the above mentioned favorites - The Office, Seinfeld, and Big Bang Theory. Hubby and I also enjoyed watching Frasier. I haven't watched anything new in years. If my husband ever vegges out enough to watch tv it's usually old shows - Andy Griffith (he gets a kick out of Barney) and whatever might come on after that. I rarely even turn the tv on and usually only watch a "planned" show here and there. NOTHING much in that way seems to interest me like it used to, not even very many movies. Same goes for reading which I used to love to do. I'm hoping that might change once I'm fully retired and not living such a planned life. I think part of my problem is I just don't know how to relax anymore. Sometimes, for that reason, going to a movie isn't such a bad idea because I'm a captive audience there versus trying to watch one at home.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have seen NOTHING on Netflix because we don't have it. I like and identify with socially inept people which is why I also liked Bones. It's all part of the left right brain thing where some (me) are ruled by logic and can be somewhat eccentric and too detail oriented. Fortunately my husband finds this cute.
That's NOTHING but adorable.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
When it's convenient go to youtube and search for the IT Crowd. There is nothing quite like it. Here's a snip--guess who the nerds are and which one is the boss they tease.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=tomwed;1579266]When it's convenient go to youtube and search for the IT Crowd. There is nothing quite like it. Here's a snip--guess who the nerds are and which one is the boss they tease.

OMG, tomwed, that is funny. And I'm going to say this before K gets on here and says it first, but that reminds me of what it would be like if K, W, and I were all in the same room together. They would be doing NOTHING but trying to get one over on me and enjoying every minute of it. I'll admit to sometimes being an easy "target".

British comedy can be so good. I had spoken about British acting on here before. The training is much more rigorous than in this country which sometimes is next to NOTHING.

Last edited by Abby10; 09-07-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: changed my often to sometimes! and added on...
Old 09-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Abby10;1579268]
Quote:
When it's convenient go to youtube and search for the IT Crowd. There is nothing quite like it. Here's a snip--guess who the nerds are and which one is the boss they tease.

OMG, tomwed, that is funny. And I'm going to say this before K gets on here and says it first, but that reminds me of what it would be like if K, W, and I were all in the same room together. They would be doing NOTHING but trying to get one over on me and enjoying every minute of it. I'll admit to often being an easy "target".
I'm guessing Katherine Tate is new to you. She is like Carol Burnett with a bunch of characters she does. Some old, young , boy, girl, nothing is missed-- I think she is the funniest person in the world, Here's a taste:

You better look her up on youtube. I forgot there is a bit of adult humor I forgot about. I haven't looked at one of those shows in 2 years. Boy oh Boy has the world changed in 10 years.

Last edited by tomwed; 09-07-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:

And that's often NOTHING but the chaos I can cause too - lol!

So it looks like you can get some full episodes on youtube?
Old 09-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

A whole lot of NOTHING going on today..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
A whole lot of NOTHING going on today..
That's true, but you started the NOTHING trouble. How was your day?
Old 09-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
That's true, but you started the NOTHING trouble. How was your day?
Typical Friday.. Pretty much did NOTHING but try to stay awake..

Did you do anything exciting today?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Typical Friday.. Pretty much did NOTHING but try to stay awake..

Did you do anything exciting today?
Besides spending 2 hours in the eye doctor's office, the only trouble I stirred up today had to do with my house not getting power washed yet. Remember that NOTHING discussion some time ago?
Old 09-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Besides spending 2 hours in the eye doctor's office, the only trouble I stirred up today had to do with my house not getting power washed yet. Remember that NOTHING discussion some time ago?
If he waits much longer that pressure washer will turn into NOTHING but a snowblower.. lol

Old 09-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
If he waits much longer that pressure washer will turn into NOTHING but a snowblower.. lol
Yep, exactly my argument which only led to more NOTHING. I was going to buy him a really nice Christmas present. Maybe I'll use the money to pay to get the house power washed instead - lol

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.