Disappointed lawn care

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral51Bjl View Post
I signed a contract with Superior landscape services. I requested they notify me so I could unlock the gate to backyard and to close off the doggie door. There is a serious communication within their office and the people that service the landscaping. They haven’t been to our yard since July and here it is Sept. The technicians get their service lists in the morning and I see no reason for them not to contact me then. They assured me they would be here yesterday, so I texted the technician and when he text me back the answer was “huh?” He didn’t show up and I haven’t. I requested to cancel the contract and was told I could cancel but my mo he would not be refunded. Very frustrated!
How frustrating. What ever happened to good customer service? Have you tried reaching a manager or owner? If you have and have gotten no help have you contacted the Better Business Bureau? The BBB may, or may not be able to help.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Oh man, I really don’t think they will call you everytime they come to mow your yard. Could you amagine if several thousand people wanting their lawn service calling them everytime they come. Maybe you should have them mow the front & you mow the back!
Old 09-04-2022, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea N View Post
How frustrating. What ever happened to good customer service? Have you tried reaching a manager or owner? If you have and have gotten no help have you contacted the Better Business Bureau? The BBB may, or may not be able to help.
Owners do not know how to handle the business they have and for some reason still try and expand.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
we went thru the same thing the first year we were here. You'll recover. I however thru the grace of others on totv's learned to never tip before the meal. I wouldn't give anyone a penny before some kind of delivery or service was provided. Look at it this way, it was a cheap lesson to learn. Get another contractor and chalk this one up. You'll be fine. This is the way it goes with many of these companies.

I tried to help others by posting the replacement company i found after using them for a year. That really worked out great, so many people went to the company that i have the problem of looking for service all the time, and billing problems and being nice in this case didn't work out so well. The company has expanded greatly in the last four years and has its act together now. I was the victim of their growing pains. My present company is the very best, top drawer but i'll never tell anyone who it is. Sorry!
what makes me think, your nit sorry at all?
Old 09-04-2022, 09:41 AM

We had Superior at our last house and they were great, many good recommendations. Then we moved into the new house and Superior was awful, and ruined 2 of our neighbors lawns and ours looked awful. They blamed it on covid and lack of employee's. The one guy I spoked with said they pay thier employee's less then other companies, so a lot of them left. Every time we recommend a company, thay go to crap. No more recommendations on lawn services. Seems hit or miss, again depending on the person attending to your yard.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:49 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

No problems with Dean, always in time and I get notice when they’re done with the grass application. Thanks
Old 09-04-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
Next year DIY
I follow The Lawn Care Nut
https://youtu.be/aCeyfqE7dew
It's kinda fun and my lawn's never looked better.
I use them too! At 65, it’s a battle some summer days mowing 11,000 square feet with my push mower twice a week, but it’s gratifying to not see the weeds that my neighbors have.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:17 AM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Man View Post
we moved into the new house and Superior was awful, and ruined 2 of our neighbors lawns and ours looked awful. .
Had Superior for two years and I think they were planting weeds in my yard instead ok killing them. I said you're fired and they told me to wait a couple of months and it would look better. I said you had 2 years and yard still looks like crap. GOOD BYE...
Old 09-04-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemotay View Post
I use them too! At 65, it’s a battle some summer days mowing 11,000 square feet with my push mower twice a week, but it’s gratifying to not see the weeds that my neighbors have.
I don't do the mowing.
I just do pest, fungus and fertilizer.
Like Massey etc.
Gotta admit, there's nothin like a cold one after a mow, I miss that.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

I do my own; I like the exercise and it helps keep the ol' waistline somewhat controlled. I realize that a lot of people can't, though.

There are a bucketload of lawn care services in TV. Many of them are not large companies but individuals trying to establish a business. We had one our first year here and he was great; unfortunately he died. But...if I were to need a lawn service again I think I'd go with an individual or a small partnership, not some huge company whose employees may be poorly trained and supervised, and who are only interested in the paycheck. Plus in my limited experience the little guys are cheaper than the big dogs.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:37 AM

Superior killed my entire lawn, which I had to pay to replace. They did not take responsibility or even let me out of the rest of my contract.
Lessons learned: Don’t use Superior, don’t sign a contract (most other services don’t have contracts),
Been with B&C since and really like them.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
NEVER sign a contract and NEVER pay upfront!!!!! there a many, many, many companies out there that DO NOT require either
Does Dean’s require payment up front? If not do you pay monthly?
Old 09-04-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I do my own; I like the exercise and it helps keep the ol' waistline somewhat controlled. I realize that a lot of people can't, though.

There are a bucketload of lawn care services in TV. Many of them are not large companies but individuals trying to establish a business. We had one our first year here and he was great; unfortunately he died. But...if I were to need a lawn service again I think I'd go with an individual or a small partnership, not some huge company whose employees may be poorly trained and supervised, and who are only interested in the paycheck. Plus in my limited experience the little guys are cheaper than the big dogs.
I want to do all our own lawncare. I currently mow and trim the bushes. Need advise on fertilizing the lawn and taking care of shrubs to keep issues down.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
I don't do the mowing.
I just do pest, fungus and fertilizer.
Like Massey etc.
Gotta admit, there's nothin like a cold one after a mow, I miss that.
Can you tell me what you do for the pest, fungus and fertilizing? We want to do that ourselves.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I want to do all our own lawncare. I currently mow and trim the bushes. Need advise on fertilizing the lawn and taking care of shrubs to keep issues down.
When I realized Massey did not fertilize the shrubs realized it was easy to fertilize the lawn myself and why were we paying so much for so little work.

Bought a spreader, lawn fertilizer, looked up spreader rate and off I went done in 10 minutes. Asked our lawn service how often she told me 90 days and all is well.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, haven’t, cancel, requested, contract

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.