did a terrific job

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Default did a terrific job

"The Mansfield crew did a terrific job talking with us about what we wanted, and where we wanted the plantings. They brought out a big selection of plants to chose from. The Mansfield folks were very polite and willing to help us in anyway as we determined what we wanted installed. What we wanted moved from existing plants. And care and feeding of the newly installed plants and palms. Ron in particular was very helpful as well as the regular crew foreman. Scott the lighting and irrigation guy was very through. We would highly recommend Steve Mansfield and his company for landscaping work in The Villages."

Jim and Mollie
Sent from my iPad

Thank you for your kind words.
Mansfield Landscaping

http://mansfieldlandscapingllc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mansf...67792989904604
Old 02-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Because of the multiple compliments to Mansfield Landscaping here on TofTV I called today and left a message requesting a quote for a landscaping job. When the man called me back I was standing outside a business on 27/441 with a lot of road noise and so I couldn't hear who he said was calling although I caught the word "landscaping" I asked him to repeat his business name explaining I had called several firms this morning. At that point he asked me how I got his number and told me to call one of the other companies back because he had more than enough business and didn't need mine. Where all that vitriol came from when I simply asked him to repeat the business name I have no idea but I certainly won't be calling Mansfield Landscaping back in hopes of finding an employee who doesn't go off on prospective clients who want an estimate on a job. And I got his number off the Mansfield Landscaping website.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabraun View Post
Because of the multiple compliments to Mansfield Landscaping here on TofTV I called today and left a message requesting a quote for a landscaping job. When the man called me back I was standing outside a business on 27/441 with a lot of road noise and so I couldn't hear who he said was calling although I caught the word "landscaping" I asked him to repeat his business name explaining I had called several firms this morning. At that point he asked me how I got his number and told me to call one of the other companies back because he had more than enough business and didn't need mine. Where all that vitriol came from when I simply asked him to repeat the business name I have no idea but I certainly won't be calling Mansfield Landscaping back in hopes of finding an employee who doesn't go off on prospective clients who want an estimate on a job. And I got his number off the Mansfield Landscaping website.
You said you called several landscaping companies this morning. I don't know what company you spoke to... While Mr. Mansfield returned many calls this morning, none of them were as you describe.

You are welcome to PM me and I will be happy to assist you in getting to the correct person and get you a quote.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

Had the same experience ..only worse from inside my home...He went on for ten minutes and told me not to speak..never called him after that!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Sage

As it's been an hour and you have just logged off, having not PM'd me, I'm assuming that you may have found resolution to this issue yourself. Since you didn't hear the name of the landscaping company returning your call, I can think of so many scenarios to the phone call you received.

Again... If you wish to have an estimate from Mansfield Landscaping, feel free to contact me and I will see to it that you get one.

From a villager who has used Mansfield Landscaping, I know Steve to be kind and caring....
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Caller ID?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Default Mansfield????????

I had Steve Mansfield do a job for us four years ago, the work turned out fine. Steve Mansfield has one heck of a temper. He got so mad when I asked a question about the way the grass was installed that he started shouting at me. He took his sign out of the yard threw into his truck and said "I have more money than you will ever have" and he drove off ?? The next day he came back, we refused to come out of the house to see what he was doing. His crew completed the work. Later that day he left a note on the front door saying he was sorry and that we didn't have to pay for the work. He wanted us to call him, we were out and didn't get home in time to call him as he wanted. So later that evening he called raising heck with us for not calling back. That call did not end well. Later he called left a message as we wouldn't answer the call, saying he was going to come back one day not sure when and tear out all the landscaping they had done. We sent him a check registered mail to end this insanity. Couple of things about this experience; I should have called the sheriff and not let him brow beat us the way he did. ALWAYS call 'Seniors vs Crime' to get the low down on contractors in TV. Steve Mansfield is very pushy and arrogant individual that has no respect for seniors.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

I had a VERY brief chat w/Mr. Mansfield. It didn't take long for me to decide to look elsewhere.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM

I can't believe Mr Mansfield has any busy with his rude attitude and temper. We also ask him for a quote and said, "don't waste my time with bidding your job, I have enough business", then he put a wad of money on the table to show me he was "loaded" with money, also showed me he was loaded with etiquette or manners.
I also looked elsewhere, we chose Stellar and are very happy with the project. Most of his good faith postings come from his own office.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Sage

While it's great all of you piling on this way....

Mr. Mansfield just completed his second Home and Garden Show, and with both shows his happy customers came out to work the shows for him and were happy to do it.

Anyone who want's to know about Mansfield Landscaping's work and what his "customers" think about him can talk to any one of us. We are listed on his webpage. Any one of us will be happy to talk to you.

I have no clue who most of you are...

Please... If you are interested in learning more about Mr. Mansfield... You can find us, his customers, all around The Villages! You will be surprised to hear of the kindness and generosity of this man.

