The Thread About NOTHING

Old 12-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Because NOTHING is all that really matters
It really is NOTHING that matters. It's Mrs. BK with her eye on that, especially shiny New Hippy Dippy. Go get 'em Mrs. BK, we are NOTHING but rooting for YOU! Go get 'em Spunky, give 'em hell.

Sorry, I bombed out for the big moment last night but since nobody will tell me where this counter is how the heck am I supposed to know we were so close?

Real Estate deal is now closed at the sound of the Gong. Bong, Gong. It is now over, not another word from me unless you guys get a hot tip on a great deal....just kidding, DONE. Even if they come back because the original buyer falls down. I'm out.

Serenity and Peace on Earth is NOTHING but important. Can I get an Amen?

Blood is important too! Geez, Tal? 25 Gallons. Unbelievable.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:37 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It really is NOTHING that matters. It's Mrs. BK with her eye on that, especially shiny New Hippy Dippy. Go get 'em Mrs. BK, we are NOTHING but rooting for YOU! Go get 'em Spunky, give 'em hell.

Sorry, I bombed out for the big moment last night but since nobody will tell me where this counter is how the heck am I supposed to know we were so close?

Real Estate deal is now closed at the sound of the Gong. Bong, Gong. It is now over, not another word from me unless you guys get a hot tip on a great deal....just kidding, DONE. Even if they come back because the original buyer falls down. I'm out.

Many years ago when things were not going well for me and I was very discouraged my son said to me "If you don't play you can't win" That NOTHING but got me back in the game and things turned around soon after that.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
199,555 views as of 8:04 AM EST. 12/07/2018. Used to work with a girl in Reno, Washoe Valley and Slide Mountain with a birthday of December 7. Did not seem to bother her in the least. My memories of my birthday since February 25, 1976 still bother me on-and-off but it has gotten a lot better with the help of my many many friends. These women would be around 50 to 55 now. The girl with the December 7 birthday was one of about seven teens I sometimes had to "manage" but it was more like baby sitting.

And one of the partners in this food service concern went onto become a Warden of the Nevada prison where OJ Simpson was the last part of his sentence in Lovelock. He probably would have crossed paths with OJ Simpson. We had a lot of talks about crime and punishment, the partner and I, especially whenever the events connected to my 2-24-1976 birthday came up. They would have been in the local news from time-to-time. The murder of Michelle Mitchell on 2-24-1976 near the University of Nevada, Reno and then the "confession" of Cathy Woods around 1979. And other stuff like the extremely brutal murder of an Olympic British skier, Sonja McCaskie, by an Earl Wooster High School student, Thomas Lee Bean, in 1963 in Reno, Nevada.

We should make 200,000 late in the evening of December 7, 2018 if our rate view stays about the same.
We are up to 200, 199 views as of 12/08/2018 8:22 AM EST. Congratulations, NOTHINGS!!!!

I was a junior at Earl Wooster High School when my English teacher's daughter, Michelle, was murdered in a garage a few yards from the University of Nevada, Reno. The cops were looking at my classmates as suspects thanks in part because of Thomas Lee Bean and what he had done to Sonja McCaskie in 1963. He had been a Wooster student when he committed this horrible murder. A policeman even mentioned all the extremely grisly details as a way to explain to us students his viewpoints of the Bean crime. I felt this was an extremely bone-headed approach and was looking for stuff to help my fellow Earl Wooster High students cope with this 1976 investigation which was not "solved" until 1979. I had gone into the libraries in the Reno, Nevada area hoping to find something to help us cope with the Mitchell murder investigation. My English teacher, Barbara Mitchell, was married to a teacher, Edward, at yet another high school in the Reno, Nevada area. You can imagine the community interest in this murder especially with the very heavy coverage from the press. I had been taking classes as a Junior via correspondence from a third high school in Reno, Nevada to get out of high school in three years. Which I did going onto the University of Nevada, Reno where many of the women there were quite worried about there being a murderer on campus. There was a lot of pressure on the cops to solve this murder.

The Mitchell family gave me and another boy a small Memorial Scholarship in Michelle Mitchell's name. I did meet with the Mitchell family after graduating from high school in 1976 to thank them and to hand over a drawing I had done which I had displayed in an art show I did in one wing of the Wooster High School art building. A female art student had a different wing. The drawing was of a woman I saw in a magazine picture that looked like Michelle Mitchell according to the Mitchell family. I also told them that I wanted to be a doctor partly because Michelle had been in nursing school at UNR. I eventually changed majors though because I had trouble with all the memorizing needed for chemistry and calculus.

