Re: Need Recommendations for a Reliable, Knowledgable Landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Smile Re: Need Recommendations for a Reliable, Knowledgable Landscaper

My husband & I recently purchased a new home in Newell. We are looking to get our front & side yard landscaped with brickwork outlining our bed, rock and want someone who has listens to your needs and provides excellent design layout. We don't want a cookie cutter look, something unique but elegant. Many of them I've interviewed come to your house, give you an estimate and do not provide a drawing or show you suggestions using a I-Pad or laptop. They just tell you they will take you to a wholesale nursery where pick out plants. Looking for recommendations.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Be sure YOU also get ARC approval for your project. I relied on the landscaper to do this THEY DID NOT, and I found out by accident after the fact. I was able to get ARC approval as the work was within the guidelines. I will not recommend the landscaper we used, I actually think they went out of business. I liked their work and 9 years later it is still in very good condition, but like I said get the approval yourself.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

The two companies I would recommend are Choice Maintenance and Jamies. You can find cheaper alternatives, but these companies are not cheap. Whoever you hire, do not pay any money in advance or you may never see the contractor again.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:13 AM

Jason Schmidt Landscaping, Village Palms,Terrascapes and Fairfield Farms are all local “Bricks N Mortar” retail nursery’s that offer landscaping. You probably won’t get a CAD Drawing from anyone. But they all have good designers. Drive around and take photos of what you like (landscape inspiration) It will help the design process. There are a lot of homes in the villages, so it’s probably all been done before.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:19 AM

Jamies. 352-308-7412
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, give, house, interviewed, elegant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.