Earthscapes Unlimited never returned...

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Default Earthscapes Unlimited never returned...

Anyone have experience with Earthscape Unlimited? I contacted them for my "free" walkthru of my irrigation system that they installed on the home I just purchased. He came out about one week ago. The fellow was very nice, and thorough. We discussed follow-on lawn, pest, and landscape maintenance. He said he would be back on Monday with a fellow names "Ross" and would give us a quote, but never showed up. After several more days, I called their office, and left a message indicating that we would like to move forward with getting an estimate, and wondered why no one showed up. Now it is 2 days later, and still no contact from them. Sounds like they should be avoided. If they cannot keep their word, and get back with a quote where there is an opportunity for a year's worth of contract work. I'm puzzled how this company operates, and why the Villages contract with them for the new homes. I'm still hoping they call back, but am becoming more apprehensive about even going with them.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
Anyone have experience with Earthscape Unlimited? I contacted them for my "free" walkthru of my irrigation system that they installed on the home I just purchased. He came out about one week ago. The fellow was very nice, and thorough. We discussed follow-on lawn, pest, and landscape maintenance. He said he would be back on Monday with a fellow names "Ross" and would give us a quote, but never showed up. After several more days, I called their office, and left a message indicating that we would like to move forward with getting an estimate, and wondered why no one showed up. Now it is 2 days later, and still no contact from them. Sounds like they should be avoided. If they cannot keep their word, and get back with a quote where there is an opportunity for a year's worth of contract work. I'm puzzled how this company operates, and why the Villages contract with them for the new homes. I'm still hoping they call back, but am becoming more apprehensive about even going with them.
I'm beginning to believe that this is becoming a trend here in The Villages, more now than ever before. I'm still waiting for the guy who agreed to power wash my pavers and seal them. He was suppose to be here at 8:30 this morning. I won't chase anyone to do work for me -they should be chasing me. I NEVER have and NEVER will pay up front. To me, keeping a promise is the measure of a man or a woman. Some of them are coming up short.

Xavier
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If this company was part of the home warranty process, I would just call The VIllages home warranty and believe me one call is all it will take ...they willl be out to your house apoligizing .......they dont want to lose that contract and all it takes is a couple of negative calls for it to happen.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Default Reliable Power Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I'm beginning to believe that this is becoming a trend here in The Villages, more now than ever before. I'm still waiting for the guy who agreed to power wash my pavers and seal them. He was suppose to be here at 8:30 this morning. I won't chase anyone to do work for me -they should be chasing me. I NEVER have and NEVER will pay up front. To me, keeping a promise is the measure of a man or a woman. Some of them are coming up short.

Xavier
Call Shower Power they are reliable and very reasonable. 352 253 wash
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Default Giving up w/ Earthscape, Need someone for lawn service

Quote:
Still no callback... Decided to give up with Earthscape Landscaping. Does anyone have a recommendation for reliable all-in-one lawn, and landscape, maintenance service?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
If this company was part of the home warranty process, I would just call The VIllages home warranty and believe me one call is all it will take ...they willl be out to your house apoligizing .......they dont want to lose that contract and all it takes is a couple of negative calls for it to happen.
I agree.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree.
Do you think that I would want someone under these circumstances? I think that they might be "bugged" and give me an outrageous quote. Any thought?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Do you think that I would want someone under these circumstances? I think that they might be "bugged" and give me an outrageous quote. Any thought?
Pete, Maybe they don't do lawn maintainance. Perhaps they were going to stop by with a card for someone who did?

I think this is the link to their website.http://www.thevillageslandscape.webs.com/ I don't see maintainance on here. Maybe this is the wrong company?

The folks who put in our landscape in our two month old home for the developer, only put in irrigation lines, sod and plants,bushes and trees. They don't do grass cutting, weeding and bug control.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Still no callback... Decided to give up with Earthscape Landscaping. Does anyone have a recommendation for reliable all-in-one lawn, and landscape, maintenance service?
I'd stay away from "Once A Year" (Also known as Once A Year Pest Control) and "Smart Service." They are both owned by the same person, Kenny Smith. If you do a search on TOTV or Google them on-line you'll find that they are really bad news. I speak from personal experience.

Xavier
Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
PeteDz-

We do it all! You can check out our website stellarresidential.org also we advertise on TOTV and if you search Stellar many of our customers have spoke about us on here. Give us call!

Hope to hear from you-
Marty Rouse/Owner
352-553-2597
Stellar Residential Svcs, LLC
I have been happy with Stellar and they stand behind their work.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Gold member
Default Earthscapes

Ohhhhhhh great guess who put in our system?

I think I'm now calling Stellar from the folks here on line recommendations

Herv
Old 01-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Ohhhhhhh great guess who put in our system?

I think I'm now calling Stellar from the folks here on line recommendations

Herv
Stellar gets my vote!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 AM

Well it's now April of 2013 and I'm experiencing the same service. Super nice walk through, but I've left 3 messages to get a service contract with them. Not sure what I should do
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

A lot of the subs for TV are so busy, they can't really take on private work but they keep trying so that when build out is done, they'll still have an income. Horrible Catch 22 for them, a total loss of trust by us.

Another really good full-service lawn company is Sevans Lawn & Landscape, 352/516-7100, sevans_lawn&yahoo.com.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Gold member

I have a friend who said one company was going to charge her several hundred dollars just to come out and give a quote because she was out of their normal area. They had just completed a job a few houses from her. Plus the job had to be $3,000 at least. If you can't get an estimate, how can you know what the cost of the job would be? And who wants to pay someone to come out for an estimate. By the way, if she went with them then they would take that off the bill.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.