I am in contact with some of my Earl Wooster HS fellow alumni on Facebook and even encountered a former cell mate of Thomas Lee Bean on Facebook from the Nevada State Prison. Bean is still in prison, of course, and will be until he dies.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-08-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Nucky, when you go onto TOTV's main page, hit "new posts" at the top of the page. Since we are usually on that list you can see the view count there. If the NOTHING thread is not there, hit "quick links" at the top then "today's posts" and you'll probably see the Nothing thread listed there. Those pages show both view count and reply count in separate columns across from the thread title. We are almost always listed under "new posts" so easy peasy.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Many years ago when things were not going well for me and I was very discouraged my son said to me "If you don't play you can't win" That NOTHING but got me back in the game and things turned around soon after that.
Thanks for sharing. K seems to be our fountain of smart and you are definitely our fountain of wisdom. I so enjoy your helpful posts and have taken many of them to heart even if they weren't directed at me personally.

I think you are the real "Dear Abby" on here. I'm NOTHING but "Deer Abby" - lol
Old 12-08-2018, 09:01 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
funny!

My life has been like the Rascal Flatts song The Long and Winding Road. You learn a lot from bad experiences. I have to say though that Tal has me NOTHING but beat. He has seen some crazy stuff.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:03 AM
fw102807

Quote:
We are up to 200, 199 views as of 12/08/2018 8:22 AM EST. Congratulations, NOTHINGS!!!!

I was a junior at Earl Wooster High School when my English teacher's daughter, Michelle, was murdered in a garage a few yards from the University of Nevada, Reno. The cops were looking at my classmates as suspects thanks in part because of Thomas Lee Bean and what he had done to Sonja McCaskie in 1963. He had been a Wooster student when he committed this horrible murder. A policeman even mentioned all the extremely grisly details as a way to explain to us students his viewpoints of the crime. I felt this was an extremely bone-headed approach and was looking for stuff to help my fellow Earl Wooster High students cope with this investigation which was not "solved" until 1979. I had gone into the libraries in the Reno, Nevada area hoping to find something to help us cope with investigation. My English teacher, Barbara Mitchell, was married to a teacher, Edward, at yet another high school in the Reno, Nevada area. You can imagine the community interest in this murder especially with the very heavy coverage from the press. I had been taking classes as a Junior via correspondence from a third high school in Reno, Nevada to get out of high school in three years. Which I did going onto the University of Nevada, Reno where many of the women there were quite worried about there being a murderer on campus. There was a lot of pressure on the cops to solve this murder.

The Mitchell family gave me and another boy a small Memorial Scholarship in Michelle Mitchell's name. I did meet with the Mitchell family after graduating from high school in 1976 to thank them and to hand over a drawing I had done which I had displayed in an art show I did in one wing of the Wooster High School art building. A female art student had a different wing. The drawing was of a woman I saw in a magazine picture that looked like Michelle Mitchell according to the Mitchell family. I also told them that I wanted to be a doctor partly because Michelle had been in nursing school at UNR. I eventually changed majors though because I had trouble with all the memorizing needed for chemistry and calculus.

I am in contact with some of my Earl Wooster HS fellow alumni on Facebook and even encountered a former cell mate of Thomas Lee Bean on Facebook from the Nevada State Prison. Bean is still in prison, of course, and will be until he dies.
I am glad that you made it here to The Villages where it must be NOTHING but the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
I am glad that you made it here to The Villages where it must be NOTHING but the light at the end of the tunnel.
Do like the Villages a great deal and not for NOTHING. Always quite happy when returning and sad when leaving. I have a number of relatives still in Reno, Nevada and it has changed a great deal since I last saw it in 1994. Was there also in 1989 for a law librarian convention where I was kind of a star having been introduced as the cataloger of all the computer databases on WESTLAW. I had just graduated from law school and arranged to move in with my new roommate the woman I had as a student under me at Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners. I was connected to Stillwater which does not house murderers. I refused to help convicted murderers back then. I think I did end up getting involved with one's case at Oak Park Heights but am not sure.

