Beware Tender Loving Care Landscapers

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Sage
Default Beware Tender Loving Care Landscapers

they just charged me $1,060 to mulch and weed a few beds. BTW..I had just weeded the beds in the last week and stay at it daily. I am guessing they laid down about 4 yards of mulch. Three men did the job in under two hours. They are in a white truck with a red trailer going door to door.
I've been here long enough to know better but they seemed so earnest and I wanted to help them. Never again. He wanted to come back tomorrow to do my palms and gutters. I paid him and told him not to come on my property again.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

An honest question...Did you know how much it was going to cost before you gave them the go ahead to do the work? And if so, was there an meeting of minds as to what was going to be done?

I would contact the Seniors against Crime (not sure of the exact name, but it is referenced many times in this forum).

Lastly, Thanks for the warning for others!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
An honest question...Did you know how much it was going to cost before you gave them the go ahead to do the work? And if so, was there an meeting of minds as to what was going to be done?

I would contact the Seniors against Crime (not sure of the exact name, but it is referenced many times in this forum).

Lastly, Thanks for the warning for others!
I would agree with JB.

Sounds like this outfit needs to change their name to Tender Loving But Will Rob U Blind If U Let Us.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Gold member

Never do business with people who knock on your door. Most likely they have no insurance,workmans comp. If they get hurt on your property they can sue you.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Keep an eye out

Its really unfortunate that you were taken advantage of. This is the very example that we warn people about here on this forum. I hope people will learn a lesson from this. We see it every year during the heavy winter months when the Seasonal Villagers are back. In desperation or a way to make a quick buck, people come out of the woodworks after they get their income tax returns. They buy a trailer and some lawn equipment and head to the Villages to prey on the kindness of people. Don't think they hadn't knocked 15 to 20 other doors and probably got it slammed in their face with the intention of seeking out the good hearted homeowners with some pity or sob story. The worst one lately, is when they bring their toddlers to sell or with them to the dangerous jobsite while their working. Especially in this heat. I cringe every time I see it. Or the "newbie" with 15 so called years of experience and are wanting to make a name for themselves in the Villages. Saying NO IS OK. They just knock on your neighbors door while their pity story gets more rehearsed.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGL Landscaping View Post
Its really unfortunate that you were taken advantage of. This is the very example that we warn people about here on this forum. I hope people will learn a lesson from this. We see it every year during the heavy winter months when the Seasonal Villagers are back. In desperation or a way to make a quick buck, people come out of the woodworks after they get their income tax returns. They buy a trailer and some lawn equipment and head to the Villages to prey on the kindness of people. Don't think they hadn't knocked 15 to 20 other doors and probably got it slammed in their face with the intention of seeking out the good hearted homeowners with some pity or sob story. The worst one lately, is when they bring their toddlers to sell or with them to the dangerous jobsite while their working. Especially in this heat. I cringe every time I see it. Or the "newbie" with 15 so called years of experience and are wanting to make a name for themselves in the Villages. Saying NO IS OK. They just knock on your neighbors door while their pity story gets more rehearsed.
Very well put!!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.