He lists his customers on his site and the customers who send in reviews, often times give enough information that you know who they are in your neighborhood. My husband wore one of his TShirts for a day and that was when we REALLY learned how much people loved him.

These are comments, from a few of you, about someone who most of you have not used because your personality didn't match his... it happens.

Not a reason to disparage someone. You are not commenting on his work... You are commenting on his personality. I don't know you, but I know that not all personalities are a perfect match.

There are people in The Villages my personality doesn't match... I'm not on here dissing their business. You can read my comments. I promote the good businesses and unless someone actually "frauded" me... I wouldn't be trying to run them down.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Looks like someone has drank the Mansfield Kool aide.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post
Looks like someone has drank the Mansfield Kool aide.

I really don't understand why you two didn't get along. *scratches head*
Old 02-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
As it's been an hour and you have just logged off, having not PM'd me, I'm assuming that you may have found resolution to this issue yourself. Since you didn't hear the name of the landscaping company returning your call, I can think of so many scenarios to the phone call you received.

Again... If you wish to have an estimate from Mansfield Landscaping, feel free to contact me and I will see to it that you get one.

From a villager who has used Mansfield Landscaping, I know Steve to be kind and caring....
I, too, have had terrible experiences with Mansfield -- as a matter of fact, three of them. I have found Steve Mansfield to be cocky, condescending and arrogant. He thinks his "would-be" customers are stupid and speaks to them as they are just that. His attitude seems to be "take what I offer" as opposed to "I'll get what you want." Most of his landscape jobs are almost all the same and very ordinary. All he seems to know are palms and really doesn't want to talk to you about trees. In addition, you MUST listen to his 1/2 hour dissertation before you can say a word.

We went to Earthscapes and couldn't be happier with the service, personnel, choices and architectural plan they drew up. They know how to treat a customer!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post
I had Steve Mansfield do a job for us four years ago, the work turned out fine. Steve Mansfield has one heck of a temper. He got so mad when I asked a question about the way the grass was installed that he started shouting at me. He took his sign out of the yard threw into his truck and said "I have more money than you will ever have" and he drove off ?? The next day he came back, we refused to come out of the house to see what he was doing. His crew completed the work. Later that day he left a note on the front door saying he was sorry and that we didn't have to pay for the work. He wanted us to call him, we were out and didn't get home in time to call him as he wanted. So later that evening he called raising heck with us for not calling back. That call did not end well. Later he called left a message as we wouldn't answer the call, saying he was going to come back one day not sure when and tear out all the landscaping they had done. We sent him a check registered mail to end this insanity. Couple of things about this experience; I should have called the sheriff and not let him brow beat us the way he did. ALWAYS call 'Seniors vs Crime' to get the low down on contractors in TV. Steve Mansfield is very pushy and arrogant individual that has no respect for seniors.
Wow , that is some story.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Sage

It's the same handful of people who come on these posts against Mansfield Landscaping.

I have been to his seminars at his nursery. Yes... Before he started his presentation, he asked everyone to listen and not ask questions until he was finished. He said he thought he could answer all the questions in his presentation and not forget anything. He said that after he was finished he would be happy to answer any questions.

Why would he not want to talk to anyone about other trees? If you go to his nursery, you will find he has all kinds of trees, not just palms. That doesn't even make sense.

As I said before, if you want to know about Mansfield Landscaping, talk to his customers. Go to their homes and talk one on one to any one of them. These are people who are/were willing to go to the Home and Garden shows and work his booth. I'm thinking they must be pretty satisfied customers to to this. Not only did we work his booth, we got to meet his other happy customers when they came buy his booth!

Yes, he will want to explain to you what options you have and about the trees. He wants his customers to be informed. He doesn't want them getting work done and finding out they had other options, he didn't tell them about. Options that would make it look better, or would save them money or how to care for their plants. He doesn't want his trees to die.

We have one neighbor who has had his landscaping done three times because the landscapers didn't take the time to explain to them what works and what doesn't. 99% of Steve's customers are ecstatic with his work.

He takes NO money up front, he won't take your money until you are completely satisfied. From the story I've read on here, someone hired him to do a job and then told him how to do it. Steve has been in this business for 30 years, I think he might know how to do his job.

He was the number one landscaper for the Plantation and is the number one landscaper in The Villages.

The people who have had Mansfield Landscaping work for him, find him to be an honest man and a bit OCD that he wants it done right. He wants his customers to be proud of their properties.

I don't know who these people posting against Mansfield Landscaping on here are. I do know who Steve and Ronnie are. I hired them and would again, as have many others in The Villages. You can find them... They give their information in the reviews and you can find them in your neighborhoods. You will find many of them are on their second and third homes in The Villages and have used Mansfield Landscaping for every home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.