Fairfield Farms Nurseries Ripoff

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
LovingLife, I also commend you on your apology, that doesn't happen often here on TOTV. Recently I visited your nursery and was overwhelmed with the beautiful and well-treated plants you have. I wanted a large tree and the salesperson was extremely helpful because I didn't know its name and she went out of her way to get me the information. I think... remember I'm old so my memory is not that good, but I think, you deliver but don't drop the tree in the ground??? That was a deal breaker for me cause there's no way I could do it myself and it was such a pretty tree. But if that's not the case, let me know and I will return ......
Thank you for your apology, I think that was very big of you.
kathieI: We have a variety of services, including paid & gone (customer takes with them), tagging & pick-up (at a later time by someone else with larger vehicle), tagging & delivery (no planting), tagging & delivery & installation (planting & customer sat), tagging & delivery of new material plus removal of old material & planting of new material (planting & removal & customer sat) - in addition to full design and layout services.
So you're right on both counts: we delivery only if requested (save labor $$), and we deliver and install (labor price based on size & quantity of plant material)
Hope to see you again!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM

WillieP
sorry for your troubles but I have a remedy for your nasty catapillars the next time they attack your olleanders! Mix some Dawn dish detergent with water into a spray bottle and spray the heck out of them and they will drop like flys! No harm to the plants, but kills all the darn catapillars!

Is it 5 o'clock yet?????
Old 08-17-2011, 02:18 PM

I called this nursery twice and left two voice messages to have an estimate done on my home here in TV. Unfortunately for them, I used someone else that was recommened because they never bothered to call me back.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM

Applause to LOVINGLIFE, although I do find it humorous that..."and reviewed the bolded all sales final on the bottom of the store receipt." If there are no signs in sight regarding the return policy (Do not know one way or the other) and one must rely on the bill of sale language with respect to the no return policy then I would think it is too late.
This is a family owned business and maybe they will change their store policy...or at least make it a bit more flexible. In any event, we should want them to succeed.
Thanks LOVINGLIFE for standing up and being a responsible manager.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
WillieP
sorry for your troubles but I have a remedy for your nasty catapillars the next time they attack your olleanders! Mix some Dawn dish detergent with water into a spray bottle and spray the heck out of them and they will drop like flys! No harm to the plants, but kills all the darn catapillars!
DAWN detergent...........AMEN.............works every time. Cheap, efficient and environmentaly friendly. ANOTHER use for DAWN.... pour mix on potted plant soil and ground plantings too. ALSO.. when a hole is dug for NEW ground plantings.... load the hole with lots of DAWN and hose it in. Then do the planting. Bugs in the soil will not attack. (even if they survive). BUT>>> it MUST be DAWN. I just killed ALL the bugs on a 25+ foot Live Oak using a Nerf Super Soaker Water CANNON. Now that is a SQUIRT GUN the "POSSE" should have. Neighbors lock up their Dogs and hide the grandkids when I APPEAR in the yard with that "thing".
Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardblanchard View Post
I called this nursery twice and left two voice messages to have an estimate done on my home here in TV. Unfortunately for them, I used someone else that was recommened because they never bothered to call me back.
Disturbed and disappointed that your messages were not returned; will do my best to figure out why and not repeat that experience for either of us.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardblanchard View Post
Disturbed and disappointed that your messages were not returned; will do my best to figure out why and not repeat that experience for either of us.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Default Fairfield Farms is the best!

I have read every post on this subject and feel compelled to add my experiences with FFF. I have owned two homes in The Villages since 2002, and we hired FFF to do our landscaping for both homes for the major items such as trees, large bushes, and islands, stone, etc. I prefer to landscape the majority of smaller bushes and plants myself. Fairfield usually has the most beautiful selection of all major plants as well as smaller plants. They charge premium prices for their premium products, but you get what you pay for. I have experienced normal (and some abnormal problems) with some plants and trees, and have found that FFF always provides the solution to my problems. Once, I could not resolve a fungicide problem with some huge Ligustrum trees, and upon speaking with Brenda (the owner) and describing what I had tried, she told me to adjust my oscillating sprinklers to avoid contact with the leaves and provided me with two different sprays to use alternately over several weeks. Problem solved. I suggest if anyone has a problem which cannot be readily resolved with the personnel on duty, call Brenda. She is a great person and truly caring owner. I recently dealt with Susan on my last purchase and she was wonderful. She provided us with a great experience in attempting to select our tree by offering a no pressure tour of the choices, and suggestions for each. FFF gets my highest recommendadtion!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Unhappy Regarding Systemic Insect killers

Remember that anything poured around the plant to be absorbed systemically
will not only kill the present pests but all of the beneficial insects, butterflies,
good larva and hummingbirds as the poison is then thru every part of the
plant including blossoms, nectar, etc. Best to pick off the offending caterpillers
or if that does not appeal to you, just nip them in half with a garden scissors.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:49 AM

We had a similar problem with Fairfield. I have decided not to go back. They just don't get what it means to give GREAT customer service.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

In defense of FFF, totally disagree with your assessment luv2travel. From design to job completion they did a wonderful job on our landscaping. Very helpful, so much so that neighbors noticed and hired them for additions to their landscaping. Sorry but I can't let a negative post go without a positive comment if it directly affects my past choices of businesses where we have a good relationship. jmho
Old 10-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up In Support

We used Fairfield Farms for our landscaping about 3+years ago and we spent around $8,000-9,000. They did a great job and Brenda helped manage the work. It is now 3+years later and another landscape person told us the citrus tree that was installed would not give fruit. I stopped at Fairfield Farms to tell them what I was told. Brenda immediately said she would look at it and let me know if that was true. That afternoon she came to the house, looked at the tree and told us of the problem and our need to do somethings to help it produce fruit. REMEMBER THIS IS 3+ YEARS AFTER WE INSTALLED IT AND SHE SHOWED THE SAME INTEREST AS THOUGH IT WAS THE DAY BEFORE!!
Everything she planted/installed has just become more perfect. We are very happy with them and how they back up their product. Brenda takes a personal interest in their work and is great to deal with.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Gold member

i have a 6 foot high potted key lime tree. the tree is free the pot is not.
im a poet and dont know it!
if interested pm me.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
i have a 6 foot high potted key lime tree. the tree is free the pot is not.
im a poet and dont know it!
if interested pm me.
You may have more luck getting rid of the tree if you posted a separate thread rather than one titled "Fairfield Farms Rippoff". (Damn that does not seem fair)
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM
BOMBERO
Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You may have more luck getting rid of the tree if you posted a separate thread rather than one titled "Fairfield Farms Rippoff". (Damn that does not seem fair)
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. IT DOES NOT SEEM FAIR!

I also wonder (not that it is any of my business) why Mjune, more than a year and a half after her 1st. post decided to post for her second time by picking at this scab. Again...just wondering.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.