What Would You Do?

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2020, 11:55 AM

I have 2 vehicles. My wife a toyota Rav 4. Myself a toyota Tacoma. These vehicles are driven according to the current need.
Old 12-27-2020, 02:10 PM

GMC - - Giant Metal Container
Old 12-31-2020, 08:33 AM

Happy wife...happy life. She gets what she wants in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Did you see the GMC television commercial where the guy buys his wife a red GMC and himself a black GMC for Christmas? But, she takes the black one instead. I think most people believe that the vehicles are identical except for the color. But, if you look closely, the black one is a pickup truck and the red one is an SUV. So, the guy wanted a pickup truck and ends up with an SUV. Bummer. What would you do if you were the guy? Or, the woman?
First of all, realistically, how many people buy someone a car for Christmas? We've all seen the commercials with the car parked outside either wrapped or with a bow on top, but does that really happen.

I would think that with all the money being spent on gifts, decorations and food that Christmas would be the last time that almost anyone would consider buying a car.

As far as the commercial goes, I would tell her that the black one is mine, (although I would never consider buying a pickup). If she didn't like that, I would go back to the dealer and tell them to exchange it for whatever she wants.

But overall, the whole premise is absurd.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Did you see the GMC television commercial where the guy buys his wife a red GMC and himself a black GMC for Christmas? But, she takes the black one instead. I think most people believe that the vehicles are identical except for the color. But, if you look closely, the black one is a pickup truck and the red one is an SUV. So, the guy wanted a pickup truck and ends up with an SUV. Bummer. What would you do if you were the guy? Or, the woman?
I would convince her that pickup trucks make women look fat.
Closed Thread

Tags
guy, black, gmc, pickup, truck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.