ARC process??

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Platinum member
Default ARC process??

We have moved into our villa and want a pergola. I know I have to go through a process to get permission to do this but don't quiet know where to start. Can someone who has gone through this process tell me what to expect and how long the process will take? Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Sage

If you have a Villages phone book, there is a copy of the form near the front. Here's a link to the community standards page:

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...rchreview.aspx

It's a pretty efficient process.... you generally get an answer back in no more than 7-10 days. Also, check with your contractor,if you are using one. Many of them take care of the ARC submission paperwork...you will still need to sign the application/form but they usher it through.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Platinum member

I guess I'll have to get a contractor to do. My sons could easily erect a kit but since there will have to be some kind of concrete extension, or something for a base, I guess I'll have to get a professional to give me a price. I was just curious about how long the process took and what they might require.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I guess I'll have to get a contractor to do. My sons could easily erect a kit but since there will have to be some kind of concrete extension, or something for a base, I guess I'll have to get a professional to give me a price. I was just curious about how long the process took and what they might require.

Thanks
Hi Wendy-you just fill out the form but you need to attach a plot site map of your house. You can get them in the building where you get your drivers license and the dog's license. You need to circle on site map where you are doing the proposed work. You need to let them know the type of materials that will be used, etc. Turn around is pretty quick I hear.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Gold member

Just went thru the ARC committee for a new door and shutters......excellent and painless. I called the office and they emailed me my plot plan; used their form that was in the telephone book. If you have your form in (you can fax it, number on form) by Thursday you will know by the following Thursday.

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Must be Hurricaine Proof

My neighbor extended his patio, ran a wall along our side of it for privacy, and built a pergola over all of it. It is now approximately 15 time 24. He said that it had to be able to withstand hurricane force winds. It really looks nice.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
My neighbor extended his patio, ran a wall along our side of it for privacy, and built a pergola over all of it. It is now approximately 15 time 24. He said that it had to be able to withstand hurricane force winds. It really looks nice.
Do you know who did the work for him? Was it a courtyard villa?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.