Disappointed lawn care

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2022, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Does Dean’s require payment up front? If not do you pay monthly?
Dean's requires you to provide a credit card and authorize them to charge it monthly, like autopay. That was a non-starter for me. I use Massey, who I only pay after they have performed a service, and I control the payments.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
Next year DIY
I follow The Lawn Care Nut
https://youtu.be/aCeyfqE7dew
It's kinda fun and my lawn's never looked better.
I've been following Lawn Care Nut for over 5 years. He has taught me a great deal about mowing, weeding, bio-nutrients, fertilizer and so much more. And, he's a riot a regular riot as Ralph Kramden used to say.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral51Bjl View Post
I signed a contract with Superior landscape services. I requested they notify me so I could unlock the gate to backyard and to close off the doggie door. There is a serious communication within their office and the people that service the landscaping. They haven’t been to our yard since July and here it is Sept. The technicians get their service lists in the morning and I see no reason for them not to contact me then. They assured me they would be here yesterday, so I texted the technician and when he text me back the answer was “huh?” He didn’t show up and I haven’t. I requested to cancel the contract and was told I could cancel but my mo he would not be refunded. Very frustrated!
Have had Superior for 6 years and service has continually gone downhill. Absolutely terrible so going to Tru Green; communication has completely dried up with Superior!!! Superior crooks more like it!
Old 09-04-2022, 03:25 PM

Watch DEANS - when I was a snowbird they stopped mowing - neighbor sent pics and they still tried to lie to me - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Old 09-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Dean's requires you to provide a credit card and authorize them to charge it monthly, like autopay. That was a non-starter for me. I use Massey, who I only pay after they have performed a service, and I control the payments.
For better or worse we do pay them in advance and get a discount for doing so. In hindsight not doing it would have allowed us to get rid of them for irrigation service before the year was up.

now we pay as work is performed
Old 09-04-2022, 07:20 PM

Superior ruined my lawn. Unfortunately I paid in advance. You can cancel the contract but you do NOT get a refund. I got rid of them. I take care of my lawn now and I don't spray anything on it. A BIG lesson learned.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Watch DEANS - when I was a snowbird they stopped mowing - neighbor sent pics and they still tried to lie to me - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
You keep repeating this, yet I and many others have had the exact opposite experience...

I have a video camera in my front yard and I can see for myself that they show up as contracted...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-04-2022, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzy View Post
No problems with Dean, always in time and I get notice when they’re done with the grass application. Thanks
I think maybe it depends on which crew is assigned to your area.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You keep repeating this, yet I and many others have had the exact opposite experience...

I have a video camera in my front yard and I can see for myself that they show up as contracted...
Agreed. Not everyone is happy with Deans. I think maybe it depends on which crew you get.

Last edited by Djean1981; 09-04-2022 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

#1 rule is never pay up front. We get billed monthly and the grass get cuts. We do not have a need to lock the gate so they can get in anytime.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Default If

Quote:
I signed a contract with Superior landscape services. I requested they notify me so I could unlock the gate to backyard and to close off the doggie door. There is a serious communication within their office and the people that service the landscaping. They haven’t been to our yard since July and here it is Sept. The technicians get their service lists in the morning and I see no reason for them not to contact me then. They assured me they would be here yesterday, so I texted the technician and when he text me back the answer was “huh?” He didn’t show up and I haven’t. I requested to cancel the contract and was told I could cancel but my mo he would not be refunded. Very frustrated!
If you paid by credit card dispute the charge. Never pay ahead of time.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I have had similar problems with lawn care. I found that the large yardcare companies tend to have a high turnover, and the people they hire often don’t know how to do the job and/or are not willing to take the time to follow instructions such as “please knock before going into the backyard so I can secure my dogs.” We have had our dogs let out, the gate left open, the lawn scalped so that it took six months or so to fill in, workers yelling at us. We finally went with an individual rather than a yardcare company. The result is that our yard always looks nice, he always knocks so we can secure our dogs, and the cost is lower.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Veteran member

You only pay Dean’s after service you can cancel at anytime. Giving them a try this year.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:47 AM

I have been through 5 different lawn people and also decided to do it my self. Did the same thing went all electric, mower, trimmer, blower Takes me about an hour. And still plenty of time in the day for golf and anything else I want to do
Old 09-05-2022, 06:48 AM
Default Superior services, not!

I used this company for a couple of years when I first moved here. They were awful! My dog had seizures from the chemicals so I asked them to let me know when they were coming. They never did. In addition, they killed my lawn . When I saw it happening , I called and they told me it was the dogs peeing. I insisted it was a fungus and they refused to do anything about it. It spread uNeil I lost my whole backyard. When the contract was up, I cancelled and they insisted I needed to give them another chance. I said absolutely not and fired them. They hounded me until I blocked them on my email
Closed Thread

Tags
service, haven’t, cancel, requested, contract

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.