Attention Lawn Care Companies

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Attention Lawn Care Companies

I decided to go about my search a little differently. A while back I started talking to lawn companies and then life kind of got in the way, as often happens.....now, I'm back to looking and really hate the idea of calling everyone all over again.

I know a lot of companies are members, or at least lurkers, on TOTV. If anyone is looking for new business and can provide what I want, please email me at casita37@hotmail.com.

Push Mowing
Edging
Blowing
Weed control (beds are brand new with tons of gravel, so in excellent shape)
Lawn "care", ie fertilizer/weed control, etc. for lawn and shrubs

Trimming/Prunning, as needed (To be paid seperately on a per job basis, since I actually like doing it myself when I can.)

Adjusting sprinkler heads, as needed.

I don't need pest control. I have Massey for that and am happy with it, but I don't care for their lawn care as much.

I am not trying to save $5 by putting out a bid type request. I just want to find someone who can do what I need but doesn't have to include extra services I don't care about. I am open to hearing suggestions if I have forgotten something.

I am just south of 466, in Tall Trees, a normal size lot in a ranch neighborhood. I need someone to start next week.

Please let me know if you can put that plan together for me and you have references and no reports to Seniors vs Crimes. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Gold member

We changed to Stellar because they only use push mowers.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Sage

Casita - I am anxious to hear the response you might get. Looking for something similar, but so fed up at this point they have worn me down. This stuff isn't supposed to be so difficult. All I want is someone that knows what they're doing, does a good job, and doesn't act like a jerk!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:26 PM

I am looking for someone to do small landscaping jobs, such as taking out one shrub and planting another. This seems to be a difficult vendor to find.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well, my plan to have the lawn companies contact me, instead of me calling all of them, didn't go so well. Not one email. Guess I'll have to get back on the phone tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by casita37 View Post
Well, my plan to have the lawn companies contact me, instead of me calling all of them, didn't go so well. Not one email. Guess I'll have to get back on the phone tomorrow.
You could send a PM to Stellar Landscaping asking for a quote.
Stellar is a TOTV advertiser.
You could copy and paste your post into the PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've had really good luck with Chad's Lawn Service (352/430-5416). He is very responsive if there are any problems and his company is full service. Another big plus is he doesn't require payment in advance -- monthly works just fine to him.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 PM

I've had outstanding service and my lawn has greatly improved with Mayo
Landscaping (Austin Mayo 352-461-9208). He is full service, has fertilizer license,
uses only push mower, edges, hand weeds flower beds for $50 monthly and my yard is looking so much better. He is a very conscientious, caring person, and very polite. He hand weeds the flower beds and is very careful with not using chemicals for weeds. He does landscaping projects, and is very reasonable.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM

I agree that finding a good lawn service is almost impossible. I've had several services that I've tried but found unprofessional and negligent. Please contact me if you do find a good service. Thanks.

Brooklyn, NY, Queens, NY, Jericho, L.I., Mineola, L.I., Roslyn Hts., L.I., Danbury, CT., Tucson, AZ, Pewuakee, WI., The Villages, FL.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeniagirl View Post
Landscaping (Austin Mayo 352-461-9208). He is full service, has fertilizer license,
uses only push mower, edges, hand weeds flower beds for $50 monthly and my yard is looking so much better. He is a very conscientious, caring person, and very polite. He hand weeds the flower beds and is very careful with not using chemicals for weeds. He does landscaping projects, and is very reasonable.
DOes he trim shrubs and palms?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've had really good luck with Chad's Lawn Service (352/430-5416). He is very responsive if there are any problems and his company is full service. Another big plus is he doesn't require payment in advance -- monthly works just fine to him.
Do they trim shrubs and palms?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeniagirl View Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
Chad's does it all but doesn't use push mowers. However, his guys are pretty good about not going the same pattern every week so the grass doesn't get the ruts most lawns do.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.