I played hooky during the convention and went to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and ran into one of my Philosophy professors from the University of Nevada, Reno and also bumped into a second one at the MGM Grand or whatever it was called in 1989. I walked there and back about six miles in total reliving various good and bad experiences. The U of MN Law Library/School paid for the hotel, meals, air plane transportation, etc. Not the movie, though, of course.

These law librarian conventions play a huge role in stuff I do as do the lawyer, doctor, psychiatrist, social worker, and public/college/university library conventions.

The one coming up this Summer for law librarians would be a very interesting place to have a fly with a microphone.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-08-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Do like the Villages a great deal. Always quite happy when returning and sad when leaving. I have a number of relatives still in Reno, Nevada and it has changed a great deal since I last saw it in 1994. Was there also in 1989 for a law librarian convention where I was kind of a star having been introduced as the cataloger of all the computer databases on WESTLAW. I had just graduated from law school and arranged to move in with my new roommate the woman I had as a student under me at Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners. I was connected to Stillwater which does not house murderers. I refused to help convicted murderers back then. I think I did end up getting involved with one's case at Oak Park Heights but am not sure.

I played hooky during the convcention and went to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and ran into one of my Philosophy professors from the University of Nevada, Reno and also bumped into a second one at the MGM Grand or whatever it was called in 1989. I walked there and back about six miles in total reliving various good and bad experiences. The U of MN Law Library/School paid for the hotel, meals, air plane transportation, etc.

These law librarian conventions play a huge role in stuff I do as do the lawyer, doctor, psychiatrist, social worker, and public/college/university library conventions.
I hear ya about being sad when leaving. I can't even bring myself to post the day and date right now because it is too close to my departure date and I don't want to be reminded.

We have come up with some new thoughts while here on how we may be able to get here sooner rather than later. We have some researching to do when we get back to see how viable these options are. I guess NOTHING is impossible if you get a little creative. Time will tell........

Last edited by Abby10; 12-08-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
I hear ya about being sad when leaving. I can't even bring myself to post the day and date right now because it is to close to my departure date and I don't want to be reminded.

We have come up with some new thoughts while here on how we may be able to get here sooner rather than later. We have some researching to do when we get back to see how viable these options are. I guess NOTHING is impossible if you get a little creative. Time will tell........
Good luck and not for NOTHING.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. K seems to be our fountain of smart and you are definitely our fountain of wisdom. I so enjoy your helpful posts and have taken many of them to heart even if they weren't directed at me personally.

How low has the bar been set when I'm considered smart? NOTHING but funny.. I graduated high school with a 2.3gpa.

Although after the Marines instilled some discipline in me I did much better getting my BSEE and MBA..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
funny!

My life has been like the Rascal Flatts song The Long and Winding Road. You learn a lot from bad experiences. I have to say though that Tal has me NOTHING but beat. He has seen some crazy stuff.
You NOTHING but have your songs mixed up.. lol The Beatles did The Long And Winding Road (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

Rascal Flatts did Rascal Flatts - Life Is a Highway (From "Cars"/Official Video) - YouTube

Old 12-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
I hear ya about being sad when leaving. I can't even bring myself to post the day and date right now because it is too close to my departure date and I don't want to be reminded.

Just do it. Seeing you guys being able to make your dreams come true sooner would be NOTHING but worth the dinner I'd owe you.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:34 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
See Abby was right you are NOTHING but smart. The title is actually Bless The Broken Road.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
How low has the bar been set when I'm considered smart? NOTHING but funny.. I graduated high school with a 2.3gpa.

Although after the Marines instilled some discipline in me I did much better getting my BSEE and MBA..
Quote:
See Abby was right you are NOTHING but smart. The title is actually Bless The Broken Road.
Yep, I knew it. He just had to get off the couch and quit taking so many naps -

A former NOTHING once asked me how I seemed to know so much about him without really knowing him. My response was that i always had pretty good intuition about people which I think comes along with a love of people in general, being a good listener, and enjoying figuring out what makes them tick. So I'm not the smartest person here but I guess you could say I have a gift, besides hitting deer with my car that is - lol

Quote:
Just do it. Seeing you guys being able to make your dreams come true sooner would be NOTHING but worth the dinner I'd owe you.
Smart and kind too. NOTHING better than that. I was going to say sweet instead of kind but thought that might be going overboard and a little too "foo foo" for you - lol

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.