Beware of Sunscape Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Gold member

You can add me to the list of former Sunscape customers who are disappointed with their total lack of communication and follow up.

After doing major work for me in March, they were supposed to follow up with some additional work in May but never showed up on the agreed upon date and then refused to answer or return my repeated calls and voice mail messages. And most of my dealings were with Bart, not Jeff.

And it was through positive feedback from TOTV members that brought me to them in the first place. But maybe we can profit from this experience.

In the future, if I see positive posts in TOTV about a provider, that is more than 6 months old, I’ll probably post a query soliciting updates from members who have recent experience with them.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
You can add me to the list of former Sunscape customers who are disappointed with their total lack of communication and follow up.

After doing major work for me in March, they were supposed to follow up with some additional work in May but never showed up on the agreed upon date and then refused to answer or return my repeated calls and voice mail messages. And most of my dealings were with Bart, not Jeff.

And it was through positive feedback from TOTV members that brought me to them in the first place. But maybe we can profit from this experience.

In the future, if I see positive posts in TOTV about a provider, that is more than 6 months old, I’ll probably post a query soliciting updates from members who have recent experience with them.
The problem with Sunscape was their sudden fall. The company turned negative very quickly.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Based on the many high recommendations by other Villagers, and their having landscaped several lawns in our neighborhood, we also hired Sunscape in November of last year. We specifically asked for plants with low maintenance that can take heat as well as cold. Jeff was very nice and patient and kept us from getting several things we wanted because we would have problems with the plants if the weather were to get cold. We were very happy with his service. About 2 weeks after he landscaped our whole front lawn, the cold weather came in and some of our plants died. Jeff came by in January to look at several lawns he had done on our block and told us that because we had the plants for such a short time, he would replace all the dead plants in March. He said that since the cold season wouldn't be over before March, it wouldn't make sense to plant anything new since they might also die. He came back into the area in early March and we happen to catch him and he repeated that he will be back in a week or two and would replace all the dead plants. He said he would call us before he was ready to do the work.

When April rolled around and he hadn't contacted us, we started calling his cell number as well as his office number. We've called over ten times in the following 2 months and he has not returned any of our calls. We have, of course, given up on him and his company. We've found out that a builder in The Villages has hired him and he is probably not doing any more private jobs. That's all very nice for him but extremely unfair to his former private customers. If he did this to us, he'll end up doing something to the builder who hired him that the builder will not like and he may lose his contract with that builder. When he does, there will be plenty of information on Talk Of The Villages to let people and other builders know that no matter how good people say he is, he's unreliable and to stay away.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Walt, it luks like u and I hired Suncape Landscaping at about the same time and both had a similiar experience. Jeff also told me at the end of March, all would be corrected. Despit numerous calls and emails, I never heard from him again. It looks like we have both been had.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:30 PM

If you have a problem with any business, go to Seniors against Crime. The are in sheriff's bldg. on 466. Easy to deal with great results.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.