Best time to Plant

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Thank you Uptown I'll let you know how things go.
I am sure your planting will go well! I am excited for you!

You may already know about the different Bougainvillea varieties, but if not search on the internet, because they are not all the same.
Some bloom all along the branch, some only at the tips. Some get 30 ft. tall, some 3 ft. max. and some in between. BGI is a company that produces lots of varieties. They used to sell to individuals, but now are wholesale only. Mine is BGI plant- I think it is called Imperial Delight. I learned a lot from their site, but I don't know how much is posted there now.

Also know that they usually stop blooming in summer. That's the easiest time to prune them if needed.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Sage

One of the traits that attract me to Bougainvillea is the fabulous show they put on in the winter/spring. Don't know what I bought - no tag or identifying marker so I will find out as it grows!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Gold member

This might sound funny, but I bought bag of Cockadoodle Doo in New Hampshire and brought it down here, and works wonders in mixing some in my potting soil, or when I'm planting in ground. I think they have a website @ CockadoodleDoo.com Good stuff! I'm sure I'm going to get the jokes now. hehehehehehe I'm a big boy, I can take it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.