Bowels Lawn service

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2022, 01:20 PM

I don't know if Dean's lawn mowing is the same company as Dean's lawn service who furtilize my lawn and treat it for weeds and bugs. They are out performing two other major lawn treatment companies in the area by a factor of ten. My lawn has never looked better.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Rumor has it they moved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Another rumor………..

I think he's talking about their intestines...
Old 06-14-2022, 02:22 PM

You can always call seniors V Crime before hiring anyone and they will see if any cases filed against them in past 5 years. 352-689-4600 ext 4606.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Also - don’t use Deans as they will stop mowing when you go North!! They are SCAMMERS- you have been warned.
Not true.

We have a camera in our front yard, and we can see every time they mow or do pest control.

It's every two weeks, as contracted...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-14-2022, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I think their name alone would keep me away. lol
Hahahahahahaha
Old 06-14-2022, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
I would rather NOT have my lawn mowed if it doesn’t need it . I trust my guy to make that determination.

One of the reason most championship fairways are “hard pan” is because they needlessly mow the sh$@ out of them . Probably because the contract says “you must mow every week “. Never mind if you’re only mowing dirt !!
Waaaa. Que up the baby crying.

Scratch out that check and build your own championship course. What? Don’t have those funds? Well, you have two choices - play on “your opinion” dirt fairways or quit.

Life is about choices.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Sorry my humor seems to have gone over your head.
Gave me a good chuckle…. Yes… it moved me….
Old 06-14-2022, 08:37 PM

I and my neighbors have been using Bowles for about two years + and have had wonderful service from them. If customers understand they come care for your lawn as often as it is needed. For the same monthly charge they mow, trim and blow my lawn more often in the growing season and less often when it’s not needed. They have been courteous with me, reliable, and professional. My lawn has done very well in their hands and I would strongly recommend them to care for your lawn with the understanding they will provide the service as your lawn and the season require not on a timed basis that would not be good for my lawn.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1welsh View Post
Do not use this service. The owner himself said he does not care about customer relations. They missed a week and are supposed to cut weekly. It was not due to weather.
When I asked about it he said, that either like what they do and when they do it or find someone else. I have seen other reviews that say they rude and do not treat customers well. Stay away from them.
its bad having bowels that arent regular
Old 06-16-2022, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Sometimes I think it's more a cultural thing than anything else.

In our time here we've befriended some locals and appreciated their frankness when talking about things. Some Villagers (certainly not all) do exhibit an entitlement mentality when dealing with locals such as those who provide lawn services, landscaping services, etc. and can come across as antagonistic when things are not done to their satisfaction. An attitude in such dealings that might be perfectly OK in, say, NY, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, etc., would NOT be well-received here. It may just provoke a response in kind, and truthfully I can fully understand a response along the lines of "go find someone else", judging from the ways I've witnessed some Villagers interact with non-Villagers.

The culture of the resident population where The Villages is located is different from the culture where most of us come from, often vastly different. It would behoove us to remember that rather than just fall back on old habits when things don't go quite the way we want them. Courtesy and consideration go a long way here, and I've never yet had to pay a price for being courteous.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Sometimes I think it's more a cultural thing than anything else.

In our time here we've befriended some locals and appreciated their frankness when talking about things. Some Villagers (certainly not all) do exhibit an entitlement mentality when dealing with locals such as those who provide lawn services, landscaping services, etc. and can come across as antagonistic when things are not done to their satisfaction. An attitude in such dealings that might be perfectly OK in, say, NY, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, etc., would NOT be well-received here. It may just provoke a response in kind, and truthfully I can fully understand a response along the lines of "go find someone else", judging from the ways I've witnessed some Villagers interact with non-Villagers.

The culture of the resident population where The Villages is located is different from the culture where most of us come from, often vastly different. It would behoove us to remember that rather than just fall back on old habits when things don't go quite the way we want them. Courtesy and consideration go a long way here, and I've never yet had to pay a price for being courteous.
Very well said
Closed Thread

Tags
service, find, treat, stay, customers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.