ARC approval to change landscaping?

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2021, 06:48 AM

Xheck the archictecture review manual, half of it is specific to landscaping

VCDD Community Standards

And yes, people will report you.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:11 AM

My landscaper took care of doing the paperwork for us before starting.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Is it necessary to get ARC approval to change landscaping?
And, it you don't - then what - are you fined????
It depends on the district - call your district customer service is all you have to do and they will inform you. some don't want any ARC some do
Old 10-26-2021, 07:44 AM

In my dealing with any HOA its always best to get approval first for any changes just to be safe. Have everything approved and NEVER mention anything to your neighbors - especially if you are not on the best of terms with each other - just in case they may want to cause you a problem.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
forgot that part!!!
Old 10-26-2021, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Removed two sets of bushes in front of house, replaced with cement. All I had to do was make a drawing, submit it to the ARC, they emailed me back with approval in a few days, no problem.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Best to get the information for what you are doing from the horses mouth. Every district has different rules and I, personally, am glad for them.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:13 AM
Default ARC approval for landscaping

I have a PV I wanted to remove front grass and replace it with stone, I have about 5 neighbors that did it and liked the look. I got a few estimates and they all said you don't need approval. Well I called ARC and they said this is not allowed, they said they have about 40 cases on her desk and they will all have to rip it out. I'm glad I called.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:32 AM

Always safest to contact the ARC first. You will get both good and bad advice from this forum, the problem is you won’t know which until you contact the ARC.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

[QUOTE=Bleudeturquoise;leu landscaping?
And, it you don't - then what - are you fined????[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you do! It seems pretty bad when you paid & own your property but if TV didn’t do this you could amagine what some people would do. I thought like you, why do I have to get permission to redo my landscape, they wouldn’t let me put a farm wagon in my landscape area, it would of been beautiful. You see why now, Bluedeturquoise! Some people live like hillbillies.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I hated all this paper work just to pull out a small bush, but as I drive around outside TV,
and see the junk, old cars, untrimmed trees etc., then I'm glad we have this system to control drastic changes in our landscaping.
What someone told me once: "There's new Florida and old Florida"
Key word in your thoughts is "drastic". Forms and meetings and "approvals" should hardly be necessary to go into one's yard and remove a small plant or bush that has died and is unsightly. We look at an old "junk" RV that is only moved once a week or so, and untrimmed tress everywhere, ours, our neighbors, but most belonging to the Villages. The RV runs, so what is "junk", looks or condition ? They use it every so often. Are any of these things hurting us, the quality of our lives, our peace and quiet ? No ! Seems like over kill, like the outrage over the couple down the street who placed a small (and I mean SMALL) cross in a flower bed to remind them of a personal loss. Such a friendly home town. Such a huge difference in seriousness of broken eggs and broken legs, need a little common sense around here.... and now those who just can't face the day without making nasty or self-centered remarks on our social media platform will probably start out, oh well. Even with that type around, most villagers are still kind and tolerant and don't expect everyone to be exactly like them. It would be helpful if our properties were marked to indicate easements, that alone could eliminate a good portion of this constant "wrangling" and arguing about someone's this or that 2" over the property line. Sometimes you have to just smile, chuckle, and carryon the best you can by spreading a little kindness and understanding ! Was it Will Rogers who said, "people are just about as happy as THEY make up their own minds to be." ?

Last edited by Pairadocs; 10-26-2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: sp error
Old 10-26-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Is it necessary to get ARC approval to change landscaping?
And, it you don't - then what - are you fined????
yes you will be fined....
Old 10-27-2021, 07:42 AM

Yes, I changed all my landscaping 2 years ago and the landscaping company applied for approval, if you don't and someone complains, you will have to remove it, better to be safe than sorry!
Old 11-17-2021, 06:49 AM

FACT..
If you didn't get approval, and the changes were within the guidelines of the ARC,
you CAN get approval after the work is done without removal, and without fines.

The nice part is about doing it this way, is you get to find out if there is a busy body close by, AND who they are. Reports are no longer anon.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
FACT..
If you didn't get approval, and the changes were within the guidelines of the ARC,
you CAN get approval after the work is done without removal, and without fines.

The nice part is about doing it this way, is you get to find out if there is a busy body close by, AND who they are. Reports are no longer anon.
Since when have complaint reports been made anonymous in ALL CDDs?

The ARC site still says "Concerns about possible deed restriction violations may be provided to the Community Standards Deed Compliance Division by phone, fax, mail, electronic mail, or in person and may be made anonymously. The Community Standards Deed Compliance Division is entirely complaint driven

Closed Thread

Tags
arc, change, landscaping, approval, fined

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.