did a terrific job

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Huh???? You just posted you accepted favors from Rick. What wouldn't you accept?

Boy Howdy.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
So you stalk my property, nice!!!!

Why are you doing that?

I think you may not be playing with 52 cards...........
We all see you property when we are going to and from Brownwood... It kinda sticks out...
Old 02-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Sage
Lightbulb

Boy Howdy and then some.

two peas in pod.

This thread exemplifies how not to market services in TV.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I agree with Jimbo. We did have a plan in hand and got five different quotes. What we didn't get from Steve was a quote for our plan. We got a quote for HIS plan, which was not our plan. We wanted no palm trees and a crepe myrtle, among other things, and he had us getting two palm trees and no crepe myrtle. Said we'd hate the crepe myrtle because it looses its leaves in the winter. I happen to like that and tried to explain that, but he wouldn't listen. We wanted brown stones and no curbing. He had us with light colored stone and curbing. Nothing we wanted pleased him. Then to have him accuse us of stealing his design and taking it to another landscaper was ludicrous.

We like our crepe myrtle so much we had a second one added. And no palm trees.

Also, his team transplanted my neighbor's bushes from front to back too deeply, and half of each bush died. The curbing guy never came back to seal the curb, and when my neighbor stopped payment on the check, he threw a fit and called him names. My neighbor said the son called him to try to work things out. My neighbor said okay as long as he didn't have to deal with the father.
I'm having a little trouble with this one as well... Since I have a beautiful Crepe Myrtle tree in my yard and he has them in his nursery.

When plants are transplanted the take a LOT of water or they will die.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Boy Howdy and then some.

two peas in pod.

This thread exemplifies how not to market services in TV.
Why??? Because I'm calling people out on the stories they are telling? Stories I know not to be true? Yes...I've seen your property... most of us have. You want to tell the lies. I will post the truth. Let the people decide.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Sage

I think with the fabulous marketing job you did here (damage control wise) anyone can easily decide.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
I think with the fabulous marketing job you did here (damage control wise) anyone can easily decide.

Not concerned. I will post pictures of some of the properties on my FB page... anyone who wants to see them can friend me. I will let the people decide. That will be damage control enough! *smile*
Old 02-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:

Ouch!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Huh???? You just posted you accepted favors from Rick. What wouldn't you accept?

Perhaps you are right. We accepted help from him and think well of him and I post my opinions of him in a positive way. Money is another thing or monetary gain of any kind is another thing..to me anyway. He could use the blinds he took down.They were brand new.We expected to pay and tried very hard to pay him.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-28-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Perhaps you are right. We accepted favors from him and think well of him and I share my opinions. Money is another thing or monetary gain of any kind is another thing..to me anyway. He could use the blinds he took down.They were brand new.We expected to pay and tried very hard to pay him.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Gracie, I will answer your PM to me in public....

"You told me you worked for him at the beginning when you first moved here and then you told me you didn't work for him anymore. Rick is a very nice person. Didn't he put up your blinds?"

I promote Mansfield Landscaping.... I am the person who posts the reviews sent to his site... They come to me and I post them. Do I get paid by him? NO! I have never gotten paid by him and never said I did. Can't say something that never happened. If you call posting for him.... "working for him" then... Yes... Yes I do. And if you read my posts, you will find the I also work for Village Palms, Jamie's, KGL, Ron's Landscaping as I post for them as well! When people have come on with the mean posts about them, I have defended them and they know that I do.

We have a lot of good landscapers in The Villages who do a great job. Landscapers who will come back when there is a problem. I see no reason to put them down. I've read some of the same kind of things about the other landscapers and I have defended them as well.

I do feel a special fondness for Steve since he did my landscaping and I post his reviews.

As to Rick.... Gracie, I have no problem with him saying thank you for your nice posts. But then don't come on and say you don't get anything from him.

You have been coming on the Mansfield threads, chiming in on them, when you have never talked to him or used him. You don't see any reason to hire a landscaper so... I'm thinking you don't have a dog in this fight.

Yes... Rick did work for me. Yes he is a nice man, yes I like my binds and I have posted that several times.

Yes Gracie, You can catch more honey than with vinegar. And believe it or not. Every time one of these threads take off like this... For some reason people do what I ask, and go out of their way, to talk to Steve's customer's and look at the properties listed. For some reason, his business seems to get better instead of worse.

In fact.... Oren is outside talking to one as I type this.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 AM

Well when I posted my experience here a few days ago regarding Mansfield, I didn't realize it would create such an up rising for some people. I just wanted to say that the work his people did was excellent and I have been happy with my landscaping from the beginning. What I was trying to let people know was that Steve is has a very bad temper if you question him on anything. After our experience with Steve we were concerned about our welfare and we talked of getting out of TV because of our concerns of reprisal by Steve, fortunately our friends convinced us to stay put. Again always contact Seniors vs Crime for background info before you hire anyone.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Sage

Angie in post #21 you said"Why do you keep pushing Mansfield, particularly when you read negative things about him? Because I know what I'm reading is not who Steve is. Do you work for him? No... Someone said I did... I never did."

So if you never worked for him why did say you did in this forum?

Quote:
I loved his work so much I went to work for him ......

I know his bedside manner leaves something to be desired....
.....Don't be put off by his gruffness.
So what's with that? Which statement is true?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Nice post from the person who supports 24 hour blinds and hasn't used him... But he does give you $50 gift cards for the posts!
??? Explain please? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Angie in post #21 you said"Why do you keep pushing Mansfield, particularly when you read negative things about him? Because I know what I'm reading is not who Steve is. Do you work for him? No... Someone said I did... I never did."

So if you never worked for him why did say you did in this forum?

So what's with that? Which statement is true?
The question is do I get paid work... I've already made it clear... I post for him... I work for him. I don't get paid by him. I have always said I post for him... so... Yes... I work for him. No.. .I'm not an employee. I thought I made that clear since I have stated it many times.

For some reason people want to think it's a big secret who posts for Mansfield... It's no secret. I'm very open about it.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
??? Explain please? Thanks.
Mickey, Gracie did... See her post.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.