Yamha Glof Car Center (Logo) and add on headlights.

Old 12-29-2023, 11:22 AM
Default Yamha Glof Car Center (Logo) and add on headlights.

Just a reminder to those who may not be aware of just how bright those Center Logo and and on LED light bars are to those on comeing towards you. They blind us.... Please be mindful of this. Do you really need them while driving on the trails at night into oncoming carts? I can see it if you are on the course or a very dark trail but I think it's extreamy dangerous to oncoming traffic. Litterally blinding. Please be considerate and turn them off. TIA...

Last edited by Used2u; 12-29-2023 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-29-2023, 11:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2u View Post
Just a reminder to those who may not be aware of just how bright those Center Logo and and on LED light bars are to those on comeing towards you. They blind us.... Please be mindful of this. Do you really need them while driving on the trails at night into oncoming carts? I can see it if you are on the course or a very dark trail but I think it's extreamy dangerous to oncoming traffic. Litterally blinding. Please be considerate and turn them off. TIA...
I've never found the Yamaha center logo lights to be very bright. I've only encountered the add on LED lights that weren't properly aligned to direct the light on the cart path instead of oncoming traffic to be very blinding. You can tell they still can't see you clearly as they nearly side swipe you as they pass.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
We had one installed along with a switch on the dashboard. When we see carts coming towards us we hit the switch and turn it off.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
I'd add also that those bright blue headlights (automobiles and golf carts) are a concern. Blue light destroys night vision, and can be very dangerous to oncoming traffic when extremely bright.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

I don't think I can turn off my center logo without turning off my headlights. I didn't think it was a bright light, must meant to advertise the Yamaha logo. I'll have to check when I get back in a few weeks.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

I have to look away from cars and golf carts that have these on at night.

I do carry a small LED light but point it in another direction when I see traffic coming toward me when walking at night.

Avanto Lifestyle
Old 12-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Thanks for reminding me about the backlit center logo. One of my free time projects this winter is to figure out how to replace the Yamaha Tuning Fork logo with a happy smile but keep the factory back light functional. Always looking to add a unique twist to the ride : )
Old 12-30-2023, 07:14 AM

Been trying to find a “vendor” to customize the logo light. Saw an American flag in one awhile back south of 466A, but never got a chance to ask owner about it.
Old 12-30-2023, 07:50 AM

Those floodlights are not street legal on anything. They are not focused driving lights and are a cheap, bad product. Trying to make the path visible because the headlights are lousy, but not realizing they are dangerous to oncoming carts and vehicles.

The Villages Golf Cars stores sell carts with the wiring set up wrong. Your choice is to have both the headlights AND the floodlight ON or OFF. Cannot pick only one. Only (partial) solution is to tilt them down and far to the right.

People who have these, and especially the monster size ones, are asking for a collision, and a huge lawsuit because the oncoming cart driver was blinded.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Paul View Post
Been trying to find a “vendor” to customize the logo light. Saw an American flag in one awhile back south of 466A, but never got a chance to ask owner about it.
Golf Cart Hoodies
Richard Reed
706-974-9455
golfcarthoodies@gmail.com

Sells the covers, and also has a light kit to replace the Yamaha unit.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I have found that MOTORCYCLE driving lights which are DOT approved are very useful for golf carts. I have found that while these are sold in pairs, one is typically sufficient for a golf cart, and when AIMED PROPERLY these do not blind the oncoming drivers. I have ours setup with a separate switch so it can easily be switched off if necessary.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thanks for reminding me about the backlit center logo. One of my free time projects this winter is to figure out how to replace the Yamaha Tuning Fork logo with a happy smile but keep the factory back light functional. Always looking to add a unique twist to the ride : )
Check with the Hands on Tech club, they have several members with 3D printers and should be able to make whatever symbol you want.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Check with the Hands on Tech club, they have several members with 3D printers and should be able to make whatever symbol you want.
Pardon my ignorance but is the hands on tech club a villages club? If so where and when do they meet?
Old 12-30-2023, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but is the hands on tech club a villages club? If so where and when do they meet?
Yes, this is a villages club, here is the website:

HANDSONTECH.ORG - Home
Old 12-30-2023, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Yes, this is a villages club, here is the website:

HANDSONTECH.ORG - Home
Thank you Sir. I'll look into it.

Tags
oncoming, add, logo, center, cars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.