did a terrific job

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Why??? Because I'm calling people out on the stories they are telling? Stories I know not to be true? Yes...I've seen your property... most of us have. You want to tell the lies. I will post the truth. Let the people decide.
No, actually what you're doing is calling people liars. There is no way to know that my story is not true, or that of my neighbor, because you weren't there. And why would I come on here and make up lies? I don't really care to bring any business down. I will review them, however, and that is my right.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
No, actually what you're doing is calling people liars. There is no way to know that my story is not true, or that of my neighbor, because you weren't there. And why would I come on here and make up lies? I don't really care to bring any business down. I will review them, however, and that is my right.
Huh??? I'm sorry... I must have missed something. I didn't think I called you anything. I don't remember who posted what. I questioned the comments about the trees when I know he sells them in his nursery, and in fact saved some of mine, because they liked them and thought they were beautiful.

Someone posted about the landscaping done by The Villages, is perfect the way it is. I in fact had a crepe Myrtle tree that was planted close to the house. Steve moved it out to the yard. He said it was too close to the house and didn't have room to grow. He was right. They shouldn't be planted close to the house. I remember him saying they were beautiful and worth saving.

Maybe the person who wanted the crepe myrtle tree, had a small lot. I don't know. I know people have made comments about some trees being planted close to the home when posters have posted pictures of their landscaping. I'm guessing it was the customer's choice and then will fall back on the landscaper. If a landscaper knows it's wrong for that property... I don't blame them for not doing what the customer wants. It will only fall back on them in the end.

Sometimes in conversations, people get confused. Even here, you seem to think I'm calling you a liar. I'm not. Case in point.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Gracie, I will answer your PM to me in public....

"You told me you worked for him at the beginning when you first moved here and then you told me you didn't work for him anymore. Rick is a very nice person. Didn't he put up your blinds?"

I promote Mansfield Landscaping.... I am the person who posts the reviews sent to his site... They come to me and I post them. Do I get paid by him? NO! I have never gotten paid by him and never said I did. Can't say something that never happened. If you call posting for him.... "working for him" then... Yes... Yes I do. And if you read my posts, you will find the I also work for Village Palms, Jamie's, KGL, Ron's Landscaping as I post for them as well! When people have come on with the mean posts about them, I have defended them and they know that I do.

We have a lot of good landscapers in The Villages who do a great job. Landscapers who will come back when there is a problem. I see no reason to put them down. I've read some of the same kind of things about the other landscapers and I have defended them as well.

I do feel a special fondness for Steve since he did my landscaping and I post his reviews.

As to Rick.... Gracie, I have no problem with him saying thank you for your nice posts. But then don't come on and say you don't get anything from him.

You have been coming on the Mansfield threads, chiming in on them, when you have never talked to him or used him. You don't see any reason to hire a landscaper so... I'm thinking you don't have a dog in this fight.

Yes... Rick did work for me. Yes he is a nice man, yes I like my binds and I have posted that several times.

Yes Gracie, You can catch more honey than with vinegar. And believe it or not. Every time one of these threads take off like this... For some reason people do what I ask, and go out of their way, to talk to Steve's customer's and look at the properties listed. For some reason, his business seems to get better instead of worse.

In fact.... Oren is outside talking to one as I type this.

I have posted positively about Stellar too and we don't use them. They do a beautiful job with three neighbors yards adjacent to ours.

Mrs. Stellar sent me a very kind note when the Topix thing happened.
It was personal, and nothing about their business. It was very kind.

I have all kinds of faults but I am not saying nice things for money.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-28-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Where are the moddies when you need them?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Huh??? I'm sorry... I must have missed something. I didn't think I called you anything. I don't remember who posted what. I questioned the comments about the trees when I know he sells them in his nursery, and in fact saved some of mine, because they liked them and thought they were beautiful.

Someone posted about the landscaping done by The Villages, is perfect the way it is. I in fact had a crepe Myrtle tree that was planted close to the house. Steve moved it out to the yard. He said it was too close to the house and didn't have room to grow. He was right. They shouldn't be planted close to the house. I remember him saying they were beautiful and worth saving.

Maybe the person who wanted the crepe myrtle tree, had a small lot. I don't know. I know people have made comments about some trees being planted close to the home when posters have posted pictures of their landscaping. I'm guessing it was the customer's choice and then will fall back on the landscaper. If a landscaper knows it's wrong for that property... I don't blame them for not doing what the customer wants. It will only fall back on them in the end.

Sometimes in conversations, people get confused. Even here, you seem to think I'm calling you a liar. I'm not. Case in point.
I was the one who posted about wanting a crepe myrtle, and Steve Mansfield was the one who told me they would look dead most of the year and I shouldn't get one. My point was we came in with a plan, it was a workable plan (according to Jamie, who finally did the landscaping), and Steve wouldn't listen to our plan and started steering us to palm trees, which we didn't want.

Then you made the statement that people were telling stories that were not true. That prompted my comment. Perhaps you didn't use the word "liar," but that was your implication. A rose by any other name...

That's it, I'm done talking about Mansfield. You can have the last word.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where are the moddies when you need them?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 PM
TOTV Moderator

Thread has veered way off topic and will be closed. Please refrain from personal attacks between members.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.