The Thread About NOTHING

Old 02-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Why do I get the feeling that 80% of the people living in The Villages are NOTHING but transplants from NY and NJ? Even the nice lady I spoke to to set up our Lifestyle visit still had a strong NY accent after being in Florida for over 30 years..
They show the number of people with Villages' IDS by state in The Villages Daily Sun. NOTHING but interesting. But this does not actually get the statistics as many of these people moved to somewhere from the Tri-State area and then claim places like Florida as home towns.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling that 80% of the people living in The Villages are NOTHING but transplants from NY and NJ? Even the nice lady I spoke to to set up our Lifestyle visit still had a strong NY accent after being in Florida for over 30 years..
That's nothing but funny since just the other day I was commenting on how most of the people I meet are from Ohio or Michigan. Although I heard there were a lot of transplants from NY and NJ, we have not met many - just a few here and there. LOL
Old 02-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
That's nothing but funny since just the other day I was commenting on how most of the people I meet are from Ohio or Michigan. Although I heard there were a lot of transplants from NY and NJ, we have not met many - just a few here and there. LOL
They should NOTHING but turn the lights off and pull the plug out on Minnesota & Ohio. Everybody from there is now here.

The nicest guy bought a house in our neighborhood and took an already beautiful home and poured a bundle into it and much to our surprise just sold it. We met him last night and asked why? It is simple he said, we miss the change of the seasons and are moving to Tennesse to build a new home. We wished him luck and admire him for busting a move.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Just came back from Costco. As I passed the bacon sampling station, I realized I was NOTHING but missing something............
Old 02-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Sage

Sorry NOTHING buddies, but we've been really busy here. All good stuff but many twists and turns which ultimately will affect our move. I say good because it has opened up some new doors and although it may create a few obstacles it will all pay off in the end, I hope. In the meantime lots of work to do.

So much to catch up on with you guys. In glancing over the posts over the past few days there are a few things I want to respond to but it may take me a few days to get to them. I do want to say to Nucky - I'm so sorry about your friend. Praying that whatever amount of time he has left that it is filled with peace and joy as to where he will eternally reside. NOTHING but a greater blessing than to have a friend like that, and likewise for him to have a friend like you.

Miss you guys!
Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Just came back from Costco. As I passed the bacon sampling station, I realized I was NOTHING but missing something............
About time you showed up. NOTHING has been the same without you..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-21-2019, 05:18 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Sorry NOTHING buddies, but we've been really busy here. All good stuff but many twists and turns which ultimately will affect our move. I say good because it has opened up some new doors and although it may create a few obstacles it will all pay off in the end, I hope. In the meantime lots of work to do.

So much to catch up on with you guys. In glancing over the posts over the past few days there are a few things I want to respond to but it may take me a few days to get to them. I do want to say to Nucky - I'm so sorry about your friend. Praying that whatever amount of time he has left that it is filled with peace and joy as to where he will eternally reside. NOTHING but a greater blessing than to have a friend like that, and likewise for him to have a friend like you.

Miss you guys!
Anything that helps with your move is NOTHING but forgivable.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
About time you showed up. NOTHING has been the same without you..
I know........it's been crazy. I have texts that took me 3 days to respond to, so it's not just NOTHING that I've been neglecting. By attempting to stay focused here at home I did manage to clear some things off my plate so hopefully there will be more time to do NOTHING.

Oh, and somehow in the midst of all this, I've mastered the art of napping. One day my husband came downstairs and found me asleep on the couch with my coat and boots on. Instead of going to do errands which I was supposed to be headed out to do, I just leaned over on the couch and NOTHING but fell asleep.......lol
Old 02-21-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I know........it's been crazy. I have texts that took me 3 days to respond to, so it's not just NOTHING that I've been neglecting. By attempting to stay focused here at home I did manage to clear some things off my plate so hopefully there will be more time to do NOTHING.

Oh, and somehow in the midst of all this, I've mastered the art of napping. One day my husband came downstairs and found me asleep on the couch with my coat and boots on. Instead of going to do errands which I was supposed to be headed out to do, I just leaned over on the couch and NOTHING but fell asleep.......lol
You had better be careful. He's going to think we're NOTHING but a bad influence on you.. lol

Old 02-21-2019, 06:49 PM
fw102807

Quote:

That is NOTHING but sheer exhaustion!
Old 02-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They show the number of people with Villages' IDS by state in The Villages Daily Sun. NOTHING but interesting. But this does not actually get the statistics as many of these people moved to somewhere from the Tri-State area and then claim places like Florida as home towns.
Delaware has 309 Villages households.
New Hampshire comes in with 782 Villages households.
New York arrives with 6303 Villages households.
Texas manages to reach 510 Villages households.
Montana slides with 27 Villages households.
Arizona claims 106 Villages households.

These are NOTHING but in The Villages Daily Sun front section usually on A4. They have six states on just about every day.

My Dad guesses the state's numbers each day and has heard them read so many times by my Mom that he is often quite close.

Minnesota, Pennyslvania and Ohio have large numbers for Villages households as does New Jersey. Nevada is quite low if memory serves. Maryland quite high.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That is NOTHING but sheer exhaustion!
The real question is NOTHING but was there anything under the coat? Ah Ha! A typical guy just kidding around though. You deserve your rest. I remember what it was like. I fell asleep at a traffic light once. Be careful there young lady. We need you both done here in deer piece, Sorry I meant one piece.

What K-Man said is true.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The real question is NOTHING but was there anything under the coat? Ah Ha! A typical guy just kidding around though. You deserve your rest. I remember what it was like. I fell asleep at a traffic light once. Be careful there young lady. We need you both done here in deer piece, Sorry I meant one piece.

What K-Man said is true.
Around here that is called NOTHING but passing out..

Old 02-21-2019, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Around here that is called NOTHING but passing out..
It was NOTHING but 4 years ago and the storm in my life had passed. We were pouring a runway at an airport and working like fools for too long and for what? I'll pay for playing hard for the rest of my life. Wish I knew then what I know now. Is that a song?
Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It was NOTHING but 4 years ago and the storm in my life had passed. We were pouring a runway at an airport and working like fools for too long and for what? I'll pay for playing hard for the rest of my life. Wish I knew then what I know now. Is that a song?
We are all paying for something. Hindsight is NOTHING but 20/20

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.