Tree Removal

Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Default Tree Removal

My Live Oak tree has a large crack down the center and needs to be removed. Has anyone ever used R&R Landscaping or Winburn's? Were you satisfied with their work?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Gold member

We've used Winburn Tree Removal several times. Highly recommend him. You won't find a harder or faster working team than this family. Be sure to be home should you hire Winburn as you wouldn't want to miss watching their strength & team work. Again, we highly recommend

Old 07-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnall View Post
My Live Oak tree has a large crack down the center and needs to be removed. Has anyone ever used R&R Landscaping or Winburn's? Were you satisfied with their work?

If the tree has a trunk more than 4" in diameter you will need to obtain the approval of the Architectural Review Committee (ARC). They are particularly interested in live oaks. Frequently they require replacement with a tree of similar size.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 PM

Here's another vote for Winburn... they're fast, neat, and reasonable... plus they're a family that works together....Dad directs and cuts, Mom pulls, daughter climbs tree to tie, and Jr is there for muscle. They are quite the characters!

Old 07-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Used Winburn last year and they will never set foot on our property again - hacked tree rather than shaped it and failed to remove all dead fronds and clean junk from the palm - Dad had other things to do and left Mom to supervise the kids but was back to collect the $$ - but they were fast!

Old 07-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
If the tree has a trunk more than 4" in diameter you will need to obtain the approval of the Architectural Review Committee (ARC). They are particularly interested in live oaks. Frequently they require replacement with a tree of similar size.
I have seen ARC require replacement with a canopy tree - but not necessarily of the same size as the live oak since that could be cost prohibitive.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

I've seen oaks replaced by small palms, not a canopy tree. ARC was aware.

I recommend Airborne.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM

I got a price to take down an oak (I checked w/VCDD first) and I can't remember who did it but they DID NOT grind the stump as I asked. I checked around and did get a price from Winburn's on grinding the stump after the fact and he seemed quite put off that I wanted to get Sunshine 811.com to mark where the gas, water and cable lines were before his work....so off he went. We ended up using ACE Tree Service - Jerry Stanage @ 352 787 9390. He was very helpful and we were going to use him for another job but he got busy and we were leaving. My advice is to find out where your lines are located, have them marked and have the stump ground up. I was also told not to plant new on the same site that a tree came out of. Good luck to you and hope this helps.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
I've seen oaks replaced by small palms, not a canopy tree. ARC was aware.

I recommend Airborne.

Good to know. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Thanks for all of the comments. We live in a villa and are not required to get ARC approval. Tree is coming down today before a windstorm splits the trunk more and it ends up on our roof.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:59 AM

NOTE stay clear of a Tom - The Tree Man - AAC Palm and Tree Service, a rip off artist, paid to do services in full cause he goes right out and says can start the job right now. My property is a rental, so he asked that I please mail check today so I will have it when services are done, two days later came out did 40 percent of the work, he said couldn't finish because of rain, but he got check and cashed it. Now its been three weeks and he won't come back, have called done everything, except report to police. He also has you make check payable to his girlfriend or wife, and she has been arrested for fraud, my stupid fault for trusting someone, but please beware. He needs to be run out of the Villages!!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Sage

Interesting that ARC approval is not needed...do you know why that is? Happy that you will have peace of mind when the project is done!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.