Black Cow delivered

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Black Cow delivered

A while ago someone posted the name and phone number of a person who delivers Black Cow in bulk for lawns. I have lost that information, could you post it again please, or pm me.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Sage

Curious do you spread it lightly all over the lawn? what type of grass are you using it on? and what specifically does it do? Thanks
Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Curious do you spread it lightly all over the lawn? what type of grass are you using it on? and what specifically does it do? Thanks
The winter damage to my lawn is really bad this year, and it is not getting any better. I usually buy a couple of bags of black cow and fill in the holes, but I need more than a couple of bags and I read that this person brings the black cow to your yard and hopefully spreads it - for a price of course!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The winter damage to my lawn is really bad this year, and it is not getting any better. I usually buy a couple of bags of black cow and fill in the holes, but I need more than a couple of bags and I read that this person brings the black cow to your yard and hopefully spreads it - for a price of course!
Betcha it is aromatic.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Sage

So you are using this instead of topsoil to fill in the dead spots? I love black cow and never thought to use it for this, but could definitely see the benefit. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Sage

Interesting. I was talking to the guy who was replacing sod at my neighbor's house and mentioned I used topsoil to fill in gaps in my zoysia. He advised to use sand instead as the topsoil could bring weeds into the lawn. He said to use play sand or the sandy fill they use around here.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
A while ago someone posted the name and phone number of a person who delivers Black Cow in bulk for lawns. I have lost that information, could you post it again please, or pm me.
You can probably order directly from Black Kow. Looks like they are located in Oxford.

Black Kow - About Us
Old 07-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Sage

If anyone wants some fill, I have a planter full of fill that needs to be removed. No charge. approx. 1-2 cubic yards. I've heard it called it "sanding in" to spread the yard, and assume rain and water will cause it to erode to low spots a lot like...filling a divot.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.